Contact us

United States ☂️ WV121 ☔ Mars Argo - Using You

whiteshoes

@RainyWoods
I am sorry for you and your struggle and I hope things are gonna turn out well for you. If you like to pour your heart out to somebody privately, I am there for you, even though you obviously have closer friends here in the community (whose English is also better). People say I am a good listener (or in this case: reader) so that's something, I guess. And ofc I also hope that Corona guy stays away from you. Hopefully he is not into long-haired men. :( ;)

At the moment I've got a hard time deciding for my entry. Actually I had everything planned for this edition a while ago but since I unexpectedly got a PQ, I rejected my plans and got out some of my special songs, including a few potential flop treasures that otherwise would not qualify. So far I didn't came closer to a decision as the pro and con arguments for each song balance each other out. I'd need a decisive reason for one of the songs and I think you give me this reason. I will simply choose the song that I think you will enjoy the most so I hope I can touch you emotionally and make you forget about Corona and any other problems... and eventually you should realize that joining this edition was a good decision.. it's always a good decision! :D

I can't offer cheese, though. :( The song I consider is more like... bittersweet, I guess.

RainyWoods

Coocoo Completely

Gosh, everyone here is so kind. Bless your souls.

Anna is right it could serve as a good distraction, and you know how much of big part of this community you are. :D We'd all miss you for the edition for sure, but at the end of it though, you do what is best for you. xheart If your heart isn't in it, then take the break. We all completely understand. But if you decide to keep taking part, then even better.
Yes, that's what I thought and it's also what we spoke about a while back when we messaged privately. At first it was just family stuff that had got me down, but now with this whole virus situation getting really serious, it's that added on top, ruining all my spring plans. I was sad and angry. But I've got nothing else much to do, so I'll take part, even if I'm miserable as can be the entire time xheart You all helped drag me back, so thank you.

@RainyWoods
I am sorry for you and your struggle and I hope things are gonna turn out well for you. If you like to pour your heart out to somebody privately, I am there for you, even though you obviously have closer friends here in the community (whose English is also better). People say I am a good listener (or in this case: reader) so that's something, I guess. And ofc I also hope that Corona guy stays away from you. Hopefully he is not into long-haired men. :( ;)

At the moment I've got a hard time deciding for my entry. Actually I had everything planned for this edition a while ago but since I unexpectedly got a PQ, I rejected my plans and got out some of my special songs, including a few potential flop treasures that otherwise would not qualify. So far I didn't came closer to a decision as the pro and con arguments for each song balance each other out. I'd need a decisive reason for one of the songs and I think you give me this reason. I will simply choose the song that I think you will enjoy the most so I hope I can touch you emotionally and make you forget about Corona and any other problems... and eventually you should realize that joining this edition was a good decision.. it's always a good decision! :D

I can't offer cheese, though. :( The song I consider is more like... bittersweet, I guess.
Aw Flo. I consider you one of the people I'm closest to here actually, and just knowing you're ok with me messaging you means a lot. You are indeed a very good listener, I have noticed xheart And your English ist wondrous, ja. I don't know who Corona is into to be honest. I might have to disguise myself if I see him glancing.

You should follow your heart with your PQ decision. It's a rare gift that doesn't come often, so think what you'd most like to share. I do wonder though what this song is that you believe I will enjoy. I have an idea or two. There's music from a certain film I love I'm eager for you to send one day but I think would likely struggle. Gosh though, it's literally a nightmare when multiple people send stuff specifically to please you. I guilt-trip with myself enough when deciding my points in an average edition. I prefer it when everyone sends stuff I hate

whiteshoes

@RainyWoods
I believe I know what movie and what composer you are refering to and the songs of that soundtrack would indeed make good PQ entries since they probably wouldn't make the final otherwise. However, since already my last entry was a movie-related song I didn't want to send another one right afterwards. But obviously Iceland have (and had...) amazing film composers and now and then I will submit some of their pieces even though most of them are hard to sell in WV (cause they work best in synthesis with the movie theyve been made for). I think it is definitely important to present this side of Icelandic music scene as there is so much talent, but I decided to choose a different approach for this edition.

And... you told me to follow my heart so I eventually did not send the entry that I think you would love the most. Nevertheless, I am pretty sure you'll be satisfied with my choice. By the way, I wish you good luck with your nostalgic 90s garage rock/pop thing xbow

RainyWoods

Coocoo Completely

Mars Argo is the persona of Michigan singer-songwriter, Brittany Alexandria Sheets. Before Poppy was weirding Youtube audiences out with her surreal videos, Mars Argo had Grocery Bag TV. It was a satirical channel, much in the same vein as the videos her at the time partner Titanic Sinclair would later make with Poppy. Both artists have now parted ways with Sinclair on what were unfortunately difficult, unpleasant terms.

The music of Mars Argo takes heavily from the genres of garage rock and the melodic joys of power pop. These are two of my most favourite things, so straight away I had a soft spot for Using You and its nostalgic sound. It always makes me feel quite wistful whenever I go back to Mars Argo's stuff as it's totally my world. Even if the sugar levels are through the roof, I just adore her kind of joyful garage rock. Brittany is supposedly returning to music soon after a long time away, but until then I hope you enjoy my favourite Mars Argo blast from the past 🖤

RainyWoods

Coocoo Completely
Thank you for helping Mars Argo qualify xheart xheat I probably would have been weirdly wistful had this one failed, and I think that's why it's taken me so long to let go of it. I've often had it as my backup entry and have even contemplated placing it into an NF multiple times.

I'm really grateful now how some of you guys nudged me to stay. I mean, I was happy even before the qualification after deciding to take part. WorldVision really is a good thing to help take your mind off of difficult things going on, even if it sometimes comes with its own stresses.

anaraqueen

bless you xheart you deserved it and go to hell titanic sinclair

Top Bottom