Contact us

Vlad is fired

niko

Banned
First let me say that I wanna cry SOOC

Vladislav Yakovlev, the ex-executive supervisor of JESC was fired today. He posted this video on youtube :

For more information click here

EDC0708

Sad to hear that Vlad is going, it is a shame what is happening in the EBU at the moment, and a shame they appear to fire anyone who questions it. As the article mentions, Vlad took JESC from 12 countries to 17 in three years, and I think he was also involved in attracting countries back to EYD after two previous cancelled editions.

EscGeek

Veteran
this just proves that he was right
well...that's business for ya

Stiven

1hSyfwa.jpg

But seriously the only thing worse than this is how unproductively the fans are.
Instead of complaining to the broadcasters and heads of delegations they just whine on the internet.
Anyway if you are against this decision here are the EBU members and HoD:

Please contact them and tell them to look into it because its their money and they should know where its going and to push for more transparency.
Because the only broadcaster doing something at the moment is NDR:

And if that fails remember the media is always looking for the next juicy scandal :rolleyes: after all this is how we got the EBU to publish the full jury-televote results, the names of all the jurors and NDR to withdraw Xavier Naidoo :twisted:.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
NDR questioning it is probably how they ended up last with nothing this year at Eurovision. :lol:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
I'm not super sure whom to trust on the matter of what exactly got him fired, but what I do know is that Vlad (and Kath and Luke) brought JESC back from the brink of destruction and did an amazing job with it, and anything not as bad as running a puppy-killing ring had no business getting any of them fired.

macmillanandwife

Oh c'mon, really!? :mad: JESC was pretty much a sinking ship until he took over! All because he questioned what was on everyone's mind. I thought the EBU had (slightly) higher standards than this, but I was sadly mistaken. If they appoint Sietse Bakker back as Executive Supervisor then we can safely assume that this ship is going down.

[MENTION=12847]Stiven[/MENTION] very good post, I agree. People saying things like "I hate EBU!" or "EBU is corrupt" won't do anything.. the problem needs to be directly addressed otherwise it'll just be overlooked

Top Bottom