Contact us

Unpopular (ESC) opinions

Navn Navnes

Ukraine's latest victory is just out of pity and the result of a political movement towards Russia. There is no possible way that the song could have received that amount of overwhelmingly high points from public vote if it wasn't for the conflicts with Russia, and the United Kingdom would have received their first victory in a long long time.

When you think romantically, it is nice that the public cares about such things, but then I feel sad for the representatives who have been pushed one position down because they are there to promote their art and show their skills. They have been crushed down by the politics, especially Sam who has a victor stolen from him. :( He is not my favorite, nor have I voted for him. I just think evenhandedly.
Ukraine was miles ahead of UK, Spain and Sweden from a purely musical perspective, and easily deserved to beat them.

MooseShoes

The only arrangement I ever cared about

I'll let it slide in 2022 becuase the contest actually took place in Italy, but let this year be the last time we have to hear the presenters getting the whole crowd to sing that song. I can't take having to hear, yet again, some 10,000-odd people going...

VOLARE....
WOAH-OH
CANTARE...
WOAH-OH-OH-OH
Mumble mumble, mumble something DEL BLU

and so forth.

mitch67

is that really an unpopular opinion outside the Eurovison bubble? one just had to read the comments on FB sites etc that most people knew Ukraine would win because of the war they are in. And many did not even bother to watch the results, they just watched the songs..

Yazy

I´m starting to become glad that :be: made the final this year.

I´m not sure how much I actually "like" the song. Initially, I found that chorus to be super annoying.
Annoying and.....memorable. Enough to sneak into my head.

So now it is kinda of a guilty pleasure. Annoying guilty pleasure (if that term even exists, dunno).

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
Post ESC Guilty pleasure for me: Azerbaijan 2022

I can see now why juries loved it

Brandt

I like Euphoria, but I don't get all the fuss and hype over the song. It is a good song but it is still overrated in the fandom. The song is not even among my top favorites of the year it competed in.

Sammy

Veteran
I didn‘t like „Statements“ at all and I opened a bottle of champagne when it failed to make it to the finals

Ajeje Brazorf

France 2001 is the best "non winner" song ever... Everything in that song is perfect, or, at least, it was until she decided to sing the last chorus in English... That sank France possibilities that year.

Ajeje Brazorf

The stupidest reason to withdraw a country from the competition is the lack of good results... It's like saying: "We are bad at it, so we don't give a fuck" instead of trying to actually do something better... Maybe this is not so unpopular, but I feel that way...

Ajeje Brazorf

My favourite country of the last 5 years in ESC, wasn't Sweden, wasn't Ukraine, wasn't even my country, just to name the more succesful in the last few years, but was actually Portugal. I think this is quite unpopular as they are seen as one of the most conservative countries. But imo, conservative doesn't equal bad.

Mainshow

Veteran
My favourite country of the last 5 years in ESC, wasn't Sweden, wasn't Ukraine, wasn't even my country, just to name the more succesful in the last few years, but was actually Portugal. I think this is quite unpopular as they are seen as one of the most conservative countries. But imo, conservative doesn't equal bad.
:pt: gave us "Saudade, Saudade", "Telemoveis" and a song inspired by a Dutch stripper.
I don´t think that "conservative" is the right word to describe Portuguese entries nowadays :D

Top Bottom