Contact us

Waiting Iist of Shelley & Nici is 14 years old now!

Does Severina like it when horses are fed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rest in peace legend, can't believe I had gotten turnt do this classic evergreen just the day before he passed with my girlfriends at billiard cafe...

strajker

A late shout out to Waiting Iist of Shelley & Nici, Tanner & Josh, Tiffany & Krista and Denise & James Earl's WLSC 215 entry.

Tell your friends.

I wanted to share a song from Julie and The Phantoms, a Netflix series I find special due to its effect on me reconsidering some of my life choices. While there's about five songs in the show I would send as entries. I picked this one:

Charlie Gillespie - Unsaid Emily

First things first
We start the scene in reverse
All of the lines rehearsed
Disappeared from my mind
When things got loud
One of us running out
I should've turned around
But I had too much pride
No time for goodbyes
Didn't get to apologize
Pieces of a clock that lies broken
If I could take us back, if I could just do that
And write in every empty space the words "I love you" in replace
Then maybe time would not erase me
If you could only know I'd never let you go
And the words I most regret are the ones I never meant to leave
Unsaid Emily
Silent days, mysteries and mistakes
Who'd be the first to break?
Guess we're alike that way
He said, she said
Conversations in my head
And that's just where they're gonna stay forever
If I could take us back, if I could just do that
And write in every empty space the words "I love you" in replace
Then maybe time would not erase me
If you could only know I'd never let you go
And the words I most regret are the ones I never meant to leave
Unsaid Emily​

By the way, this is not Waiting Iist of Shelley & Nici, Tanner & Josh, Tiffany & Krista and Denise & James Earl returning to the contest. But there might be some one or two off special appearances to send the leftover songs.

Waiting Iist of Shelley & Nici, Tanner & Josh, Tiffany & Krista and Denise & James Earl has during the past couple of days reconsidered returning to Nation Song Contest, and has decided that it has no intention of fully returning to Nation Song Contest due to the broadcaster's schedule availability and the internal affairs of the nation. However, finals of NSC might at times return to Horehronska Televizia's viewers.

However, Waiting Iist of Shelley & Nici, Tanner & Josh, Tiffany & Krista and Denise & James Earl is willing to resume diplomatic relationships with other nations after the COVID-19 pandemic subsides, and hopes to see more instances of NSC meetups happening.

Last edited:

strajker

Re: Waiting Iist of SNTJTKDJE 168 - Steve Maitland & Ed Lima - Empire Earth (Final entry)

Let us know in advance when you're coming back, so we can shoot all WL first.
It's time for what the people of Kalrathia, Waiting Iist of Shelley & Nici, Tanner & Josh, Tiffany & Krista and Denise & James Earl call popular measures, or well whatever Orian wrote when in NSC 167 our nation has decided that NSC 168 should be our last for a while.

However, after a break of 50 editions, or whatever years that is in NSC time. I'm pretty sure there was no global pandemic around when we left, we have decided to rejoin Nation Song Contest.

Once properly back in the contest, we are going to drop Tanner & Josh, Tiffany & Krista and Denise & James Earl from our nation's full name, for logistical and practical reasons, as there is no wish to stray away further with a new name.

--------------------------

On a personal note, since leaving NSC in April of 2019, a lot of my personal life has changed, I have thought that working a part time job, doing an internship and university at same time combined with lower interest in NSC, by cutting it out I'd get a lot of free time, but I did not really gain anything at the time.

A couple of weeks or months ago Jochen asked me to recount the lost results of one of the NSC editions that I have hosted, it was a very fun puzzle full of procrastination, which made me rethink some of the things. And then Unla, who is somewhat responsible for my abrupt decision to leave has inspired me to return to the contest.

Funnily, despite not being in NSC a lot of my friends who have no connections to ESC have seen Horehronieland's NSC Wiki page, and one of my closest friend was like hey this community seems wholesome why did you even quit it?

Well, anyway, to mark the 51 editions that have passed here I am.

I am aware that unfortunately this edition will be one of those where I don't get to skip Waiting List like in NSC 51, so I will publicly reveal my reserve entry anyway - as I am certain no one ever wanted to send this to NSC.

Upon a proper return there will be a NF of all the songs that I have thought of "I could have sent this to NSC during the past 4 years."

Reserve entry:
Donatella Rettore & Tancredi - Faccio da me

strajker

NATION SONG CONTEST 222
Zofia Jastrzębska - Infamia

Regular video coming soon.​

strajker

Queen Rockçı Serpil has ordered the following press release:

Horehronská Televízia Announces Grand Return Celebration for Nation Song Contest 223

Kalrathia, WSN -- 2nd of October, 2023

Horehronská Televízia, in a move reminiscent of grand royal celebrations, has declared it will host a "Welcome Back" national final for the next edition of Nation Song Contest, NSC 223. This significant announcement comes as Waiting Iist of Shelley & Nici, the diarchy that's not led by either Shelley or Nici, make their return to the contest after a pause that spanned since April 2019, totaling an absence of 54 editions.

During the break, a plethora of entries, each resonating with the soul of our nation, emerged. However as Horehronská Televízia had taken a step back from participating in the NSC during this period, these songs have been set aside.

Why are we not holding this celebration for NSC 222? As the return has occurred in a shocking turn of events, the television network has been unable to allocate funds for an event of such stature in such a short time.

Yet, NSC 222 will not be overshadowed. The contest will feature the track "Infamia" by the enigmatic Zofia Jastrzębska. This Polish rap masterpiece, deeply entrenched in Roma traditions, explores the treacherous waters of infamy that one might venture into when not adhering to the Romanipen - the sacred Romani law.

In a philosophical note to end, a source close to the event shared a poignant thought, "Fear is just a thought let it flow."

For more updates on this, stay tuned to Horehronská Televízia.

------------------More news from WSN--------------------

Horehronská Televízia Commits to WLSC: Funds Allocated for Next Four Editions

Kalrathia, WSN -- 2nd of October, 2023

In a groundbreaking move symbolizing its commitment to cultural and musical endeavors, Horehronská Televízia has officially announced the allocation of funds to ensure participation in the Waiting List Song Contest (WLSC) for the next four editions through WLSC 266. The participation will in part serve as a way to get rid of a backlog of entries that we would have wished to enter to NSC.

Participation in Spinoff Editions will be further decided on a per edition basis - based on public interest for the topic.

strajker

A new better audio quality video for our NSC 222 entry with lyrics included.
Zofia Jastrzębska - Infamia

Romanipen is the code of ethics or set of values that Romani people follow to maintain their cultural identity. It encompasses the totality of the Romani spirit, culture, law, and the essence of being Romani. Infamy, in a broader sense, refers to a loss of reputation due to unethical or undesirable actions.

Exile from the Romani community can occur for several reasons, although the specifics can vary depending on the particular group or regional customs. Here are some factors that could lead to someone being exiled from the Romani population:

1. Marrying an Outsider:
    • In some Romani communities, marrying outside the community can lead to exile. A Reddit user shared a personal anecdote about a half-Romani, half-Polish friend whose mother was cast out from her Romani family for marrying an outsider.
  2. Forsaking Romani Identity:
    • In certain historical or colonial contexts, being Romani itself was a reason for exile, as seen in Brazil where the colonial authorities sought to suppress Romani identity.
  3. Anti-Integration Stance:
    • The general ethos of being against integration with non-Romani populations could also be a factor. If a Romani individual chooses to integrate into mainstream society, they might face discrimination or even exile from their own community.

Last edited:

strajker

Press Release from Horehronská Televízia:

NAJKRAŠIA PESNIČKA 223 THE NATIONAL FINAL CELEBRATING OUR RETURN TO NSC HAS BEEN REPLACED BY "TANCREDI OR NOT" SELECTION
Kalrathia, 29th of October 2023

After a long consideration of what the songs for the originally supposed to be National Final will be, Horehronská Televízia has came to the conclusion that Tancredi Cantù deserves a chance over most of our would be entrants. However, as new songs also came into consideration that will not be relevant in further editions as the citizens of Waiting Iist of Shelley & Nici will be used to them, the television has decided to go with the "TANCREDI OR NOT" selection.

Our National Final for NSC 223 will consist of 4 or 5 songs by Tancredi - one of them already familiar to the WLSC crowd, and one song by someone else.

Here is a ChatGPT generated representation of the songs currently in consideration:

NOT A TANCREDI SONG

ISOLE

LAS VEGAS

FACCIO DA ME

HO BISOGNO

Last edited:

strajker

NATION SONG CONTEST 223 NATIONAL FINAL
120th entry of WSN
TANCREDI OR NOT?

Hosted in Eirulan, WSN by Horehronská Televízia on a budget.

Because we've obvisuusly predicted that Sometimes it will be Tancredi, sometimes it's not, the NF is below:

Sometimes it's Skott,
Sometimes it's Tancredi,
Thought I’d make a recap, but I let it slide,
Voiceless screen recordings, by my side.
Chorus-clips are here for your delight,
Watch and vote, let’s set it right. (Sometimes you vote)

Grade them up from zero to the ten,
Your liking guides the pen.
Decimals or repeats, make your mark,
In this musical lark. (Sometimes it's clear)

If you don’t wish to hear them all play,
Skott or Tancredi, what do you say?
Choose your favorite, don’t delay,
Who’ll light up the stage today?
Sometimes it’s Tancredi,
Sometimes it’s Skott,
Pick and be ready,
Who’s your top spot?

NOT TANCREDI PART:

Skott - Midas

TANCREDI COMPETITION:

Tancredi - Isole

Tancredi - Las Vegas

Donatella Rettore & Tancredi - Faccio da me

Tancredi - Ho Bisogno

Tancredi - Tanto lo so

Reminder of the voting system:
Grade all of the songs from 0 to 10, according to your liking. The grades may repeat, and there is no need for a tiebreak, you may even use decimals if you wish.
If you don't feel like listening to all of the songs, you can do a Skott vs. any of the Tancredi songs, and just say Tancredi or Skott.
You can post your votes here, or on my socials / discord.

List of songs:
00 Skott - Midas
00 Tancredi - Isole
00 Tancredi - Las Vegas
00 Donatella Rettore & Tancredi - Faccio da me
00 Tancredi - Ho Bisogno
00 Tancredi - Tanto lo so

---
Outro
---

Only six songs, laid out for your ear,
Which one resonates, which one is clear?
From the pop beats to the ballads that sway,
Who will you pick today?
Sometimes it's Tancredi,
Sometimes it's Skott,
Sometimes it's Tancredi,
Vote? (Sometimes it's Donatella)

In the chorus, in the beat that they drop,
Tancredi or Skott, who'll be on top?
Decide now, for the contest's at stake,
Whose song will you take?
Sometimes it's Tancredi,
Sometimes it's Skott,
Sometimes it's Tancredi,
Vote? (Sometimes it's Tancredi, or not?)

The deadline is 4th of November 23:59 CEST.

Last edited:

strajker

To the tune of liminality, a waiting song we spin, A national final sits in silence, quite thin. Tancredi or not? That is the choice to make, Five songs to his name, with Skott at the stake.

Sometimes there’s a vote, Sometimes there’s not, Sometimes there’s a vote, Hello? Sometimes there’s a vote, Sometimes there’s not, Sometimes there’s a vote, Hello?

Waiting list of Shelley & Nici, echoes with no sound, Will it be Tancredi or Skott that we send around? Not a single ballot cast in the fray, Does no one have a word to say?

Sometimes there’s a choice, Sometimes there’s not, Sometimes there’s a choice, Hello? Sometimes there’s a choice, Sometimes there’s not, Sometimes there’s a choice, Hello? (Sometimes there’s a choice)

The stage is set for a song to break through the void, But the silence is loud, the fans are all coy. Is it a question of when or a question of how, For the NSC song to take a bow?

Sometimes there’s a fan, Sometimes there’s not, Sometimes there’s a fan, Hello? Sometimes there’s a fan, Sometimes there’s not, Sometimes there’s a fan, Hello? (Sometimes there’s a fan)

With Skott’s single echoing in the space, And Tancredi’s tunes at a steady pace, Who will it be to take the lead, In this quiet contest, who will succeed?

Sometimes we’ll decide, Sometimes we’ll not, Sometimes we’ll decide, Hello? Sometimes we’ll decide, Sometimes we’ll not, Sometimes we’ll decide, Hello?

So here we are in the waiting game, Tancredi or not? It’s the name of the frame. The decision hangs on a silent thread, With the national final still unread.

Sometimes there’s a song, Sometimes there’s not, Sometimes there’s a song, Hello? Sometimes there’s a song, Sometimes there’s not, Sometimes there’s a song, Hello?

Link to NF (should be post above)

Sometimes it's Tancredi, sometimes it's Skott.

strajker

Last call for voters, be the one that decides what entry will WSN send to NSC 223.

strajker

@randajad @Rmetr0 @Marlfox have voted in the National Final.

Thanks to them, we have the following results!​

8.0 + 2.5 + 9.0 = 19.5 Skott - Midas
6.0 + 9.0 + 4.0 = 19.0 Tancredi - Isole
8.0 + 2.0 + 2.0 = 12.0 Tancredi - Las Vegas
9.0 + 9.0 + 8.0 = 26.0 Donatella Rettore & Tancredi - Faccio da me
7.0 + 1.0 + 7.0 = 15.0 Tancredi - Ho Bisogno
6.0 + 8.7 + 7.0 = 23.7 Tancredi - Tanto lo so

Which means, the 120th entry of Waiting Iist of Shelley & Nici is Rettore, Tancredi - Faccio da me. This was also the reserve entry for NSC 218 when we did not get in.

NATION SONG CONTEST 223
Rettore, Tancredi - Faccio da me

WLSC 264 entry will be Skott - Midas.

Horehronská Televízia confirms that Waiting Iist of Shelley & Nici will not parttake in the proposed 177th NSC Spinoff.

Last edited:

strajker

It's lights out and away we go:

NATION SONG CONTEST 224
Bryan Tyler and Philharmonia Orchestra of London
Formula 1 Theme

Horehronská Televízia has opted to cancel the originally planned internal national final for NSC 224, and after failing to deem a lot of our potential entries worth for NSC 224, has decided that Formula 1 Theme performed live by Philharmonia Orchestra of London and conducted by Bryan Tyler who is also the composer of this piece will be the entry for this edition.

The entry comes right in time when Formula 1 is on its 3 month break.

Our runner up entry Chinchilla = Cut you off will be our WLSC 265 entry.

WAITING LIST SONG CONTEST 265
CHINCHILLA
Cut you off

strajker

Hope you fare better with this epic overture than when I sent it to WLSC and ended up almost last. Still gives me chills when I hear this xheat
Whoa didn't look up WLSC songs but what a shame. Hopefully there's more taste in NSC.

strajker

Waiting Iist of Shelley and Nici has changed their entry.

Delulu is the solulu for NSC 224.

I don’t wanna go out today
I don’t wanna go out till the sun goes down
I don’t wanna go out today
I don’t wanna go out till the summer’s gone

Sympathize
Oh, why I-I-I-I…
Try to justify your actions baby
I can’t read your sign
該說的你都說了
(You said what you needed to say)
我想多是我的错
(My bad for being delulu)
And it’s all in my head

Delululu-lulululu-lu
It’s just in my head
Lu-lu-lulu
Just in my head
He-he-he-he-he-head
Lu-lu-lulu

Starin’ at my phone screen
Cryin’ till my nose bleeds
Thinkin’ bout my clueless boy
你是什麼東西
(What are you)
靠近我什麼動機
(What’s your motive)
You got me so clueless boy
Delululu-lulululu-lu

Delululu-lulululu-lu

It’s just in my head

Delululu-lulululu

我緊張我好喜歡你我不管我就這樣
(Nerve-wracking I like u so much idc)
我緊張我好心慌不理我我就尖叫
(Nerve-wracking, anxiety-inducing no reply I scream)
翻滾扭動陰暗爬行鑽進你的圈套
(I toss I turn I twist I wiggle into your trap)
我緊張我好心慌不理我我就尖叫

你是什麼東西
(What are you)
靠近我什麼動機
(What’s your motive)
Delululu-lulululu-lu

Sympathize
Oh, why I-I-I-I…
Try to justify your actions baby
I can’t read your sign
该说的你都说了
(You said what you needed to say)
我想多是我的错
(My bad for being delulu)
And it’s all in my head

Delululu-lulululu-lu
It’s just in my head
Lu-lu-lulu
Just in my head
He-he-he-he-he-head
Lu-lu-lulu

你是什麼東西
(What are you)
靠近我什麼動機
(What’s your motive)
Delululu-lulululu-lu

我緊張我好喜歡你我不管我就這樣
(Nerve-wracking I like u so much idc)
我緊張我好心慌不理我我就尖叫
翻滾扭動陰暗爬行鑽進你的圈套
(I toss I turn I twist I wiggle into your trap)
我緊張我好心慌…
(Nerve-wracking, anxiety-inducing…)
Delululu-lulululu-lu

Last edited:

strajker

WLSC 266
ratbag - exit girl

I kind of wanted to wait with this for NSC but I will find something potentially by then.

WLSC 266 also concludes Horehronská Televízia's current 4 edition commitment to the Waiting List Song Contest. Further participation extension decision to come in January.

Top Bottom