2 1.0%

13 6.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Kentish

Rina is with UMG, Mae is with Capitol, which is owned by UMG.

If you think about how ESC Crystal Ball likes to throw curveballs, it's starting to look really obvious it's going to be Mae Muller.

Cash out those UK winning tickets if that turns out to be true. Mae would be a candidate for bottom 5.

Last edited:

Kitakaze

Do think it’s sort of missing the point for well-intentioned people saying not to spread any negativity or express disappointment with whoever ends up being selected, since it seems like an oversight to ignore fact this year is special in that we have the best opportunity we’ve ever had to attract an ideal candidate without the usual stigma given the huge success that was last year. It should be the opportunity to set us on a new path of sending actual contenders rather than something perceived “good enough” which never actually was and you could predict the outcome a mile off.

Chrisiam

Honestly, at this point, it feels like people are tieing themselves up in knots trying to justify why their favourite act is going to be the one.

ChiversLookDivine

Honestly, at this point, it feels like people are tieing themselves up in knots trying to justify why their favourite act is going to be the one.

Well I mean as far as I can tell the 'leak' for Mae is utterly unfounded. She's not BBC/TaP's scene, she's not even Capital. And there's no link there to the degree the others have. People using this Crystal Ball leak to justify her when the UMG hint points to hundreds of potential artists is laughable.

Rina or Birdy or Mimi would be absolutely fine (although I hear it's not Mimi now?), let's just fast-forward to Thursday and get it over with.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I think its impressive that we've managed to fill 46 pages based on absolutely 0 concrete information. Just random rumours and speculation. ❤ it's not quite 2014 levels but it's getting there.

Romeo

If it’s not Rina with Frankenstein then the only song I will accept is Kath and Kim with “Lady Bump”. At a stretch I would accept Jo Zette with “catwalk”

And you cannot disagree because Eurovision 2023 is in my hometown and I’ll stick up wanted posters with your face on them all around town! Like you see in Western films!

MopManMoss

Veteran
It's supposedly Rina with her song Holy, can't say im overly wowed having listened compared to frankenstein

Last edited:

Kitakaze

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but there are two versions of Holy (Til you let me go) on the ASCAP database, the album version (with the full title) and a version just called Holy which could be a single version that hasn't been released yet.
Is there any way of knowing when it was uploaded to the database and of the song duration? Watching a few of her performances for Holy on her tour, I’m thinking it’s probably just the extended instrumental version she seems to have used for some of them.

ayzelto

"Frankestein" would be a great option and a real contender. A pity I don't think the same about "Holy".

Cestrian18

Is there any way of knowing when it was uploaded to the database and of the song duration? Watching a few of her performances for Holy on her tour, I’m thinking it’s probably just the extended instrumental version she seems to have used for some of them.
Annoyingly it doesn't seem to have that on the website, I only know about it because it was how we rumbled My Last Breath was an upcoming release in 2020. I was hoping to find an unreleased song but no luck.

ayzelto

"Frankestein" would be a great option and a real contender. A pity I don't think the same about "Holy".
Ok, I think I must retract what I said before. The fact is that I gave “Holy” a couple more listens, and now I even think this one would be more suitable for Eurovision.
Please BBC choose Rina with any of these two songs. Finland is standing alone on my 12 points spot and is really looking forward to someone else joining la crème de la crème!

ayzelto

Ok, I think I must retract what I said before. The fact is that I gave “Holy” a couple more listens, and now I even think this one would be more suitable for Eurovision.
Please BBC choose Rina with any of these two songs. Finland is standing alone on my 12 points spot and is really looking forward to someone else joining la crème de la crème!
PS: the Big 5 being on fire once again is not something we thought it’d happen anytime soon, but it definitely is!

empo21

Veteran
If Rina is going to ESC, I'd like her to do well, so Rina, please go to the studio and record a song that's better than anything on Hold the Girl. It can't be difficult. Surely, there's some SAWAYAMA outtakes you're hiding somewhere.

Top Bottom