Croak-kay
giphy.gif

deen1_537640491.jpg

Playlist missing Mars Agro - Losing You and Eartha Kitt - I Love Men

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
i love you but i hope you flop

Thank you. I hope you win as I would like to send Jan Terri to South Korea one day soon.

You actually did well to join us here at WorldVision a little while after the worst of my melancholy days had passed. Every other edition I used to punish the world with my sad feels. I kind of miss those days. Whenever I occasionally go back I tend to do very well. I think I'm kind of bless when in sad sack mode at least.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Thank you. I hope you win as I would like to send Jan Terri to South Korea one day soon.

You actually did well to join us here at WorldVision a little while after the worst of my melancholy days had passed. Every other edition I used to punish the world with my sad feels. I kind of miss those days. Whenever I occasionally go back I tend to do very well. I think I'm kind of bless when in sad sack mode at least.
Can't relate. I've been on sad mode these days and none of my tracks so far is sad. the closest to that is the one for 122 but still. but well my best placement here was with my saddest song so far, this might be a sign.

sending this and jan terri is gonna be ready to slay

why were you melancholic back then

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Can't relate. I've been on sad mode these days and none of my tracks so far is sad. the closest to that is the one for 122 but still. but well my best placement here was with my saddest song so far, this might be a sign.

sending this and jan terri is gonna be ready to slay

why were you melancholic back then

Because it's a really big part of my taste and I guess when I first joined the contest I was of this frame of mind that I had to show people this side of me that they probably didn't know too well existed, and I felt the need to ditch the insane San Marino fan label, if just for a moment each month. I never enjoyed sending these kinds of entries though. I didn't like the experience of having people judging and ranking them. It felt somehow too personal to let go of songs that had been healers or band-aids when I had been at some of my lowest points. It's just a game but it always made me stupidly nervous. I'm glad I did send them though cause I know they managed to reach a lot of people in similar ways they reached me. It was worth it. And thinning them out these days I think makes them more special when they do come.

Yes, please go for that hour long play me a song that makes me cry kpop playlist. There's only so long Jan Terri can wait before she moves country and I can't send her anymore.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Bring us that saucy reflection, Rainy. It'll be a long one if its your top 10s. I should make ond also, so we can ses whos video is longer. 😄

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Bring us that saucy reflection, Rainy. It'll be a long one if its your top 10s. I should make ond also, so we can ses whos video is longer. 😄

I think I just might, shall, probably will do. I actually started grabbing videos last night and did all top 10s outside of medal finishes and the video already goes way over 4 minutes with the recaps being even only 15 seconds each. I need to turn this into a feature length. I wanna see an AshleyWright top 10 saucy reflection video too..... whilst we're still incredibly close results wise xexcuseme xamandalearsmile

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I think I just might, shall, probably will do. I actually started grabbing videos last night and did all top 10s outside of medal finishes and the video already goes way over 4 minutes with the recaps being even only 15 seconds each. I need to turn this into a feature length. I wanna see an AshleyWright top 10 saucy reflection video too..... whilst we're still incredibly close results wise xexcuseme xamandalearsmile

Well I just counted (give or take) 35 top 10s for me so I think you shall remain alone in the saucy recap sector as I don't think i have the patience to fight youtube blockers downloading 35 songs for a hot lil recap. I can't wait to watch your 3 part hour long mini series you'll have featuring all your top 10s and a lengthy interview with artist after the snippet.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
da160fae48bd7b6356cf63c8c3bf0d86.jpg

Yes, the man you see above is coming to WorldVision, and he's bringing along a lady friend with him too for some good ol' times. This one is very much the return of my I guess you could say specialty song. That raw, timeless kind of songwriting I adore so much with guitar, piano and even the twang of pedal steel guitar. I've known of this guy for ages and own a few of his earlier albums on cd but I hadn't been keeping up to date with his stuff of late. This one is from 2016. He released a new song just yesterday actually as well. I'm looking forward to showing you the one I've picked for this edition in Siljan.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
you really went for artist with guitar huh IOTAP

If it's of any comfort to your body, soul and sanity, you actually do not see a single guitar during the music video. Instead we witness a lady loading an old armchair onto a truck, before driving to a desert to set it on fire (possibly she's you venting over my direction for this edition of WorldVision). The singer also looks like an older me with a somehow kinder hairline. So there's that joy too xheart Oh, and it's also not a wallower ballad at least.

ssiiiiissss,

we were all rooting for you when i read u were gonna send hip smh.

My apologies. I wanted to do hip but then my mood suddenly switched with my heart really aching for something warm and touching. It's a raw and charming ballad. I don't think you'll passionately hate it at the very least. Ana meanwhile though....... I'm naturally nervous *raises steel umbrella shield*

I'll do hip soon. Part of why I didn't do it this time is because I'm indecisive. I couldn't decide who or what would make for the best hip choice. I still would like to do a hip NF, and you'll now likely get it sooner than my Americana NF I also had planned (as I'm doing Americana this edition you see x), so a silver lining to every cloud xqueenbitch

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
DdxZsJ5.png

It ain't about your bitching or your devil's tongue
I just wish that I was still the one
Every single thought inside my head
Telling me that this old heart is dead
But I ain't got no brains in my heart

But I got you
In my veins, in my blood
I got you
Make me insane and boil my blood
Like there ain't no other love
Hearts aren't always red
They're black and blue
But I got you

It ain't about the dishes or your piles of junk
I'm just sick of you being drunk
Every solitary bone inside of me
Telling me that it's my time to leave
But I ain't got no bones in my heart

I got you
In my veins, in my blood
I got you
Straight to my heart like a flood
Hearts aren't always red
They're black and blue

I got you
I got you

You can't touch the way I feel
There is no end to what I'd steal for you
With love we have no free will
We only get one heart to fill before it's through

So, I got you
In my veins, in my blood
I got you
Straight to my heart like a flood
Hearts aren't always red
They're black and blue
I got you

latest

The White Buffalo charges his way to WorldVision. The Oregon born, California based singer, Jake Smith has been releasing music under his hairy moniker since 2002's Hogtied Like a Rodeo. Thus far he has released six studio albums and three EPs, with a new record, On The Widow's Walk releasing April 17.

The song I'm sharing with you here is taken from The White Buffalo's 2015 release, Love & The Death of Damnation. I Got You is a tender duet with Oklahoma City girl (and great-great-niece of Judy Garland!), Audra Mae. It's got it all: piano, steel pedal guitar, boozy arguments, couch vandalism, and a big ol' bridge section.

I hope you enjoy this one. The White Buffalo was a fave of mine from my Americana seeking days. I love his rich, deep, booming baritone. I'm having a good time delving back into his music again 🌵☀️

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
White-Buffalo.jpg

11th in the Grand Final with 108 Points
1st
in Semi 2 with 99 Points / 10th in REJU with
18 Points

:12: :fi: :sobr:
:10: :cn: :jp:
:8: xexcuseme
:7: :au: :cy:
:6: :nz: :svea:
:5: :lv: :al: :za: :west:
:4: :pome:
:3: :pe: :am: Quebec
:2: :no:
:1: ::mlpl :nl: :nwen:

Thank you for giving The White Buffalo such a lovely result. It felt good to send more of a comfortable me sounding song again after a while of going a bit off the beaten track.

I haven't confirmed it yet but I'm unsure if I'll be taking part next edition. I might take a break for some editions. I'll remain open though in case anything suddenly clicks inside that makes me want to join in. The timing right now isn't too good though in all honesty, but I will see.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
You'll definitely be missed if you were to take a break Kai but I know life gets crazy sometimes :(

Aw, Gary xheart I think it's more of a mood thing if anything at this point, as stuff I had planned for this spring I've had to cancel because of this dang virus, and I've now essentially got to shut myself in for some time cause a couple of health problems I have could put me at risk. I've got two family members as well who are in even bigger danger (one I live with), so I've got to be extra careful.

I've got nothing else really to do at this moment so I should consider joining in. I've got the time for sure. It's just my mood is so bad. I'm exhausted from everything.

Last edited:

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Aw, Gary xheart I think it's more of a mood thing if anything at this point, as stuff I had planned for this spring I've had to cancel because of this dang virus, and I've now essentially got to shut myself in for some time cause a couple of health problems I have could put me at risk. I've got two family members as well who are in even bigger danger (one I live with), so I've got to be extra careful.

I've got nothing else really to do at this moment so I should consider joining in. I've got the time for sure. It's just my mood is so bad. I'm exhausted from everything.
Aw and here was me hoping you'd definitely be here because I have a super epic cheesy song that I want to send. xpray

So sorry you're dealing with these things right now. :( xrunhug xrose

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Aw and here was me hoping you'd definitely be here because I have a super epic cheesy song that I want to send. xpray

So sorry you're dealing with these things right now. :( xrunhug xrose

You know... something tells me this is just all miserable hot air coming from me here. I've got this feeling I'll submit something right on the dot, cause what else have I got to do right now? Mope around? That probably won't do me too much good. I'll need whatever cheese it is you're about to serve up, providing the cheese doesn't contain Coronavirus.

giphy.gif

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
You know... something tells me this is just all miserable hot air coming from me here. I've got this feeling I'll submit something right on the dot, cause what else have I got to do right now? Mope around? That probably won't do me too much good. I'll need whatever cheese it is you're about to serve up, providing the cheese doesn't contain Coronavirus.
Maybe joining us this edition will do you some good and help take your mind off of things? xrunhug Know that you are very loved and appreciated here in this community. xheart If you ever need to talk/vent/share further, just hit me up in private.

Serving up ALL the cheese it is, then! xheat

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Maybe joining us this edition will do you some good and help take your mind off of things? xrunhug Know that you are very loved and appreciated here in this community. xheart If you ever need to talk/vent/share further, just hit me up in private.

Serving up ALL the cheese it is, then! xheat

Thank you Annaxlove It means a lot. That's what I was thinking. I may not feel like doing anything but say if I didn't take part, I would just be sitting there with nothing much else to do but dwell. I'll join in! Gotta choose a song though.

I'd join you with my own cheese but I'm waiting on Andrew W.K. to deliver it to me sometime soon. He's got a new album coming out this yearxheat Perhaps he'll release the first single from it tomorrow xpray

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Anna is right it could serve as a good distraction, and you know how much of big part of this community you are. :D We'd all miss you for the edition for sure, but at the end of it though, you do what is best for you. xheart If your heart isn't in it, then take the break. We all completely understand. But if you decide to keep taking part, then even better.

Top Bottom