Contact us

Updates/Requests/Improvements (post all noticed ISSUES and SUGGESTIONS here)

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
As you recall, our website went down a couple of days ago. The host determined a large number of spam and shut down the website as the server load was just unbearable. In that process, several IPs were blocked that were deemed as spam by the system. It's possible that some of the active forum users were identified incorrectly as spam for that reason so I'm working my way through the list.

Please send me your IP via PM so I can take a look if it's on the list. We identified a few IPs, I saw one of them belongs to [MENTION=4377]AlekS[/MENTION] so we are in the process of removing them from that list. But that may take a few hours but it should be done by tomorrow.

I am actively working on it so if you are having issues, please send me the IP that is giving you issues.

It looks like the forum is reaching its max storage and usage so we may have to limit features on here so keep things run smoothly. Upgrading storage and RAM would double the cost, definitely outside of my budget. I will review and see how we can run things smoother, that includes potentially slowing down the online contests as people refresh a lot and that is certainly not helping with the server load. But more to come on that.

Citelis

Then i know an easier way to fix it!
Since the problem is the ip then by restarting the router it got fixed!

AlekS

Veteran
[MENTION=4364]Matt[/MENTION]. Sent you a PM.

And happy birthday btw ;) What a time to dip into our issues.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Trece checked my IP just now, and I still cant access, but I sent you it anyway just in case. Actually I know this spam you're probably talking about. I reported one of the posts the other day. There were loads of new accounts popping up making random singular posts that had a link to random websites in the posts they made.

tuorem

[MENTION=4364]Matt[/MENTION] Sent you a PM as well.

Thank you for the info. I wasn't fully aware of what happened.

ESC94

I also had huge problems on Thursday and Friday to enter the forum, but now everything works very smoothly again. But interesting that I wasn´t the only one with problems.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I believe my IP adress is still blocked, so I'm forced to use a hotspot from my phone to the laptop.

Idk if anything has changed as I still cant access also.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Done also. Most of my hops timed out. :lol:

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Thanks to everyone who forwarded me the information. I am currently working with our host on this and will let you know as soon as I have an update.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
It is amazing how many people I had to sleep with just to get this taken care of. If anyone else has issues, please let me know right away.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Can we add this emoji pls
D83DDE11.png
It's become a very important part of my forum life, and I hate having to go find the image to link it. Thank you forum gods. x

Still would like this smiley pls x

Top Bottom