2 1.0%

13 6.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Rocket man

The Girl Group Flo were named BBCs sound of 2023 recently. Pure speculation but they could be one possibility.
Now they would be fantastic representing the UK. British R'n'B music would be a great direction for the UK to go in for Eurovision this year.

theditz83

Veteran
We haven't gone down the group route in a while, but I guess there's an argument for considering it after the last 2 winners being bands/groups. Flo would need a killer song though to cut through though.

Sounds of 2023 acts would be the sensible route for the BBC to consider, considering it serves as a platform for one of them to quickly grow a larger following - Sam did that brilliantly, growing on his decent social media following and using it to his full advantage.

Rachel Chinouriri would be my pick from that list - with the right song, she'd slay xheat

MopManMoss

Veteran
There is still a part of me that wonders if they will select an act from the host city. It might feel a tad twee to do a "Home Coming gig" type of deal but I could see it happening. And I also wonder if they might not try and get one of the acts from their Sounds of 2023 (or whatever it is called) thing. Granted they are more on the credible side of things but I could see the BBC at least trying it for the sake of brand synergy.

So you’re saying we should give Jemini a chance to redeem themselves

MopManMoss

Veteran
Im pretty sure the woman from jemini was done for benefit fraud and went to prison a few years ago she needs this to turn her image around, let’s get Jemini back to Eurovision

Chrisiam

Im pretty sure the woman from jemini was done for benefit fraud and went to prison a few years ago she needs this to turn her image around, let’s get Jemini back to Eurovision
Its fine, the Jemini that performed at Eurovision isn't even the same one that won their selection show. Just make up a new line up, or have whoever isn't in prison singing. But they only sing their half of the song, and the other half is just the backing track and no one else.

ESCConor

My guess is that TAP may want to go down the same route as Sam and try and get someone who has a strong social media following in order to promote the song.

HarryUK

Why am I seeing Rina’s name being floated around and why am I fooling myself in thinking she’d actually do it

ESCConor

Why am I seeing Rina’s name being floated around and why am I fooling myself in thinking she’d actually do it

interestingly her tour suddenly pauses on the 27th February and that its Oslo, Norway and then starts again in June, and we know February/March time is when Eurovision build up and promotion usually starts before it happens in May.

She fits the bill I think for what the BBC and TAP would be after, definitely would be a very good successor to Sam Ryder.

Last edited:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

tbh this would have been elite

Cestrian18

interestingly her tour suddenly pauses on the 27th February and that its Oslo, Norway and then starts again in June, and we know February/March time is when Eurovision build up and promotion usually starts before it happens in May.

She fits the bill I think for what the BBC and TAP would be after, definitely would be a very good successor to Sam Ryder.
If Rina wants to do it, the BBC would be crazy to pass her up, she's exactly what we should be going for imo and also would benefit from the additional exposure as she's doing well but hasn't quite exploded yet.

HarryUK

This would be my pick - yes it's my favourite Rina song BUT just imagine the staging potential here

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Actually this would be a great Eurovision entry;

Rina's an incredible artist. I'd be thrilled to bits if she somehow agreed to do it

I think it's time someone did an article to blow this rumour up into something bigger than it actually is. xheart

ChiversLookDivine

Rina's name is getting floated around again and again for a reason, just saying...

And if anyone wants to start getting excited there's a big old gap in her schedule from the end of February to the start of June.

ESCConor

Rina's name is getting floated around again and again for a reason, just saying...

And if anyone wants to start getting excited there's a big old gap in her schedule from the end of February to the start of June.

And Ben Mawson and Scott Mills follow her on Instagram, and we know that just before Sam was announced, they follow him on Instagram, read into that what you will...

I definitely think it could well be her, late February/early March is when we usually know whos doing it, and pausing it then does add to the rumours.

Top Bottom