Contact us

Virus alert?

Hele.

Hello guys :)

Recently, always when I go directly from Google to escunited.com/forum.php (not escunited.com), my Avast blocks some infections. When I go from some other site this doesn't happen...This is how it looks.

2rnigq1.png

Anyone other have similar problem? Any solution?

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Do not upgrade, I'm almost certain that is fake and likely will give your computer a virus simply by upgrading.

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
If I remember correctly, we don't have control over ads, but I'll check with Matt :D maybe we can do sth. about it

EscGeek

Veteran
"Virus alert! Delete immediately before someone gets hurt!Forward this message on to everybody" xmusic

I have no problems at all

1-maybe you already have a virus and this virus is presenting to you as "Avast"
2-maybe you don't have adblock installed
3-maybe escunited is punishing you because you have to google it instead of accessing it directly from the bookmarks bar:lol:

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member
"Virus alert! Delete immediately before someone gets hurt!Forward this message on to everybody" xmusic

I have no problems at all

1-maybe you already have a virus and this virus is presenting to you as "Avast"
2-maybe you don't have adblock installed
3-maybe escunited is punishing you because you have to google it instead of accessing it directly from the bookmarks bar:lol:

...then burn any clothes you may have happened to be wearing any time you were online?

Weird Al xheart

Fluke

Every time i view this forum now, Windows Defender reports it as having possible malware, "JS.Redirector.QD" or something like it. I know it's probably not really harmful but just some script that Windows Defender detects as possibly harmful, but can you possibly try to find out what causes it? It's really annoying to some, i'm sure.

It doesn't even say what contains it, but i know it's this forum because it's only whenever i visit that it comes up.

CaraMia

Every time i view this forum now, Windows Defender reports it as having possible malware, "JS.Redirector.QD" or something like it. I know it's probably not really harmful but just some script that Windows Defender detects as possibly harmful, but can you possibly try to find out what causes it? It's really annoying to some, i'm sure.

It doesn't even say what contains it, but i know it's this forum because it's only whenever i visit that it comes up.

The same happens with me now.

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
Did you maybe check the homepage (articles one, not forum homepage)? [MENTION=5921]Fluke[/MENTION] [MENTION=11212]CaraMia[/MENTION]

CaraMia

Did you maybe check the homepage (articles one, not forum homepage)? [MENTION=5921]Fluke[/MENTION] [MENTION=11212]CaraMia[/MENTION]

It's only on the forum homepage. A green message box appears on the right side of the screen and says that no action is required and Windows Defender is doing its job. On the articles page, nothing appears.

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
Hmm I was getting a virus warning on homepage a few weeks ago, but nothing on the forum :/

I'll look into it

MyHeartIsYours

I'm still getting virus warnings too. It happens when I use Firefox, every time I either mistype my password and end up on the failed log-in attempt page, and every time I log out. Doesn't happen using Chrome or when I've saved the log in.

MonkeyJaw

Even Google gives a warning about this site ("this site may be hacked"), and it has been this way for at least two years now, since I first joined. I thought I posted about it when I joined, but apparently I didn't. It's quite amazing, I've never been to such a site that seems to work great and cause no problems, but being on a "hacked" list for more than two years...

Top Bottom