RainyWoods

Croak-kay
giphy.gif

deen1_537640491.jpg

Playlist missing Mars Agro - Losing You and Eartha Kitt - I Love Men

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
At fourteen voters now. Thank you to the last batch of them: Vlad, Luka, Steph and Hiji xheart There's been some interesting opinions shared here. Some surprised me (mostly positively). Still a few hours left if you'd like to help me out. I'll be sending the winner in before I go to sleep tonight.

theditz83

Veteran
At fourteen voters now. Thank you to the last batch of them: Vlad, Luka, Steph and Hiji xheart There's been some interesting opinions shared here. Some surprised me (mostly positively). Still a few hours left if you'd like to help me out. I'll be sending the winner in before I go to sleep tonight.

Omg can you wait like 10 minutes Kai?? I was working today and been busy since... I'll be quick xlove

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Omg can you wait like 10 minutes Kai?? I was working today and been busy since... I'll be quick xlove

Sure Gary xheat Remember, if you're not crazy for anything, or don't like either of the songs, I won't be offended (also, it's going to be rather impossible to change the winner unless I get more than one last minute voter).

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
W I N N E R
54 Points / Favoured by 13 voters

R U N N E R - U P
34 Points / Favoured by 1 voter

Ok, so we've finished this NF with a nice number of fourteen voters and I received some interesting views. As you can see, it was an absolutely ridiculous landslide for the victor here with only one of you disagreeing with the outcome. You gave the winner an average of 3.9 stars out of 5. I honestly thought it would be much, much closer, but this is a nice sign that you've really helped me to pick what's going to give Eartheater her best shot. Thank you again for helping me out. I'm excited to show you which haunting beauty won. Stay tuned to find out whether we'll be seeing the phoenix rise or learning how to fight.

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
7InbnkU.png

⫸ E A R T H E A T E R ◬ F A I T H ◬ C O N S U M I N G ◬ H O P E ⫷

You helped us pick the magnificent Faith Consuming Hope to share with WorldVision this edition. It's a song by New York based experimental artist, Eartheater. This track closes her fourth studio album, 2020's the haunting, Phoenix: Flames Are Dew Upon My Skin. It's certainly an imposing piece of music that carries so well the story being told. Close your eyes and you're there as the mighty phoenix rises.

“The final track on the album is called ‘Faith Consuming Hope’ and I feel like that duality of faith and hope is interesting. Hope allows there to be space for doubt. Hope is giving into the fact that it might not work out, or it might not happen. But faith is the strength that is always there for you to access, even if you might not know how to get to it. Faith represents something bigger to me and beyond my lifetime. So when I sing, ‘I hope to die beyond hope’, it means that when I do die, I really hope I have that faith in me, and peace in my heart.” - Eartheater

There's actually two versions of this song on this album. The first one called Airborne Ashes opens the record. I've shared it below for you. It's a softer, perhaps even more haunting take on the piece, unlike the volcano eruption that is Faith Consuming Hope.

The only way out of this is through
Flames are but dew
Upon my skin with you

I've seen the phoenix rise
Out of our ashes
Born out
Born out of it
Born out
Born out of it

The only way out of this is through
Cross my heart and hope
To die is to elope, oh

I've seen the phoenix rise
Out of my ashes
Born out
Born out of it
Born out
Born out of it
Borne out
Borne out

Hope has a leak for doubt to seep in
Cross my heart with no doubt
That I rode it to the grave
Through the pressure
Through the pressure
Through the pressure and its phases
Up from the bedrock to the necklace
Faith has no doubt
Like the ashes of a phoenix

giphy.gif

N A T I O N A L ● F I N A L ● R E S U L T S

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
"So when I sing, ‘I hope to die beyond hope’, it means that when I do die, I really hope I have that faith in me, and peace in my heart"
Beautiful xcry I wish I had that kind of faith too.

Those NF results xheat Ashley with 1 and 2 😂 biggest fan

May the phoenix rise high this edition xheart

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
"So when I sing, ‘I hope to die beyond hope’, it means that when I do die, I really hope I have that faith in me, and peace in my heart"
Beautiful xcry I wish I had that kind of faith too.

Those NF results xheat Ashley with 1 and 2 😂 biggest fan

May the phoenix rise high this edition xheart

My conversation with Ashley basically went..

Ashley: I see you have an NF

Me: Yes, I indeed do. No pressure to vote though if you don't like anything here. I don't think you will.

Ashley: No, I'm going to vote.
*sends pm*

Me: Ok, great! I'll just have a look here *opens pm* ................... ... thank you.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
eartheater_new.jpg

16th in Semi 1 with 52 Points / 4th in REJU with 41 Points
Did Not Qualify

Feels a super hard kick in the teeth to send something so bold and beautiful that missed the final cause of a really bad draw, but there we go. Flop number 3 in a row. I shared this artist with you not expecting anything at all because of how peculiar and (I thought) difficult to get into her music would be, but the support was great. 4th in REJU is especially amazing. Thank you xheart I'm quite obsessed with this lady right now. Will you see Eartheater again? I actually don't know. After going through her discography, it was this song along with How To Fight that were the two pieces that stunned me and felt like must share things, which is why I held the NF basically.

I leave you with this (I warn you) brutal but awesomely done AMV for the song a fan has made using footage from the Berserk anime.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

QyTeBVc.jpg

🥖🍷👨🏻🥖🍷👨🏻🥖🍷👨🏻🥖🍷👨🏻🥖🍷👨🏻🥖🍷👨🏻🥖

We can tell you that here at the United States we're all set for the next contest, hoping to be back on track after three consecutive flops. For WorldVision 136 we have enlisted the help of a foreign composer. From which country he hails shall remain a mystery for the time being, oui, but I shall inform you now that he's my favourite artist involved in a particular, rather synthy and wavey genre of music. It's been my impossible dream to share his music with you for some time, so you can imagine how I felt after discovering his latest single features an American vocalist. This song is dark, moody and imposing, with a certain je ne sais quoi. This latest song actually marks a change of style for my artist, and I'm hopeful it might interest some of you. Stay tuned.

19583-200.png

giphy.gif

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
u3C3ljD.png

The mysterious French synthwave artist known as Carpenter Brut makes his WorldVision debut with the help of Wovenhand's lead singer, David Eugene Edwards. The pair join forces on the imposing Fab Tool, a track marking a change of direction for Carpenter Brut, with the song's ritualistic pounding drums, echoing from a post apocalyptic landscape that's a stark contrast to the thick cyberpunk neon haze of Brut's more usual work.

I got super excited when I found out that Carpenter Brut had released this. He's my favourite electronic composer and I've wanted to share him here for ages, but obviously had no way to do it without moving. David Eugene Edwards to the rescue! This is certainly different from what Brut usually does but once those huge synths come in it could only be his work. I really hope you enjoy it!

giphy.gif

Yah tah hey, Yah tah hey, ya
Mikopashpe
Yah tah hey, Yah tah hey

Fab tool, fab tool
Runnin
Gunnin Forward in the phantom shatter so grand
Splatter grand, arcanum fuel
Wrought iron out of the sky
Over me, tells no lie
Hand over fist
The great drops drip
Drip as diamonds on the wrist
Best take the counsel of nine
To this Glock this spiel
See, it took a shine
Took your fancy
Took your fancy
Your fancy f**kin time
Fab tool, fab tool
I gone dumb on a dime
Dumb on a dime
Silver Saint Laurent
I get gaunt, I get gone, I go blind
Panting and pacing the cage
Oh ancient of days
Hand over fist
Blood as diamonds drip
From your wrist
Royal diadem
The heavens are filled with lead
Ouh!

You are the jewel
The jewel upon my head
Call it, Call it, Call it
Call it Texas Instrumental
Roll the clip
Hidatsa stretch out in the slab, take a sip
Split the lip, yeah Gun it
Crack the seal, shun it
I flip the whip
I took the wheel
What’s in the big ditch?
Holy Roman, giv’em hell
That a bait and switch
One Adam, Two Adam, Three Adam 12
Forward in the phantom
Flathead to Kalispell
Archiver
Royal arch
Amenemhet
Take the city by dark
Horus jet serekh
Ahah, ahah
Ahah, ahah
A show of hands
Royal diadem reflect
Horus jet serekh
Ahah, ahah
You are the jewel upon my head
Fab tool
Royal diadem

giphy.gif

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
YaJJarn.jpg

17th in Semi 2 With 53 Points / 7th in REJU with 40 Points
Did Not Qualify

Carpenter Brut got combined the same identical amount of points that Eartheater managed last edition 🥴 These draws I'm consistently getting need some kind of holy intervention (Father John Misty's miss still gives me PTSD). Then the new LL site glitching out during my song this time. All in all had a lot less fun finally sending my favourite electronic composer than I'd hoped but I'm grateful for the support. That's probably the first and last time you'll get to hear him from me sadly as he's of course French.

I'm kind of fatigued right now from games (I still don't understand how some of you play fifteen or so) but I'll be there next edition. On the 17th of this month someone I love and who you just might remember is releasing his comeback single, so if that goes well it could be my next entry. If not then I'll carry on with trying to share bolder, riskier things (that's a half truth as I'm tempted to do a sort of country, Americana part 2 NF-ish thingy soon).

giphy.gif

Flop era me ⬆​

Fierro

That might sound stupid, but try to change your avatar. And better to the older one that you had years ago. I've done this couple of months ago and my life on contests has changed.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
That might sound stupid, but try to change your avatar. And better to the older one that you had years ago. I've done this couple of months ago and my life on contests has changed.

Do people dislike Gabrielius Vagelis that much? 🥺 I think that years ago I'd change my avatar quite frequently. Only recently did I stick with one for a couple of years, my Serhat avatar. Your one's kind of iconic. I love his glasses. Even though I've seen a picture of you before and others here too, I still sometimes in my head see people as their avatars for some reason.

And nah, it's ok. I was long overdue a period like this, and last year was one of the best ones results wise I've had at the contest. I'm near enough the last person that can complain.

Next edition will be my 85th entry I believe, and I'm now thinking of doing my second Icons NF featuring some of my favourite artists I've previously shared. I think it could raise my spirits a bit and get me hyped again. Maybe I could do five or six returning singers
daydreaming.gif

ShoeFlo

It probably doesn't help but let me tell you I am a fellow sufferer atm... Just like you I've failed to make the final for three consecutive editions (or is it four for you? well I will possibly get there too) and just like you I've been one of the "privileged" (or lets say "lucky") users who are used to qualify for the final on a quite regular basis. For many many years. And just like you I try to get people behind my more experimental songs and it turns out as a big challenge but the preferences of music in WV have always slightly changed through the years and maybe we will get to the point that enough users will appreciate post-apocalyptic synthwave with ethno drums or my kind of stuff. And yes, it is actually annoying to fail barely due to few points missing or to a bad draw but I still prefer this over ending up in the bottom 5 which feels like an insult and a humiliation.

Btw, it is certainly not a coincidence I put you in a battle against Albania in the SF2 show. I thought it'd be nice to connect your failure to the success of a song you really like (not gonna reveal any details of your voting). I hope it felt like a consolation.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
giphy.gif

Some super uncharacteristically late promo here. United States is sharing with you the Americana artist known as Charley Crocket this edition of WorldVision. The devilishly dapper Texan has put out eight studio albums since 2015. The vigorous Run Horse Run is taken from Charley's 2020 release, Welcome to Hard Times.

Charley Crockett in his own words chooses to rebel by putting tradition upfront. They don't play his kind of country on the radio anymore but that ain't going to stop him from making it. This troubadour may only be 36 but he's lived a colourful life of ups and downs, and he lays it all bare in his songs. I hope you enjoy him.

tenor.gif

Top Bottom