Croak-kay
giphy.gif

deen1_537640491.jpg

Playlist missing Mars Agro - Losing You and Eartha Kitt - I Love Men

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
oGW2Lt3.png

King Tuff is bringing his psychedelic sunshine to our national final. I previously sent Tuffy to WorldVision with the title track from his album The Other, perhaps the garage rock record dearest to my heart. We're giving a second chance to a track from that album (bit of a clue there). Doomtree were my gateway into the world of hip hop music. They were last seen at the contest over ninety editions ago when they came 15th with Beacon, a record later equalled by Doomtree's Dessa as a soloist. You can expect something wild and hard hitting from them. John Cale also returns finally. The fact I've shared my favourite founding member of The Velvet Underground with you just one time here, and with a cover of Hallelujah of all songs when he has decades of his own gems on hand.. well, I should be arrested. I'm going to put that right by slipping him into this NF with his most lush piece of all.

So that's nine names now. I feel like we need to round that number to a nice big ten.

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
And so last one is *small drumroll*......

SM2h4lO.png

Yessirree, it's that gentleman currently in my avatar, Mr. Father John Misty. So far he's been at WorldVision three times with his best result being achieved last year when he managed 20th with Bored In The USA thanks to a PQ. I'm excited at the moment as Misty is releasing a new album this April, his first in four years.

100TH ENTRY NATIONAL FINAL LINEUP

Clj4Rz1.png

ext2Cr9.png

oGW2Lt3.png

SM2h4lO.png

So there's our lineup, unless some backstage drama happens. It was super hard and I was constantly adding and taking away songs but eventually settled for this bunch of very dear to my heart artists. I took out a couple *cough* Weyes Blood who I thought could likely landslide it. I want this to be close. If I put a Nicole Atkins or Margo Price in then it's game over for everyone else which I've learned is no fun. This bunch should be able to have a good fight, and I think each stands a chance. I should have the NF up by tomorrow. I hope you'll help me pick my 100th entry!

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
ulwBpDs.png

6O2qDh7.png
vbUN41e.png

COPY & PASTE LIST

THANK YOU FOR VOTING

::ista :au: :cn: :ua: ::weca ::gota :kr: ::nwit :paci: :be:

:br: :mx: :nl: :susa: ::toho :cali: ::midw :jp: ::sudo :west:

::nuna :ch: :se:

DEADLINE: MIDNIGHT 30TH OF JANUARY

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Phew so there we have it. Apologies for how terribly indulgent this is but hey, it's a one off special occasion. I was excited. Forgive me. The lineup ended up quite different to how I originally envisioned it. Poor Weyes Blood and Amigo The Devil got yanked out right at the last moment and I had planned them as centerpieces. The ten artists I'm sharing here though are dear to my heart and each worthy of being The Big 100. I'm hopeful this will be a real tug of war battle that's anyone's game. I can't wait to find out what happens. Let the battle begin!!

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Two voters so far. Thank you very much to Journalist and Shaun xheart

I forgot to set a deadline but it's the same as when I always host NFs. Midnight before the day of the submissions deadline is when I'll send in the winner, give or take a little if anyone would like a bit of extra time. I'm guessing you've got about a week to go if you'd like to help me pick my 100th entry. I'd really appreciate it 🥺

theditz83

Veteran
Just know that there's still a little bit of my brain that sees Deen in your shows and automatically says "oh look, it's Kai being all sassy and fabulous" - you'll always be our Deen xlove

:nl: will vote before the deadline legend xup

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Oooo and Charly has just voted. What a delightful morning. That takes us to three voters and it's close so far. The tug of war has already begun which is just what I hoped.

24 - 22 - 20 - 19 - 19 -17 - 16 - 16 - 11 - 10

Just know that there's still a little bit of my brain that sees Deen in your shows and automatically says "oh look, it's Kai being all sassy and fabulous" - you'll always be our Deen xlove

:nl: will vote before the deadline legend xup

You know me too well Gary. I love a bit of DEEN. What a dazzling Eurovision legend he is xlove When I grow up I want to be DEEN. If I could have just a fraction of his style and iconicness.

I look forward to receiving your wonderful votes Gary xheart I'm hopeful there's at least one song there that can tickle your tastebuds.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Five voters now. Thank you very much to Vlad and Jordan xheart The tug of war continues. There's a trio trailing a bit behind (last place has me shocked as I thought it would be a frontrunner) but at the top it's very close. The current leader is polarising having received 34 of its 37 points from three of the five players who've voted so far. I'm pretty sure it will continue to polarise so it will be interesting to see how well it can hold on.

37 - 35 - 34 - 33 - 32 - 28 - 25 - 23 - 22 - 21

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Thank you to Luka, Ana, Flo and Fabi xyes Nine voters now which is great xheat Things are still close but there's a breakaway pack of four songs. The leader has been almost constantly changing with each new set of points. I still don't know who will win but I think it's looking challenging for the bottom 3 at this point.

66 - 64 - 59 - 57 - 52 - 50 - 48 - 43 - 43 - 40

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Things are still very close after receiving votes from Uto, SF and Cesar. It's exciting seeing the leader constantly changing. There's now a tie at the top and the song just behind them on 75 points has staged such a comeback. It was dead last for a long while, at one stage being about 25 points behind the leader. Now it's very much in this. I'd say it's a seven horse race, although I expect one of the 62 pointers to climb quite ferociously if the right people it needs to succeed vote.

81 - 81 - 75 - 73 - 73 - 68 - 68 - 62 - 62 - 53

giphy.gif

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Gary, Ashley and Gaëlle's votes have continued to make this an interesting race. At one point it looked like the leader was going to start sprinting away with a nice lead but as you can see below, there are three songs hot on its heels once again. That 7 point lead is nothing considering the current leader has taken its fair share of 1s and 2s and those just behind have gotten a bunch of top points. Six songs still seem in contention for victory. Not impossible but I think it's too hard now for the one on 84 points which is a shame as I hoped it would be the dark horse. A moment of silence for the song on 59 points 🥀

105 - 98 - 97 - 94 - 91 - 90 - 84 - 77 - 75 - 59

Anyway, thank you so much again to everyone who has voted thus far. Even if not another player sent in their points I'd be thrilled at the turnout. You've got a couple of days left if you'd still like to take part in helping me pick my 100th entry. Your vote could and at this moment would be powerful.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
It's the last day if you'd like to vote. Six songs have made it past the 100 point mark which is just tremendous. Each has a shot here of going to Barcelona. The winner can still change with just one set of votes. Midnight is the deadline but it's loose if anyone would like a bit more time. Would be amazing to make it to twenty voters xfaint We're so close!

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
nervous-icegif.gif

136 - 134 - 133

Bless you all. We've reached twenty jurors after votes from our Ari, Calvin, James, Mike and Gera. Thank you all so much. You've really made this feel a special moment. As you can see it's ridiculous levels of close once again. With about 4 hours left to vote, this will be a super nerve-wracking wait to see if anyone else comes in to cause wondrous chaos. Nine of the ten songs are now over the 100 point mark and the wild thing is that two of the songs in the current top 3 were flopping in the bottom places for the first two thirds of the voting.

Top Bottom