RainyWoods

Croak-kay
giphy.gif

deen1_537640491.jpg

Playlist missing Mars Agro - Losing You and Eartha Kitt - I Love Men

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
An hour left to vote but I'm loose if anyone would like extra time. Going to send in the winner before I go to bed although if need be I don't mind waiting until the morning. Just let me know.

tenor-3.gif

After iowacorn and Looren's votes it's still close. It's a three horse race, although there are two others that can do it. It's just they'd require two more voters minimum to catch up, which perhaps would be too much of an ask considering just how many of you have voted already xfaint Anyway, this is tense and coming right down to the wire.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Voting has CLOSED and we have a winner... only just xheat Oh boy was that tight right until the last moment.

9109_Sad_Cat_Thumbs_Up.png
- 152 - 146 - 144 - 143 - 127 - 126 - 121 - 121 - 99

So who do you think won? It could have been any of the top 5. It came down to the final voter which was Connor 💄 Here's something interesting for you. Voters by pots:

A = 5
B = 3
C = 2
D = 6
E = 3
F = 4

As you can see, D turned out hard here, as did also A 🌹Lil pot C only had a couple of voters. My own pot E had 3 🥺 I think a couple of the songs suffered from not having enough of their potential fanbases voting but anyway, it was a mighty battle. Thank you so much again to everyone that took the time to listen and help me out. It means a lot. I know the winner won't please everyone but it's something I think I can feel proud to mark my 100th edition with. I'm delighted you chose what you did.

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
In 10th place with 99 points is

In 9th place with 121 points...

You monsters. This was my favourite 🤧 but this artist will be back at WV.. very soon. Stay tuned!

Coming 8th place and also with 121 points but winning on 12s is..

They've come 7th with
126 points

Thought they might have done better and ended up even as a compromise sort of winner that no one dislikes

Just missing out on the top 5, coming 6th with 127 points

The low pot E turnout probably didn't help. I think my fellow pot mates would have really liked this one as would have F.​

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
AND SO OUR TOP 5 🙌

PTnjkDP.png
wag5Zic.png
qtDVia5.png
byIGuR7.png
qyoDDYE.png

There was just 12 points separating 1st and 5th, the winner securing their victory by only 3 points!

Find out later tonight who was victorious in this epic battle.

Are you #TeamAmerie #TeamDoomtree #TeamDrugs #TeamSkeeter #TeamAndrew #TeamTheyAllSuck

I advise you not being that last team though

sad-cat.gif

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
My top 3 still in it. x purr 🙌🏻

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
John Cale on the last place is a crime

I lost some more great songs already

however...

#TeamSkeeter xpray

Yeah, I think John Cale got a bit unlucky really. If the Pot E turnout was stronger, along with F then he might have done better. I think he was an easy option for many to place last. He had by far the most 1s and generally people went low with him. He was a last minute addition to the NF as well 🥺 Still glad I put him there. Just a shame he ended as the clear flop but also someone had to come last.

My top 3 still in it. x purr 🙌🏻

Your power! Now for your 2 pointer to win xheart

Fierro

Two songs of my top-3 are unfortunately out. Didn't expect Shannon and The Clams do so poorly compared to what I expected. But some entries that left are still fine.

JChan

I have to say I'm #TeamAmerie now!! Although I'm very upset to see the ethereal Father John Misty not coming top 5 xcry

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
6GXsGqc.png

So there you have it. You crowned Skeeter Davis the winner of my The Big 100 national final, giving her the honour of marking my 100th edition here at WorldVision. Wowsa. I didn't think I'd stay this long when I signed up but here I am still.

1Cz8Oca.png

Skeeter Davis (birth name Mary Frances Penick) was born in 1931, Dry Ridge, Kentucky. Nicknamed due to her energy after the slang word for mosquitos (a fact I didn't know and just always thought she had a nice, unusual name) Skeeter started her career with The Davis Sisters before eventually going it solo. One of the very first female country singers to achieve major stardom, Skeeter was a big influence on names such as Dolly Parton and Tammy Wynette.

The entry that marks my 100th edition here was a massive hit for Skeeter. Released in 1962, The End Of The World written by Arthur Kent and Sylvia Dee is the first and only song to date in billboard history to crack the top 10 and 5 on all four billboards: The Billboard Top 100, Hot Country Singles, Easy Listening and Hot R&B charts.

It's often cited as one of the saddest songs in country music, describing that feeling of losing a partner or a loved one where your life stops but the world still moves around you. Over the years The End Of The World has been used in many mediums from films to video games (any Fallout 4 fans in the house *raises hand*).

Skeeter lived a tough life but she pushed through it, singing right until the very end. Fans always wanted to hear her signature tune and she was invited onto the iconic Grand Ole Opry stage many times to perform it, the last being in 2002 shortly before her passing.

GRAND OLE OPRY PERFORMANCES

Every artist I presented to you in this particular national final means something to me but I don't think you could have picked better than Skeeter and this very dear little song. It's been on my mind to send it from the beginning of my time here but it was hard to let go of it. For edition 100 everything was game though and it's here! I hope you enjoy the song and thank you so much again xheart

NATIONAL FINAL RESULTS

As you can see it was extremely close. The winner changed constantly early on with Doomtree, Shannon and the Clams, Father John Misty, Andrew W.K. and Skeeter tasting that top spot once or twice. Skeeter managed to take the lead for the final time about half way through and then held onto it all the way until the end. Amerie and The War On Drugs (especially the latter who were last for a long while) came from nowhere to put up a fight right at the end, but Skeeter held on... just. Amerie fans, fear not. You'll see her at WV soon. Thanks once again to everyone that took part in the selection. It was great fun! The turnout was crazy.

giphy.gif

Thank y'all very much!

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
Omg I'm crying - you know how special this song is to me and the memories that it brings back. xheart

Happy 100th Anniversary dear Kai and thank you so so much for sending this beautiful song xlove

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
@theditz83 Don't. You'll get me going too :cry: I thought of you the moment Skeeter won knowing you'd be delighted.. not that you would have been too upset probably if she'd done a switcharoo with Amerie though :sneaky:

theditz83

Veteran
@theditz83 Don't. You'll get me going too :cry: I thought of you the moment Skeeter won knowing you'd be delighted.. not that you would have been too upset probably if she'd done a switcharoo with Amerie though :sneaky:
That Amerie song was a verified bop and spoke clearly to my Pot A soul, but Skeeter always had my heart in this NF and I'm so happy to see that she held on to take the win.

I'm just terrified of how I'm going to rank all these songs in this semi - WV roster bringing their A game and I'm totally not prepared... These are happy tears, honest...

6zW59j.gif

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
skeeter43.jpg

1st in Semi 1 with 100 Points / 21st in REJU with 21 Points
2nd in the Grand Final with 171 Points

Being runner up with this little country song that's deep in my heart is priceless. Thank you again to everyone that voted in my NF, selecting it for me. For a long time I wondered what would I do when I reached this milestone edition, who and what would I send. The End Of The World felt like the perfect song for the occasion. I'm so glad you picked it out and that the late great Skeeter Davis was appreciated this much. Six 12s (the most in the final) is crazy!

:12: ::midw :svea: :fr: ::gota :no: :fi:
:10: :nl:
:8: :ca: ::weca ::nwit
:7: :lv: :au: :cy: :sobr: :mx:
:6: :ceru:
:5: ::nuna
:4: :paci:
:3: :ch: :en: :susa:
:2: ::ista
:1: :it: :pl: :at: ::sudo

I wanted to do more to celebrate my 100th edition but the national final was the only thing I managed. I initially planned to do a look back video and hold an LL even as some do when they've reached a special edition, but my mind just wasn't in the right place for any of that which makes me feel quite sad and regretful. I want however to thank this community for all the good times we've shared together. I never thought I would be here for this long. Having this thing and you all in my life has helped a lot. I might have wrote that with a little tear.. darn you all!

xrose

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
1st in Semi 1 with 100 Points / 21st in REJU with 21 Points
2nd in the Grand Final with 171 Points
:eek: WOW, so you were definitely in the correct semi then. And what a relief that you were. xheart What a stark difference!

Top Bottom