13 6.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
It's one of the catchiest songs this year, but comparted to all the other in-your-face-songs with a twist, it falls a bit short. It sticks to my ears and I keep it humming it all day, so I give it 8 points for now. I haven't seen her live in Barcelona, but I would not recommend tacky costumes for Eurovision. Keep it sassy yet classy.

MopManMoss

Veteran
It's one of the catchiest songs this year, but comparted to all the other in-your-face-songs with a twist, it falls a bit short. It sticks to my ears and I keep it humming it all day, so I give it 8 points for now. I haven't seen her live in Barcelona, but I would not recommend tacky costumes for Eurovision. Keep it sassy yet classy.
Classy? I wrote a song is a disposable trashy girly pop number if anything Mae should double down on not being classy

Ezio

Veteran
Classy? I wrote a song is a disposable trashy girly pop number if anything Mae should double down on not being classy
Yeah, then go for it. lol.

MopManMoss

Veteran
I didnt like it on release I like it even less now but this music isn't really my thing to begin with, I really hope for the UKs sake she was just ill last night because otherwise I can totally see a last place again even with that running order

Ezio

Veteran
I didnt like it on release I like it even less now but this music isn't really my thing to begin with, I really hope for the UKs sake she was just ill last night because otherwise I can totally see a last place again even with that running order
The spirit of Pia Maria possessed her due to all the ill things you said about her last year. :cautious:

Semra

No. I'm a person who almost never like girly bops, it's just not my kind of music. Didn't like this song at first either, but strangely enough started liking it more and more. "Sass with class" is one of the reasons why. I loved her skirt & blouse entrance into that room in the music video, it looked so good.

To reach a wider audience (like me) it would be wise to get out of the bathing suits and into something more classy or vintage. I am sooo tired of the tacky bathing suits. Same thing happended to another song I actually started liking; Nochentera (BenidormFest). Started good, but she too had to (almost) reveal her intimate area later on in her song.

MopManMoss

Veteran
No. I'm a person who almost never like girly bops, it's just not my kind of music. Didn't like this song at first either, but strangely enough started liking it more and more. "Sass with class" is one of the reasons why. I loved her skirt & blouse entrance into that room in the music video, it looked so good.

To reach a wider audience (like me) it would be wise to get out of the bathing suits and into something more classy or vintage. I am sooo tired of the tacky bathing suits. Same thing happended to another song I actually started liking; Nochentera (BenidormFest). Started good, but she too had to (almost) reveal her intimate area later on in her song.
Right but classy and vintage is completely at odds with the song

Semra

Right but classy and vintage is completely at odds with the song
I don't know. As I said, she looked the coolest when entering that room in a skirt and blouse. To me, that was done right. Let's say style can enhance a song, not necessarily make it good. When thinking about it, the reason I often prefer male artists might be because I'm allergic to tacky. And women, more often than men, go that route... It should be about the song. But to me, staging and style do matter.

MopManMoss

Veteran
I don't know. As I said, she looked the coolest when entering that room in a skirt and blouse. To me, that was done right. Let's say style can enhance a song, not necessarily make it good. When thinking about it, the reason I often prefer male artists might be because I'm allergic to tacky. And women, more often than men, go that route... It should be about the song. But to me, staging and style do matter.
It should be about the song but the song is nothing special, you cant do classy and vintage with a song like this it would be way too distracting because of the contrast in tone it would create between the presentation and the song itself

Semra

It should be about the song but the song is nothing special, you cant do classy and vintage with a song like this it would be way too distracting because of the contrast in tone it would create between the presentation and the song itself

Look, I see where you're coming from. But let's say they did the staging more like the music video. That's what I was hoping for. It looked edgy without the "bathing suit". It worked. Let's say Blanka from Poland shows up in a tacky suit ilike that n the finale... My God, that would make her performance one to never forget. I guess I should give her half a point just for her little skirt ;)

theditz83

Veteran
No idea why, but this performance gave me Brooke from Ireland 2022 vibes - thinking back to that Late Late Show performance with the bad styling (sorry, but what Mae wore last night didn't really flatter her). I just hope the "glow-up" that BBC gives her for Liverpool works better than the one that RTE gave to "That's Rich" - although still feel that Brooke was short-changed last year.

I'm not judging this vocal performance as a fair reflection of her abilities, as being ill will always result in a sub-par quality performance. Hope she recovers soon xpray

I bims

Veteran
You're in trouble 😬

Edit: But to be fair, Luca Hänni was even worse in the pre shows and the Eurovision performance was great.

Deleted member 12761

Personally the performance made me like the song more. It's a fun bop and her performance wasn't that bad. Every singer has a bad day. People are so overdramatic because of one pre party performance. She said in an interview that she was sick.

Edit: lmao, love her.

Top Bottom