Contact us

Unpopular (ESC) opinions

HarryUK

I really want a drag queen (at some point) to represent :uk:

Frock Destroyers, Queens of the Bone Age, United Kingdolls, Danny Beard, Divina De Campo, La Voix, Gals Aloud, The Saturgays...

Maybe a year that the BBC really can't afford to win hosting rights - I'd be interested to see the televote scores!

Ezio

Veteran
I didn‘t like „Statements“ at all and I opened a bottle of champagne when it failed to make it to the finals
Me too, but I was gutted when Robin Bengtsson won and neither Jon-Hendrick nor Wiktoria. I am still not over it :(

Ezio

Veteran
My favourite country of the last 5 years in ESC, wasn't Sweden, wasn't Ukraine, wasn't even my country, just to name the more succesful in the last few years, but was actually Portugal. I think this is quite unpopular as they are seen as one of the most conservative countries. But imo, conservative doesn't equal bad.

The T was spilled and it is hot!

Ezio

Veteran
Fairytale wasn't the best Norwegian song of the 2000's: Alvedansen, In My Dreams and Hold on be strong are all better than Fairytale...
Fairytale was just a huge circus act. A calculated song like so many winner songs. For most countries, their winning entries aren't their best by far.

Sammy

Veteran
Me too, but I was gutted when Robin Bengtsson won and neither Jon-Hendrick nor Wiktoria. I am still not over it :(
Completely agree! I would have gone for Wiktoria, but I really loved Jon-Hendrick as well.

MopManMoss

Veteran
Alf Poier is singlehandedly responsible for the quality of the mid to late 2000s at eurovision (and I love Weil der Mensch zählt)

12Pointsgoto.....

My favourite country of the last 5 years in ESC, wasn't Sweden, wasn't Ukraine, wasn't even my country, just to name the more succesful in the last few years, but was actually Portugal. I think this is quite unpopular as they are seen as one of the most conservative countries. But imo, conservative doesn't equal bad.
100% Agree. Portugal has been in my top 5 every single year since 2017.

Iker

Veteran
Ukraine's latest victory is just out of pity and the result of a political movement towards Russia. There is no possible way that the song could have received that amount of overwhelmingly high points from public vote if it wasn't for the conflicts with Russia, and the United Kingdom would have received their first victory in a long long time.

When you think romantically, it is nice that the public cares about such things, but then I feel sad for the representatives who have been pushed one position down because they are there to promote their art and show their skills. They have been crushed down by the politics, especially Sam who has a victor stolen from him. :( He is not my favorite, nor have I voted for him. I just think evenhandedly.

By then also a lot of Ukrainian people fled the country so they likely constituted a significant % of votes too.

Ajeje Brazorf

Zero Gravity is the cringiest entry of the last decade: I dislike the song, the vocals, the staging... Not that I hate it like some others (like Arcade and Scream which were incredibly bad), but yet I strongly dislike it...

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Ok, are you ready?

"Eaea" will not win Eurovision 2023.

giphy.gif

Ajeje Brazorf

The majority of Esc fandom is hypocritical when they said Italy is misoginistic in Sanremo because women never win. Why I found this statement so hypocrite? Well, when Italy has sent women to Eurovision in the last 13 years, they were all downvoted and Italy gained its 3 worst results since its return. It was actually Europe who voted. And by the way, the fandom of the best known Italian male artists are mostly women. This is my Unpopular opinion of the day, following Mengoni's win.

MopManMoss

Veteran
Anyone that thinks admitting Kosovo to Eurovision would be a boost to the number of entrants is a fool, Kosovo's admission would result in at least five withdrawals

Top Bottom