Contact us

Until when Cyprus-Greece will exchange the 12 points as Tradition..???

lilka

I meant that this may seem not so fair to us, including me, but they are like brothers. Wouldn't you all vote for your brothers?

greece

I always find it bad to vote a country because you are in the same block or because you are friends.It's not the same with :cy: cause we are as [MENTION=6159]lilka[/MENTION] said brothers but the people should vote their fave song and not the country.Of course I really really really thank Cyprus for all their support and love but if you guys when you join again next year(I'm sure for this) you should vote your fave...I really appreciate it but it's not rule to vote us

lilka

[MENTION=13025]greece[/MENTION]:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's pretty safe to say that it's in fact Greeks voting for Greeks.

greece

[MENTION=13025]greece[/MENTION]:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's pretty safe to say that it's in fact Greeks voting for Greeks.

I'm not sure if they want to called them Greeks but they are first Cypriot.Also there are and the Turkish-Cypriot.But again (and this is and for the duaspora) people should vote their fave song not country

lilka

I was not questioning their independence as Cypriots, I only wanted to emphasize the special relationship between your countries. In terms of voting for the favourites I totally agree. :)

Paddy

you understand them? it sounds like you think it is fair, which is wrong in my opinion.
anyway i think it is wrong to focus so badly on cyprus and greece. they have just the longest history of exchanging high points, but
azerbaijan-turkey, belarus-russia, romania-moldova etc. aren't better too...

Belarus and Russia at least are not doing this every year.
Of course Belarus always gives some high points to Russia, but last year there were only 8 and in 2011 for example only 5.
Russia didn't gave a single point to Belarus last year.
And also Romania didn't get the 12 points of Moldova last year.

Terence

No one saw that one coming :eek:

How long will we wait till this is broken again?

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Let's say you're a Cypriot music industry professional. When it comes right down to it, Cyprus is a relatively small musical market, so in order to catch a career break in a serious way, you have to look to Greece. Now let's say you find your way onto a Eurovision jury. Wouldn't it be in your best interest to give Greece the highest marks you can possibly give and make inroads with someone, most likely a moderately to very big name given Greece's history, in Greece's business?

(This explanation doesn't exactly work the other way, but it does explain Cyprus --> Greece, as well as Moldova --> Romania.)

DanielLuis

Let's say you're a Cypriot music industry professional. When it comes right down to it, Cyprus is a relatively small musical market, so in order to catch a career break in a serious way, you have to look to Greece. Now let's say you find your way onto a Eurovision jury. Wouldn't it be in your best interest to give Greece the highest marks you can possibly give and make inroads with someone, most likely a moderately to very big name given Greece's history, in Greece's business?

(This explanation doesn't exactly work the other way, but it does explain Cyprus --> Greece, as well as Moldova --> Romania.)

Well this is a song contest and if the jurys are professionals like they're supposed too they have the obligation to obey the rules and vote for the entry they think is the ebst in terms of quality and performance, without any second intentions.

Ianp16

Whenever Greece sends a really unpopular song, in English. If Cyprus send a crap song they won't qualify, but Greece will qualify with ANYTHING. So if they send a bad enough song and another country (possibly one with a large disapora living in Cyprus, eg the UK) send a brilliant song, then it could end then.

Well, this didn't age well.

Ajeje Brazorf

Probably, if Stefania will come back singing for The Netherlands or Helena will come back for Sweden. 😅😅😅 Jokes aside, I remember that in 2015 Greece and Cyprus gave it's twelve points to Italy, and Cyprus gave only 6 points to Greece 1990. But yeah, there are very few cases.

4 points from juries

Top Bottom