2 1.0%

13 6.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

ESC_Peggy

It's like how that new Mimi Webb track sounds nothing like a Eurovision entry despite those rumours, I think there's something to expecting a certain sound from TaP/BBC, I know Space Man sounded like a Eurovision entry when I first heard it.
Yes! It boggles my brain that people seriously think “Red Flags” could be a competitive entry.

A-lister

Veteran
Yeah, I think the logic was pretty much the same. But the people in charge are completely different, and the TaP people seem to be way more in touch with what modern Eurovision is and with what type of entry and act can stand out in the contest. They seem to be genuine fans of the contest too.

Yeah, let's hope they'll continue on the right path. Curious to see how this will play out considering Sam is literally the first UK Eurovision act in decades to manage to have commercial success domestically with his Eurovision entry and build on the momentum. Last time a UK Eurovision song crossed over to mainstream success was with Gina G in 1996 !?

Sean

Admin
Staff member
I know it's only a month away, but i'm starting to get impatient. Not even a single crumb has been given to us on who it may be, everything is purely speculation and our own rumours.
How have you been following the UK at Eurovision for this long and not gotten used to that? 😂

HarryUK

Veteran
I know it's only a month away, but i'm starting to get impatient. Not even a single crumb has been given to us on who it may be, everything is purely speculation and our own rumours.
At least we know when we get a crumb now it should be good

Before it had been picked up off the floor and was mouldy :ROFLMAO:

theditz83

Veteran
How have you been following the UK at Eurovision for this long and not gotten used to that? 😂
I think like Ash, I'm just a bit disappointed that the Beeb didn't try and build a bit more anticipation already for our entry when we are hosting on home soil. It's the perfect opportunity to really build the hype with the home crowd xheart

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

😆 I am used it to it but for the first time the expectations is not complete and utter disappointment. It's a whole new world for British Eurovision fans. I need that Crystal Ball account to do something

HarryUK

Veteran
Who votes that we erase Heal Me from everyone's minds & history and we just send Grace Carter with that

ESC_Peggy

There’s speculation about Sam doing something at the Brits on Saturday? He said there is a surprise and to watch it but dunno if it’s Eurovision.

Chrisiam

I doubt it, it likely is him revealing a new single. If it is Eurovision related it is either him saying he is representing the UK again or he will end up doing a duet with the act that will be.

theditz83

Veteran
I doubt it, it likely is him revealing a new single. If it is Eurovision related it is either him saying he is representing the UK again or he will end up doing a duet with the act that will be.
I still reckon they might ask Sam to be part of the hosting team - maybe in the green room or something...

Not really "Brits-worthy" news tbh, but yeah - still reckon he'll be involved in some way, even on the blue carpet event.

ESC_Peggy

It is curious because he's not on the official list to perform but he looked hyped about whatever it is when he was speaking.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
I hope it's not Sam again, I don't want the UK (a music powerhouse) to end up like Germany (maybe not a music powerhouse per se but a big country nonetheless) and send the same artist twice in a row just because the first time was successful (and I say that as someone who had Lena in my personal top. 3 both times). It's just based on the size of UK and especially its music industry, they don't need to act is if they are San Marino, it would be lazy and prefer some other name (plus Sam isn't that exciting musically speaking to these ears at least).

ESC_Peggy

I hope it's not Sam again, I don't want the UK (a music powerhouse) to end up like Germany (maybe not a music powerhouse per se but a big country nonetheless) and send the same artist twice in a row just because the first time was successful (and I say that as someone who had Lena in my personal top. 3 both times). It's just based on the size of UK and especially its music industry, they don't need to act is if they are San Marino, it would be lazy and prefer some other name (plus Sam isn't that exciting musically speaking to these ears at least).
Sam said he won't do it again. He never went with the intention of winning and and he wouldn't change the experience he had already. Don't worry about that.

A-lister

Veteran
Sam said he won't do it again. He never went with the intention of winning and and he wouldn't change the experience he had already. Don't worry about that.

Ok, well hope so. The gossip/rumors make me a bit worried, plus it wouldn't be the first time that artists claim something that turn out to be untrue or that something makes them change their minds.

Last edited:

ChiversLookDivine

So I think there’s a few things we can eliminate as being this BRITs ‘surprise’.

It’s very unlikely to be anything to do with Eurovision that isn’t the music itself (for example, presenting announcements) - although I can see a world where Sam presents an award with Timur or something, I can’t see the BBC letting any of these admin-type announcements be made on another channel. Likewise I can‘t see ITV doing promotion work for one of the BBC’s biggest broadcasts of the year.

I do think there is a tiny but possible chance of it being an artist announcement, although the BRITs are on ITV a lot of it is led and dictated by the record labels. If the 2023 entrant is present at the awards there’s always a chance their record label make this public with this TV spot, but for this to happen you’d expect the BBC or the @bbceurovision socials to start hyping up a need to watch the BRITs… and so far it’s just Sam hyping a surprise on his Instagram story, so the chances of it being an artist/song reveal are maybe 1% at most until the BBC tell people to go watch it. The views in recent years has been flagging for the BRITs, so I wouldn’t be surprised if ITV negotiated some sort of announcement so they could get a bit of the Eurovision hype for themselves, but this absolutely requires a BBC directive to send viewers that way.

As Sam is the only one hyping this up it’s 98% going to be something directly to do with him. He could be presenting an award with someone, he could be in a surprise performance/duet, and although I said it’s very unlikely to be a Eurovision-admin announcement the one exception is Sam announcing in passing that he’ll be an interval act, a green room host, recording a song with Kalush to release in May… something like that.

If the BBC’s Eurovision socials put out some sort of BRIT Awards tweet today or tomorrow then we can start speculating a Rina, Mimi, Wet Leg type announcement - otherwise, Sam is going to be doing something fun and furthering his career which is always good to see.

ChiversLookDivine

I’ve seen it, I’m just saying it’s safe to assume that it won’t be certain things like Eurovision admin tasks (the BBC will want to announce those), it’s also very unlikely to be an artist announcement unless the BBC‘s socials make some sort of announcement to watch the BRITs. And since it’s only Sam hyping this up it’s bound to revolve around Sam, whether this is him as an interval act, recording a song with Kalush, or just releasing new music.

He’s been in LA and Hawaii for a fortnight or so recording new music so we know content is on the way.

Chrisiam

Well given the fact the thread isn't filled with cheers and jeers over a shock Eurovision announcement at the BRITs last night I'm guessing nothing was revealed, which makes me worry they are going to try and be cute and do another stealth drop in the next couple weeks or so.

HarryUK

Veteran
Well given the fact the thread isn't filled with cheers and jeers over a shock Eurovision announcement at the BRITs last night I'm guessing nothing was revealed, which makes me worry they are going to try and be cute and do another stealth drop in the next couple weeks or so.
Sam Ryder & David Guetta have kicked Albanian icon Bebe Rexha off of the I'm Good song and they're re-releasing it for Eurovision this year, did you not get the hint??

Top Bottom