Contact us

Voting system in 2021

Loindici

Veteran
i wonder with covid on board, do you think there would be any changes with the voting system? share your thoughts here xheart

A-lister

Veteran
Never going to happen, but I wish the spokespersons would go back to at least announce the top. 3's again and not just the 12s, I really miss the suspense... the voting part just isn't as exciting in its current "fast-food TikTok generation format"... and I would really consider a 60/40 dynamic (60% televotes, 40% juries)... one can dream at least!

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran
wonder if we'll have less juries though? (like 3 per country probably). i don't know how a jurying session is usually organized but... could it be a possibility?

tomos2019

This probably isn't going to happen and is probably more about the presentation than the actual voting system, but I've always wanted to see more of the actual results in semifinals, it's just annoying for me not knowing where a song came until days later when I normally have semifinal songs still quite high!

anto475

Unrelated to the voting system but I would like to see a return to envelopes for announcing the semi finalists. And of course a return to the random draw, with the semi finallists's positions being announced like they were in 2004-2007

Loindici

Veteran
Unrelated to the voting system but I would like to see a return to envelopes for announcing the semi finalists. And of course a return to the random draw, with the semi finallists's positions being announced like they were in 2004-2007

agree with the envelopes! they add to the intrigue in the announcement process!

Looren

Veteran
Exclusion of televote and only jurys

No just kidding xD

Honestly I don't think it'll change

Loindici

Veteran

Loindici

Veteran

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Televote robbed Tamara Todevska

And many more beautiful songs. This is why televoting needs to go away, because it's not meritocratic at all

A-lister

Veteran
And of course a return to the random draw...

Oh, this yes! I've been mentioning it pretty much every year since the random draw was exchanged with the current corrupt and non-transparent "producers choose the running order". They want a good show and diverse mix of the entries to keep a good flow, which is completely understandable, but is it really so hard to just introduce genre/"style" pots then and just draw randomly from those pots? xshrug

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
And many more beautiful songs. This is why televoting needs to go away, because it's not meritocratic at all

Yeah because the juries are? :lol:

I know some having a wet dream of Eurovision going back to the "glory" days when the rest of the world had moved on, but Eurovision remained in its bubble stuck decades behind what actual contemporary music sounded like at the moment because of the so called "professionals" having all the say. I know some won't be content until almost every entry is a soulless over-sung ballad (preferably sung in "English" only) that desperately tries to fit as a filler on an early Mariah Carey 1990's album, but sounds even too dated and badly composed for that :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
I do not anticipate any significant changes except for the (terrible idea of) backup vocals not being live which is according to the EBU, a one-off thing, you know like Australia's participation

This!

And yeah... we've all seen what a "one-off thing" means in reality...

While I do "get" the point of allowing backing vocals, it's really a slippery slope from there in regards to keeping the contest fair, transparent and all those things (which the EBU already struggles with due to questionable choices and actions), I'm afraid this just opens up the Pandora's box even further with playback shows and cheatings xshrug

ESC94

I know some having a wet dream of Eurovision going back to the "glory" days when the rest of the world had moved on, but Eurovision remained in its bubble stuck decades behind what actual contemporary music sounded like at the moment because of the so called "professionals" having all the say. I know some won't be content until almost every entry is a soulless over-sung ballad (preferably sung in "English" only) that desperately tries to fit as a filler on an early Mariah Carey 1990's album, but sounds even too dated and badly composed for that :ROFLMAO:

Even though I think some points are a bit exaggerated I strongly agree with you that reintroducing juries only would be a very bad idea. I really don´t wanna go back to the nineties when juries picked songs as a winner nobody wanted to hear outside of the contest because of theim being really old fashioned, leading into very low tv rates.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

Darling, you sound like a broken disc. You always repeat the same thing, over and over again. Why don't you try sometimes to change the...

Top Bottom