I feel him like fire, the lion I admire
Lieutenant Desire

His stance is wide
This dance is mine
He rocks in time
You too, are mine
Move up, let go, let your heart show

Nowhere to hide, the conqueror decides, but
Don’t panic, I won’t panic, don’t panic..

Oh, Napoleon can I touch your hair
Oh, Napoleon I cannot help but stare
Oh, Napoleon I’d really love to try
Oh, Napoleon to look you in the eye, you’re just my type of guy

He sees you, you chose him
He chose you, now you’re frozen
Set fire by his motion

No longer divided, conqueror decided
This time you know, he won’t let you go...

Oh, Napoleon galloping chords
Oh, Napoleon cut like a sword
Oh, Napoleon battalion of mind
Oh, Napoleon moves in time
Oh, Napoleon now you can see
Oh, Napoleon why it would be
Oh, Napoleon the armies ride
Oh, Napoleon to his stride, in perfect time

JhP6zXO.png

This bouncy treat is by Los Angeles based dark synth-pop artist Riki (Niff Nawor). Riki was formally a member of the band Crimson Scarlet, and next year she's getting ready to release her self titled debut solo album which will explore "courage, physicality, and romance across eight timeless synth pop anthems". Give it to me now.

Named after everyone's favourite French statesman, Napoleon takes us on a lively yet sultry journey, hypnotising you with each and every lasso swing. It's a sound that's instantaneously nostalgic but also feels fresh. The fact there are still artists out there like Riki exploring the possibilities of music like this just makes me so excited.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: United States ☂️ WV117 ☔ Riki - Napoleon

RIKIBanner.jpg

8th in the Grand Final with 122 Points
9th in Semi 1 with 65 Points / 12th in REJU with 32 Points

Some super fab support for this super fab song. I'm really delighted that so many of you enjoyed it. Almost half of you had something to give Napoleon. Thank youxheart I'm super hyped for Riki's album that releases on Valentine's Day. If the other songs are anywhere near as hot as Napoleon, oh boy oooweee. Call me the winebulance.

:12: :susa:::sy
:10: xwhistle
:8: :kr::sobr::pe:
:7: :pl::cali::fi::it:
:6: :au::nwen::cy:
:5: :sc:
:4: :tr::wale:
:3: :no::lv::svea:
:2: :neus::ua:
:1: ::berl Central Russia

For this next edition I'll very likely be sharing the side of my taste Deniz once charmingly described as being toxic masculine. I feel slightly awkward about it now though that Laura has won, as obviously that's a clear sign it's a time for us all to get out our nice looking ladies with long legs and hot pops, but I'm too pumped and in the mood for an entry like what I've been leaning towards. The song I initially had planned was one of my favs from 2019, and it's very classic me when in flop mode. Then I discovered an artist with a song that shares the same umbrella genre, but gee wiz, this is extreme. We're talking LL mass walkout extreme. Some people are going to absolutely LOATHE it. I'm salivating a bit right now even thinking about competing with this monster. Probably the riskiest, most difficult thing I will have sent up to this point but it's going to be crazy fun and entertaining to see the reaction. I feel like I need to do it.

Also, it's repping a genre that someone recently described as being underrepresented at our game, so I'll be doing my bit here to give us some more [insert name of umbrella genre here].

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member

Napoleon was the biggest grower for me. I might have even given it 10 points if I were to vote today - and it would be an easy 12 in any round without Middle Eastern legend Omar Souleyman. Definitely stealing this song to send in other contest and absolutely checking out her album. xheat

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Napoleon was the biggest grower for me. I might have even given it 10 points if I were to vote today - and it would be an easy 12 in any round without Middle Eastern legend Omar Souleyman. Definitely stealing this song to send in other contest and absolutely checking out her album. xheat

You go make it slay ComeToBrazilVision©, the competition where players have to send the singers and bands Brazil would most like to experience. If this game does not exist I have just copyrighted the name and idea.

Thank you though for the 8xheart I can't believe we 8 exchangedxheat How iconic. I could have given your song 12 too on certain other editions. Your best entry so far. Has been twirling around my head since I first heard it. I had a strong feeling Deja Vooo would be your breakthrough WV hit. I just can't believe your first top 10 is a 7th placing when I've been trying to get that position to complete my top 10 collection for over four years now.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member

You go make it slay ComeToBrazilVision©, the competition where players have to send the singers and bands Brazil would most like to experience. If this game does not exist I have just copyrighted the name and idea.

Thank you though for the 8xheart I can't believe we 8 exchangedxheat How iconic. I could have given your song 12 too on certain other editions. Your best entry so far. Has been twirling around my head since I first heard it. I had a strong feeling Deja Vooo would be your breakthrough WV hit. I just can't believe your first top 10 is a 7th placing when I've been trying to get that position to complete my top 10 collection for over four years now.
It doesn't exist but it now exists in my head. Thank you for your great contribution. xheat

Not only an 8 exchange, but a it-could-have-been-my-12-in-another-edition exchange! Not everyone has that. And hey, at least you know the secret formula now! Just send an overdramatic rock ballad sung by a girlgroup with some dancing and a medieval themed video. You got this!

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
W O R L D V I S I O N 1 1 8

HeIsLegend-promo1.jpg

Look at these lovely looking gentlemen. A picture tells a thousand words and so you'll be sure these boys croon the most warm and fuzzy serenades the mind can imagine. You'll be pleased to know that they'll be blessing this upcoming edition of WorldVision that's to be held in Beverly Hills, representing the land known as America with a song I'm hopeful you'll think fondly of in your welcoming hearts.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I shouldn't have sent my entry in so early as now I'm having some second thoughts, if only because I feel like I'm missing some kind of trick not sending the only reggaeton entry I have at my disposal to a Laura & Ashley edition. I wanna feel sexy too. But then I imagine a lot of people will feel inspired to go super hot next edition, so perhaps actually saving it for another time is the best idea... *twiddles thumbs and looks at clock*

Oh well, it's my backup entry anyway in case it's found out that my song has sampled Umbrella or something.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I9Dlhas.png

72WBffK.png

This handsome group of gentlemen are He Is Legend, an alternative hard rock/metal group from Wilmington, North Carolina. Lead by the seemingly forever tomato red Schuylar Croom, the band have been active since 2003, releasing to this day six albums, the most recent of which being 2019's White Bat. And it's the title track itself from the record that I'm sharing with my fellow WorldVisioners this month. Fasten your seatbelts, lock away your children and perhaps make sure you have some aspirin handy for just in case your face falls off.

giphy.gif

I'm the reason this got started
Devil’s work dearly departed
You'll never catch me in the light
I'm why you lock your doors at night
Call me evil, call me Satan
I’m in the shadows salivating
Just close your eyes and count to ten
Play nice, you'll never see me again

One last time
Would you open the door
Step into the light
And show us your face?
One last time
Would you open the door
Step into the light?

You'll be silent forever
Always clutching your heart
You'll be silent forever
I'll be gone, gone in the dark

Everyone knows the situation
You never go to a second location
Somebody should have warned you
Now through clenched teeth and sullied pride
I'll ask you nicely, get inside
Don't make a sound, don't see my face
Hell is only a mile away

One last time
Would you open the door
Step into the light
And show us your face?
One last time
Would you open the door
Step into the light?

You’ll be silent forever
Always clutching your heart
You’ll be silent forever
I'll be gone, gone in the dark

And when my work is done
And they give me a name
I’ll step in the light and show my face

They call me white bat
I kinda like that
They call me white bat
Next time I breathe
They call me (White bat)
I am the white bat
Never forget that
I am the white bat
Never forget

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

"They call me white bat and I kinda like that x"
🦇

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Really don't know why were you so worried about the reactions :unsure: Bold choice either way. Good luck! ❤

I think I was more worried about Steph stopping my monthly supply of maple syrup and Deniz declaring war against the toxic masculine side of my taste. And both those things happened, so now I am emotionally and financially ruined.

I'm glad you enjoyed it though. I have plenty more very loud songs like this, but this particular breed of.. whatever you wanna call it is more new for me. I'm usually into my garage rocks and grungy punk stuff but then heard this and hailed Satin.

91lh2oI5BhL._AC_SX355_.jpg

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I'm usually into my garage rocks and grungy punk stuff but then heard this and hailed Satin.

Don't you hate when that happens. You mind your own business, listen to a hot beat and next thing you know, you end up in the fifth circle of hell. Smh. I'm a Satan Satin connoisseur myself. I sent this to WV in the ancient times and safe to say the reaction was...something. :ROFLMAO:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Don't you hate when that happens. You mind your own business, listen to a hot beat and next thing you know, you end up in the fifth circle of hell. Smh. I'm a Satan Satin connoisseur myself. I sent this to WV in the ancient times and safe to say the reaction was...something. :ROFLMAO:

giphy.gif

Devil be gone. What a dazzling entry. I can just imagine the LL reaction. Surely it was a hit? I can see the right side pots appreciating the epic melody.

I never used to listen to music like this but now I think it can be fun (my horror movie obsession surely plays a role too). I've got one thing though that I haven't found the balls required to share just yet. It's so dark, abrasive and evil.. but one day. The song I've sent this edition is baby steps towards that. White Bat still somehow sounds like something I'd send when in bold bish mode.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Devil be gone. What a dazzling entry. I can just imagine the LL reaction. Surely it was a hit? I can imagine right side pots appreciating the epic melody.

They did and someone even gave me a 12. xheat I think it was FrachellyJelly. It was a life changing moment for sure! I knew this song for some years and never really thought how creepy the music video actually is haha. Now I see it even has a lesbon icon, oh my.

I never used to listen to music like this but now I think it can be fun (my horror movie obsession surely plays a role too). I've got one thing though that I haven't found the balls required to share just yet. It's so dark, abrasive and evil.. but one day. The song I've sent this edition is baby steps towards that. White Bat still somehow sounds like something I'd send when in bold bish mode.

Haa I know what you mean. There is something attractive and mysterious in this kind of darkness, but for me it doesn't always work, I have to be in this weird mood for it. Dark, abrasive and evil. Omg, bring it on!! We stan bold bish mode until then. xamandalearsmile

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Haa I know what you mean. There is something attractive and mysterious in this kind of darkness, but for me it doesn't always work, I have to be in this weird mood for it. Dark, abrasive and evil. Omg, bring it on!! We stan bold bish mode until then. xamandalearsmile

Yeah, I need to be in the right mood as well. I'm always up for my unwashed looking gnarly garage rockers and their loud and trippy surfy power pops (originally one was going to be my entrant for this edition), but I need to be feeling dark for the other stuff.

A lot of metal by default I find (I will be shot for this surely) kinda campy and hammy, and that can be as alluring as it can also be a barrier. I like trying it all out though. The artist I plan to share with you soon does death industrial supposedly.

Also, off-topic to what we were just talking about but RIP my greenroom main post. Seems I'm only allowed 50 pictures now, and I've got 66 lil' entry banners. It won't let me edit the main post or topic title until I delete them *sheds tear*. I guess I've finally got the excuse I needed to redesign my greenroom, if it's even worth it at all. I want to see first if we're eventually going to be able to pin posts to the top of each page again. Also, bless all these non WorldVisioners it says are following my topic xheart

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I was expecting my flop this edition and I'm glad I shared this one with you all. Especially happy that Gera enjoyed it. Rock is so tricky to share here. I mean, it's absolutely not impossible of course. It can win even, but it seems you've gotta be kind of specific. My indie rockers have generally done me good (excluding poor old Kurt and Elliott Smith), and then there's Mikal Cronin's baroque infused garage rocks. I struggle though with the more grungy, dirty sounding stuff, but eh, I'll keep trying. I was a little hopeful with He Is Legend as the draw felt positive and seeing as Rob Zombie got me a semi 13th, I was just a smidgen hopeful that these guys perhaps had the power in them to do one better, but wasn't to be.

Anyway, I've been preparing for this flop in advance by putting together an NF. My first in fact in over a year. I'm in the final stages now (made some smexy banners today). It will probably be up within the next couple of days or so. There's a pair of returning artists here as well (who could they be?). You can expect:

1. Anthemic pop rock (no I have not been kidnapped) This one is way out of my comfort zone but it's addictive, and when you see this man, his stunning combover and exciting fashion, you'll realise why I enjoy everything so much.

2. Quaint Indie Folk Ballad A soft and restful song that's got a real understated beauty about it, with a wise and warm vocal presence. Lots of fabrics and wind machines here.

3. Bouncy electronic pop Adorable and high energy. She's the new princess of pop. Get ready for a hot dance routine!

4. Hat sporting man with shoulder length hair cry jam (super Rainy special) Yes, it's the classic.

5. Vibey Reggaeton Extremely sensual stuff. This is one of my favourite songs of the moment.

And perhaps a wildcard if something else suddenly grabs a hold of me. Stay tuned!

Top Bottom