daydreaming.gif

:7: ::swen:lv::es::sobr::no:
:6: :ua::ba::il:
:5: :za:
:4: :pl::sc:
:3: :hr:
:2: :is:
:1: :uk::wale::am::neus:

Well, he's the cheesiest ball I have in my arsenal but I love Andrew dearly, and it seems like a few of you enjoyed him too xheart Thank you so much for all the support you gave him. I feel like I've passed some special test getting 12 points from Anna for this xheat This isn't my usual kind of rock so to pick up the Svealand biggie feels like a huge seal of approval. It's certainly fun sharing music like this, and I should try to do it more often. We'll see what happens with the new Andrew stuff that hopefully will still be releasing sometime this year. There could be a smaller gap this time between his next appearance at WorldVision, who knows?

Day 8

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Ok, so a spontaneous choice literally happened this edition. I had no idea that the deadline was today. I saw Fotiana had posted in the Send Your Entry topic and I was thinking "oh damn, I hope I haven't missed her NF" and then I saw the deadline...... 1 hour left. I thought it was the 30th. Ooops.

I've gone for something I've wanted to share with you since I started playing but the artist was born in Washington D.C. and I never quite managed to get there whilst I was state hopping. Always thought of doing it as one of my traditional December cry jams. The song is a cover actually of a song originally performed by a British artist. In my real life (yes, I might just have one) country, the artist I'm sharing received bittersweet posthumous recognition, and the album this was from became a favourite. Her story is moving but very sad. I'll tell it to you once I can reveal my song. I can't think of another rendition of something that aches me as much as this does. I rarely listen to it as a result but it is just so beautiful and special. Time to let it use its wings here. I hope it reaches a few of you in the same way it does me.

And sorry again for not voting in your NFs. You may slap my wrist, gently. Forgive my slow and forgetful soul.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Ok, so a spontaneous choice literally happened this edition. I had no idea that the deadline was today. I saw Fotiana had posted in the Send Your Entry topic and I was thinking "oh damn, I hope I haven't missed her NF" and then I saw the deadline...... 1 hour left. I thought it was the 30th. Ooops.

Gosh I thought you'd miss the deadline :"D I went through all the PMs again thinking I didn't see your PM lol. xpunish
Very emoshen entry, we stan. Good luck this edition xheart

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Gosh I thought you'd miss the deadline :"D I went through all the PMs again thinking I didn't see your PM lol. xpunish
Very emoshen entry, we stan. Good luck this edition xheart

I was shaking. Recovering from a crazy all nighter plug.dj party as well. Woke up an hour ago like xcoffee:oops::eek:

Thank youxheat I can't believe how emosh I've gone. I blame Kris. I was going to go the dirty rock route inspired by your last entry but being in Italy got me all with the feels and this urge to be just a smidge classy.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
0h0DBWe.png

Eva Cassidy was an American singer and guitarist originally from Washington, D.C. who received great posthumous recognition for her powerful recordings, specifically across parts of Europe. I remember clearly my Mother purchasing her album songbird and hearing Eva's version of Fields of Gold. Believe it or not, this pristine recording was done live at the Blues Alley club in 1996, just a few months before she died from melanoma cancer. She was only thirty three.

A couple of years after Eva's passing, her music begun to be played on our radio stations here in the United Kingdom. Her Songbird record even becoming a number 1 hit. It's bittersweet when you think about it all. Hardly anyone got to hear her music when she was here. She was a hardworking gigging musician juggling jobs. It's beautiful to think what you can leave behind for others, and I hope Eva realised just how special the gift she'd be leaving us was.

You'll remember me when the west wind moves
Among the fields of barley
You can tell the sun in his jealous sky
When we walked in fields of gold

So she took her love for to gaze awhile
In his arms she fell as her hair came down
Among the fields of gold

Will you stay with me? Will you be my love
Among the fields of barley?
And you can tell the sun in his jealous sky

I never made promises lightly
And there have been some that I've broken
But I swear in the days still left
We'll walk in fields of gold

I never made promises lightly
And there have been some that I've broken
But I swear in the days still left

Ooh
Many years have passed since those summer days
See the children run as the sun goes down
As you lie in fields of gold

You'll remember me when the west wind moves
You can tell the sun in his jealous sky

When we walked in fields of gold, ooh

NecessaryScornfulDachshund-small.gif

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
fb514d98-5cb2-4e28-9590-4f618c509bca.jpg

1st in Semi Final 1 with 112 Points / 5th in REJU with 36 Points
1st
in the Grand Final with
193 Points

That was quite something. Thank you again xheart I was really shook by the victory, shook a minute later by the unfortunate revelation and then shook again by how kind and understanding people were with regards to what had happened to me.

I wanted to introduce you to Eva's music for ages. I felt satisfied from the moment her version of Fields of Gold had ended playing at the LL, knowing some people were pleased to have heard it. The win was the fattest cherry on the already succulent cake you had made me.

:12: :pl: :it:
:10: :neus: :fi: :no: :jp: :rs: :tr: NR WESTPHALIA
:8: :hu: :ch: :is: :pe:
:7: :en: :pome:
:6: :il:
:5: :se: :lv:
:4: ::swen :be: :fr: :svea: ::queb :sc:
:3: :al: :au: :uk:
:2: :lond:
:1:
Acnlvillager148.png

Now I've got to decide my PQ entry. I've narrowed it down to a small, manageable short list..

Ariel Pink ○ King Tuff ○ Nico ○ Part Time ○ Rob Zombie ○ Dessa ○ Doomtree ○ Gavlyn ○ Todd Rundgren ○ Amerie ○ Mikal Cronin ○ Aaron Lee Tasjan ○ Kurt Vile ○ Nobunny ○ Judee Sill ○ Julee Cruise ○ John Cale ○ The Lemon Twigs ○ Homeboy Sandman ○ Shannon and the Clams ○ Linda Perhacs ○ Billie Holiday ○ The Velvet Underground ○ Sadistik ○ Marianne Faithfull (with the help of a familiar featured artist)

giphy.gif

Q&A

Q: Why isn't Jan Terri under consideration? I shoot you, with love from Brazilian popstar.
A: A PQ is a chance to send one of your most treasured artists who might need that little bit of an extra push to reach the final. Whilst Jan Terri is treasured, USA has no plans to go for a double win. Furthermore, South Korea aren't hosting.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
QPnDFdV.png

For this edition of WorldVision held in glorious Bowie, United States are excited to share with you the psychedelic wizard, King Tuff. Originally from Vermont and today based in Brattleboro, LA, Tuff has been casting trippy garage rock spells on the people of planet earth since 2006. Besides his solo stuff, he's part of a band called Witch, and also plays side by side the LEGEND Mikal Cronin in Ty Segall's backing band, The Muggers.

King Tuff in 2018 released, The Other: a lustrous beauty of a record filled with sun soaked psychedelia containing a happiness that manages to burst right through all the tough stuff Tuff writes about. Before you get to all that though, the album boldly opens with the six minute title track. The Other starts at rockbottom and reflects how King Tuff was feeling at the time. It's a raw, open woundlike beginning but give him a couple of minutes to get the bad stuff off of his chest and you'll realise the song is gradually blossoming into something so hopeful and positive. It's about finding your other. That distant ringing bell, that light at the end of the tunnel essentially that keeps you going. All the beautiful things that await us are coming. You may be lost for now but you won't be forever. By the third verse Tuff finds his the other, and it's one of the most touching musical moments I can think of. It creates such a lucid picture. The moon looks wicked good as Tuff pulls up off the highway, throws his keys into the breeze and gets lost in the woods, before finding the lake of fire, where he takes a swim in the pool of unknown colours, for the first time getting visions of the other. The song is so tender and sincere, quite unlike anything King Tuff had written before up to this point.

I really do adore this man. King Tuff is the kind of guy that can't wear a jacket without first embellishing it with about fifty pin badges. Despite being literally spoiled for choice, it was the easiest decision to make in the end to share him and this song with you. I've wanted you to hear this since the first time I experienced it. I'm super wild for the song and record. Back in 2018 I even risked crazy customs charges and preordered a limited edition marble coloured vinyl of The Other from America. It came with a t-shirt that doesn't leave my body, featuring the (in my world) iconic album art. I hope you get lost in the beautiful dreamy, hopeful splendour of The Other too.

Stuck in traffic on my way
To no particular place
No agenda, no master plan
No important dates

No reason to be alive at all
As far as I can tell
Except for one small detail
Like a distant ringing bell

And it keeps on calling out to me
Like a lost forgotten lover
So I blast off down the shoulder
To go looking for the other

Driving up the coast
Past the surfers and the seals
All them lonely rich folks
Who only know how to steal

Science can cure sickness
But what can cure my soul
It won't be long before I'm gone
Laying in some hole

So I find an ancient payphone
To tell my mother I love her
But she ain't home
She must have gone out looking for the other

Pull up off the highway
The moon is looking wicked good
I throw my keys into the breeze
And get lost in the woods

I think about my old man
And the mystery of time
When suddenly between the trees
I see the lake of fire

So I jump right in
And take a swim
In this pool of unknown colours
And as I swim I begin to brim with visions of the other

Found my car a few days later
After I came to
Her name was Blue Subaru 1982

I punched the clutch
And kick the gas
And take off in a burst
Well it wasn't long before the gas was gone
And we were overcome from thirst

So we found a dusty truckstop
Above the vultures hovered
And I thought it was the end
But then I thought again
And that was when I took the hand of the other

SEftysy.png

uploads%2F1519829942711-RaindropBlue_GIF-6.gif

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
KT_Web-8e69f9a9ab.jpg

13th in the Grand Final with 111 Points
Prequalified Entry

Such a fab result. I really had prepared myself for a not particularly great result, fearing that most people wouldn't have space in their top 10s of this strong final for a song like Tuff's, but 111 points is nothing to scoff at. I only send songs to WorldVision I love like crazy but The Other is above that level. It's super dear to me and sits snuggly next to songs I've sent like Elliott Smith's Between The Bars and my Mikal Cronin spammage. Thank you for supporting it xheart

:12:

:10: :nrwe::cy:::queb
:8: :susa::ie:
:7: :ir::il::jp::is:
:6: ::swen
:5: :sc::au::en::svea:
:4:

:3: :lv::ch::sobr:
:2: :no:
:1:

I haven't decided yet what I'll be doing for Gera's edition but before the end of the year there's a few things I'd like to try and see if I can keep to:

- Send the other winner of my previous NF that ended in a tie (yes, I haven't forgotten about this).
- A song especially for Halloween. This could come with the NF I threatened you all with last year before ditching it for an internal Kim Petras flop.
- Send Marianne Faithfull again (limited song options as she'll need a featured artist).
- An NF featuring my most eccentric gentlemen. Think Ariel Pink, Kurt Vile, Part Time, King Tuff..
- Something special to mark my 75th entry.
- Jan Terri when South Korea wins WorldVision.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member

theCONWEL

WorldVision & OM Mod
Staff member
Omg please tell me it is what I think it is xfaint

Eulaliya

Marianne Faithfull? Actually she's in my line-up for :lond: if she would be sent alone xheat

Top Bottom