Contact us

Unpopular (ESC) opinions

mauve

Veteran
You'll find that this is easily a majority opinion.
I actually wouldn't see it like that. People seem to think that there are so many "Sweden-haters", but I doubt that. On this weekend, there were so many NFs at the same time, and everybody seemed to be in the Sweden-thread. So even when people don't admit it, they find Sweden interesting. I am actually not a Melo-Fan ... unless Anna sings. xangel

MalagaToledo

Banned
Lithuania 2020 is a trashy, joke act, troll act, gimmicks or whatever ppl wanna call it. I think it is based solely on gimmicks. They wanted attention and even though I'm in minority I don't like it. It has nothing to do with the song, because it looks like a parody.

tomos2019

I don't like it but I just put it down to me having a different taste in music. I won't be happy if that song wins (or even does better than We are the Winners!) but the sad thing is I don't think it can win anyway because for some reason it seems to have got really hard for new countries to win now.

ESC94

I really don´t understand why soo many fans loved Terry Wogan. For me he was just a cynical old man who completely lost contact with reality and failed to reliaze that most of the recent UK failures where completely deserved.

In my opinion his stupid comments are one of the main reasons why the contest has such a bad reputation in the :uk:.

Last edited:

LastDreamer

Banned
"The Best of Me" is the one from the best :fr: Eurovision entries in last 30 years.

Nemo89

I wish to exclude televoting and have 100 % jury on Eurovision.
:uk: is the most underrated ESC country, especially in 21st century.

Leaving the vote to juries alone would be a disaster. Already the ESC is sufficiently driven by alliances between juries. Better to stick to these old system. For you, is the UK the most underrated nation of the 21st century? You are right! They only won the ESC 5 times. And the English language is almost the "official language" of the competition with 37 active wins.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Jessica Mauboy is my favorite :au: entry. There, I said it.

Kate was great and all, but this, this is my empowerment anthem. The one I listen to when I want to be in a fabulously good mood, even if it's about - god forbid - love. Did the live performance crash and burn ? Absolutely. Did I love it ? Absolutely.

Neo

I really don´t understand why soo many fans loved Terry Wogan. For me he was just a cynical old man who completely lost contact with reality and failed to reliaze that most of the recent UK failures where completely deserved.

In my opinion his stupid comments are one of the main reasons why the contest has such a bad reputation in the :uk:.
I agree with the bad effect he has had (and not only in UK), but he was fun. (the age and sex comment is uncalled for though, just discriminatory. This is for unpopular ESC opinions).

tomos2019

Jessica Mauboy is my favorite :au: entry. There, I said it.

It's actually my 2nd favourite Australian entry! Probably more because it is only out of 6 though but if I will try not to focus on staging, vocals etc so much and just try to judge on songs then, yeah, I do actually like it.

LastDreamer

Banned
"She Got Me" is the one from the worst :ch: entries.
:ua: is the worst ESC country.

Last edited:

tomos2019

I would have been with you on She Got Me when I first heard it then as time went on and there was more hype and I saw the VHS-inspired staging I thought actually it's not so bad and I hated Stones more so it did eventually look better by comparison!

I don't think I have a worst ESC country. I do think some Ukrainian entries are overrated like, for me most from 2008-2011 for example but the ones people don't seem to go on so much about like Gravity, 1944, Solovey and so on I do actually quite like. They still haven't got a win on my ranking though, 1944 and Solovey are the closest!

LastDreamer

Banned
@Citelis How much :0: points songs :ua: have in your rankings ?

Top Bottom