RainyWoods

Croak-kay
giphy.gif

deen1_537640491.jpg

Playlist missing Mars Agro - Losing You and Eartha Kitt - I Love Men

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
xamandalearsmile Hello, good day to you all and welcome to the United States national final being used to select our song for the 119th edition of WorldVision. It’s been a super dooper long time since I’ve done one of these. I actually challenged myself a bit with this one. It’s Eurovision NF season right now, and I was thinking to myself what makes a great national selection? I was in that frame of mind when putting this all together and the end result will hopefully give you pleasurable whiplash. Without further ado…

The Unlikely Candidates - Novocaine Starting this thing off with a bit of a bang. I wouldn’t call this pop rock bop a guilty pleasure of mine as I don’t do those things (I FEEL NO SHAME). More of an unlikely pleasure, with it being so far away from the rock I usually lean towards. I find Novocaine super fun and addictive. I like Kyle Morris’ pep, along with his confidence in rocking that stunning combover. A new fashion king was born.

Alela Diane - Moves Us Blind This is a gorgeous one from the Nevada City Americana artist. Moves Us Blind is a charming piano led ballad in a style not far removed from the 70s classics (Joni, Lennon etc). It’s a restful, reflective number yet Alela’s presence commands you to hang on her every poetic word as she pushes fabric around like the queen of seasons that she is.

Kim Petras - Heart To Break Yes bishes, she’s back for some revenge after her recent shock flop at the game. Whereas Icy was more of an atmospheric synth pop number, here on Heart To Break, Kim is at her most poppy, going full on with a dance routine and everything. She's working it! Bonus points for the mood that is the praying mantis in a jar.

Jonathan Wilson - 69 Corvette Unarguably the most unmistakably me sounding song on offer for you within this NF. Jonathan has been going a long while now and was credited with helping to revive the Laurel Canyon scene. 69 Corvette is a warm and loving look back at precious times had, before the song hits you with the gut wrenching sad truth that eventually you’re looking a polaroids and grieving with a plea to remember to tell em you love em every time cause it’s all floating on right by. It’s heartbreakingly honest and beautiful.

Kali Uchis - Solita The second returning artist. Our Colombian-American goddess is back solo this time with a dreamy reggaeton track from her forthcoming album. It’s hypnotic, with a sizzling hot music video. I’m super crazy for this one right now. Brinteresting Fact: If this wins the selection it would mark the first time for me sending a song partly in a language besides English. Edit: Actually this was blatant lies as Chic C'est La Vie happened 4 years ago.

Check out that lil’ recap video if you’re unsure if this is worth your time. 8 points (my lucky number) is the max you can reward songs here and there’s 0 as well that you’re encouraged to use if the song is pretty much hopeless with you (I guess you could almost if you wanted to think of the ranking system as similar to an out of 10 one except this time with 8). This is the most loose and free I've ever allowed the voting system to be in one of my NFs. You can really push your favs if you so please (cue Ana ballad 0s in 3, 2, 1..). The deadline will be midnight before the last day of submitting entries for the next edition. Thank you for helping me out and I hope you enjoy the songsxheart

giphy.gif

:lond: :de: :west: :cn: :kr: :be: :sc: :es: :jp: :pl: :hu:

Last edited:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Everyone else arriving to vote:
O7uFSi8.gif

:lond: arriving to vote:
YTLrTED.gif

xo xexcuseme

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I had to destroy my greenroom main post (which wasn't even pinned to the top of the page anymore anyway) as I wanted to change topic titles to promote my NF but wasn't allowed to as my post was over the 50 picture max limit we now have. So RIP to my little picfont made history banners with the glittery medal placing finishers:cry: If we ever get to have our main posts glued to the top of the page again, I'll think about redesigning everything, obviously not with individual banners for each song this time. Perhaps I could do a text based history like a lot of people do, and then have larger banners with some of those artist cutouts I like to do, placing a bunch of my singers at a pool party or something hot. I did want to update everything anyway, as I started those old banners years ago and I'm a bit better at making things now.

Anyway, thanks again Ashley for blessing my NF with its first votesxheart Things are very tight. It's all to play for. Come and vote x

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I had to destroy my greenroom main post (which wasn't even pinned to the top of the page anymore anyway) as I wanted to change topic titles to promote my NF but wasn't allowed to as my post was over the 50 picture max limit we now have. So RIP to my little picfont made history banners with the glittery medal placing finishers:cry: If we ever get to have our main posts glued to the top of the page again, I'll think about redesigning everything, obviously not with individual banners for each song this time. Perhaps I could do a text based history like a lot of people do, and then have larger banners with some of those artist cutouts I like to do, placing a bunch of my singers at a pool party or something hot. I did want to update everything anyway, as I started those old banners years ago and I'm a bit better at making things now.

Actually mine is a text one and because of all the flag images I had it broke also. So unless you make it totally next, with no images then it will happen again. I just made mine in an excel document So I could copy it all into PS and save it as one giant image. Cheat the system x

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member

Anyway, thanks again Ashley for blessing my NF with its first votesxheart Things are very tight. It's all to play for. Come and vote x
You could always just add all the little history banners into one single large image (in your editing software of choice)? Or divide it up into rows, so that the images that would have been next to each other are together in the same wide image.

I can pin your main post for ya if you want! Just say the word. :)

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Actually mine is a text one and because of all the flag images I had it broke also. So unless you make it totally next, with no images then it will happen again. I just made mine in an excel document So I could copy it all into PS and save it as one giant image. Cheat the system x

That's very smart. I may have to take inspiration from that idea. Thank you. I feel like putting together some banners maybe that celebrate the artists I've sent without a focus on results, but then having the results in text in a separate part of the post.

You could always just add all the little history banners into one single large image (in your editing software of choice)? Or divide it up into rows, so that the images that would have been next to each other are together in the same wide image.

I did think of that actually. I took screenshots of everything before deleting the posts, as well as taking a copy of the URL used. I honestly think perhaps it's time to try something new, although it's a shame to get rid of everything. I started those particular banners I had over two years ago, and since then I think I've improved a fair bit, and I was always looking at them thinking "I wish I hadn't done that.." or "should have done this.." but I could never never change anything once I had started :lol: I kind of like the idea as well now of doing all my writing by hand instead of using fonts.

I would have said yes to a pin but I notice someone has done it already since last night xexcuseme Thank you anyway, Annaxheart

ZoboCamel

Just had a look at the recap video. There's definitely some stuff that interests me, so expect my votes over the next few days! You have my permission to bug me with an @ or two if I'm late :lol:

Hijacking Rainy's thread to say "can you please pin the first post of Japan's thread while you're at it", xoxo xheart

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
397bcfb0dc0483ad03c6292d7e99f67c.gif

I forgot the joys of hosting NFs. That excitement when you receive a pm with points and a lovely message. I can't believe my body survived over a year without one. Happy little things are NFs.

Thank you so much :lond: :de: :west: :cn: :kr:

34 - 34 - 29 - 19 - 17

Do I finally have the super close selection of my dreams on my hands?

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

futLWCx6fPFzVzaU5eV2MQ.jpg

18th in Semi 2 with 38 Points / 14th in REJU with 10 Points
Did Not Qualify

:12: xexcuseme
:10: :ua: (REJU :jp:)
:8: :west:
:7: :kr:
:6: xexcuseme
:5: :svea:
:4: :si: :lv:
:3: xexcuseme
:2: xexcuseme
:1: xexcuseme

Bless all seven of you that had some support for He Is Legend. I'm very glad some people enjoyed their song, even if it was very much a kamikaze entry on my part. It was fun to share. I'll do some more rock soon. I guess I'm more likely to delve back into the garage rock and psychedelic side of my taste.... I kind of really want to try and do Rob Zombie again though as he came so close the last time.

My National Final for next edition is still going on. Big thank you to everyone that has helped me out so farxheart I'm guessing you've still got five or six-ish days left if you'd like to vote. I always close these things the night before the submission deadline.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Sitting at eight voters now. Thank you very muchxheart

Deadline I can now announce will be the 31st of January midnight (my time x). This thing is very much a two horse race at the moment, with a third song in a position to catch up. Two songs seem like lost causes though unless a whole bunch of people vote and they don't like what's leading. I'm kind of surprised actually at just what's struggling here *cue poker face*.

SleepyLividKitfox-size_restricted.gif

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
You've got just a little over two days left to vote in this thing if you'd like to help me out. I'll give @ZoboCamel a mention as he gave me his permission to do so, but I'd be delighted if anyone else would like to vote. I really want to reach at least ten voters and we're so close.

Genesis

I shall look into this NF and vote very soon :giggle: xcheer

Just want clarification here; do we get the pool of 8 points to split between entries, or we can award 8 points as maximum (and multiple times if wanted)?

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I shall look into this NF and vote very soon :giggle: xcheer

Just want clarification here; do we get the pool of 8 points to split between entries, or we can award 8 points as maximum (and multiple times if wanted)?

You get all the numbers and can use each one as many times as you want so 8-6-6-3-0 as an example or 8-8-8-8-7 if you’re as super aurally aroused as someone else who has already voted herexamandalearsmile

I look forward to receiving your votes:love:

Top Bottom