Contact us

Until when Cyprus-Greece will exchange the 12 points as Tradition..???

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
What does Sweden have to do with this? We're talking about Cyprus & Greece here. Nobody is denying that the Scandinavian countries are voting for each other but we are referring to the 12 point exchange right now.

nikolay_BG

Banned
It`s just 12 points :lol:
This 12 points wont make Greece win...duh
The cypriots like greek songs.
Is it so hard to understand it?

GeorgeChali

From wiki

The United Kingdom has given the most points to... Ireland
Ireland has given the most points to... United Kingdom

Russia has received the most points from... 1 Estonia 118
2 Latvia 95
3 Israel 87
4 Ukraine 86
5 Belarus 85
= Lithuania 85

Finland has given the most points to...Sweden
Sweden has given the most points to.... Finland

Serbia has received the most points from...
1 Bosnia and Herzegovina
2 Slovenia
3 Switzerland
4 Croatia
5 Macedonia

Moldova has received the most points from... Romania
Moldova has given the most points to.... Romania

Sorry for previously but i got angry because you seem to have stucked only in the example of Greece-Cyprus
This happen even with the smallest country.
It;s something we cannot avoid.... so relax and enjoy :p

MyHeartIsYours

^ Pointing out what other countries do doesnt make this situation any better. Greece/Cyprus are the only countries that you can guarantee 12 points to each other as far as Im aware.

Narmina

It`s just 12 points :lol:
This 12 points wont make Greece win...duh

I agree with you. Greece & Cyprus, Azerbaijan & Turkey, CIS countries, Scandinavia and EX-Yugoslavia countries can exchange 12 points, but if you want to win you should get votes from all over the Europe. Just match. This year we got points from

12 - Russia, Turkey, Malta
10 - Ukraine, Moldova, San - Marino, Croatia, Romania
8 - Albania, Austria, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Cyprus, Estonia, Georgia, Iceland, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal
7 - Hungary, Slovakia
6 - Belarus, France
5 - Finland, Greece
4 - Israel
3 - Belgium, Sweden
2 - Latvia
1 - Switherland

So, 31 countries voted for us and only 5 countries from CIS + Turkey

Yamarus

Absolutely, how many countries actually vote for you (regardless of points) is really important. And look at all the eight points Azerbaijan got, THIS is what made them win. 1-8 points is a non-political vote, unlike 12p (and sometimes 10p).
People tend to be obsessed with 12 points for its symbolic value. And since 2006, only points 8-10-12 (which tend to be the most predictable, at least 12) are actually given by spokespersons, actually reinforcing the feeling of neighbour/bloc-voting. I mean, did anyone have time to actually see the points being given during the vote in Düsseldorf? It went SO fast...

CypriotGirl

Veteran
1) At least it is a couple of countries and they are not hiding. Not like the ex-yu and ex-soviet and scandinavia Block. they might not exchange 12 points all the time, but see who mostly gave 12 points to BiH this year. They support 1 song each year, this year was BiH, next year will be another. They are too many countries, unlike Greece and Cyprus, and Turkey with Azerbaijan as well. 2 countries exchanging 12 points is not a big deal, it can't make a country win Eurovision. It can only save it from being last.

2) Greece almost every year sends popular artists that are well known in Cyprus. Many times Greece sent Cypriot artists (Anna Vissi, Sarbel, Loucas Yiorkas). Even if Cyprus or Greece send an unknown artist, like :cy: 2010, the song will be played in Greek and Cypriot radios and get a lot of popularity. No doubt it will gain the 12 points again!

3) The only "solution" is Greece to send a 100% crappy song (Efi Thodi for example) and fail to gain the 12 points of the juries.

Last edited:

lowyby

I agree with you. Greece & Cyprus, Azerbaijan & Turkey, CIS countries, Scandinavia and EX-Yugoslavia countries can exchange 12 points, but if you want to win you should get votes from all over the Europe. Just match. This year we got points from

12 - Russia, Turkey, Malta

Malta always gives your country a lot of points ; I think they like your style bcs I don't think there's a lot of Azerbaijani people over there or are they (:?

CC92

Malta always gives your country a lot of points ; I think they like your style bcs I don't think there's a lot of Azerbaijani people over there or are they (:?

Is it revealed how Maltese people have voted in 2010 and 2011? 2008 and 2009 they kept their consent towards the Azerbaijani Turkish entry within a limit. Probably their broadcasters just started good relations as this year they aided one another. ;) On the other hand, Azerbaijan gained 5th and 1st and it is not unusual to vote for countries in that position. Okay, maybe for Malta it is – point taken, however... :lol: We better wait some years I would say.

Narmina

I can say there are maybe no Azerbaijani there :D

Is it revealed how Maltese people have voted in 2010 and 2011? 2008 and 2009 they kept their consent towards the Azerbaijani Turkish entry within a limit. Probably their broadcasters just started good relations as this year they aided one another. ;) On the other hand, Azerbaijan gained 5th and 1st and it is not unusual to vote for countries in that position. Okay, maybe for Malta it is – point taken, however... :lol: We better wait some years I would say.

maybe you are right, but we'll se it of course ;)

lilka

The answer to this thread is: they will never stop. And I totally understand them. They are more than just neighbours.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Actually with the new transparency rules that could change. All jurors will have to show us their votes individually and it would look pretty bad on them if they all gave Greece (or Cyprus) 12 points.

Pepe90

The answer to this thread is: they will never stop. And I totally understand them. They are more than just neighbours.

you understand them? it sounds like you think it is fair, which is wrong in my opinion.
anyway i think it is wrong to focus so badly on cyprus and greece. they have just the longest history of exchanging high points, but
azerbaijan-turkey, belarus-russia, romania-moldova etc. aren't better too...

Edward

I think she meant she understands why it happens. Not whether she thinks or not that it's fair, that assumption is a bit of a far stretch.

Edward

Could have phrased it as a question then. The way you've put it down was a little confusing. Let's see if she lets us know..

Top Bottom