2 1.0%

13 6.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

ESC_Peggy

Is there a live version yet? I worry that until we hear her sing this live that we can’t judge how this will do. Sam did lots of live which really helped sell him and the song.
The longer we go the more i worry that the song isn’t working.
Tonight she performs at the Barcelona pre-party.

Chrisiam

As far as things that could be done to the song ahead of the finals is concerned I'm not sure. It feels rather feature complete as is, and unlike Space Man, there isn't a part in the song that you can shake things up with. The spoken word bit is great, I'm not sure if they can rely on that being a 'moment' like the guitar solo in Space Man was. The only way I could see that happening is if they built up that moment in the song better. Have more of a swell of music during it or something. I'm not a musician or anything so I really don't know how to make that work or what to suggest. But seeing as she is going to be performing tonight maybe that will give us a better idea. And likely the staff working on it as well, it'll give them feedback they can work on.

Ali_

She's unwell but I'm looking forward to how she performs the song in terms of stage presence

Synergise

Well I've heard Mae sing elsewhere and she's been quite good (albeit not exactly a vocal powerhouse). And she is apparently quite sick.

That being said, vocally, her performance just now at Barcelona was really poor :(

HarryUK

Veteran
Considering she's unwell, it was a solid performance. Only issue was weak vocals, again probably due to being ill.

Ali_

Yeah not good... but I've watched some live performances on YouTube from people recording on their phones at concerts she's done and she sounds better on those so would definitely put this partly down to being ill.
Edit: meant phone recordings from other concerts not Barcelona.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Yeah not good... but I've watched some live performances on YouTube from people recording on their phones at concerts she's done and she sounds better on those so would definitely put this partly down to being ill.

Yeah I saw a wiwi clip and without that tragic af echo it didn't sound so bad. It was far from the best tonight though.

simori95

Is it too early for the „Maeday Maeday“ jokes? xpolice:cry:

Chrisiam

I'll start worrying when she sounds off on the promo circuit/she avoids doing the promo circuit.

BernadetteCydonia

Never forget Freya Skye falling ill on the JESC week and still pulling off a top 5 finish despite having to scale down her performance vocally at points because of it. It's still weeks away from the main Eurovision so I'm sure Mae will do so much better healthwise!

ayzelto

I’ve just come from the BCN Eurovision Party and her vocals weren’t good. I was expecting much more tbh, I like the song :(

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Never forget Freya Skye falling ill on the JESC week and still pulling off a top 5 finish despite having to scale down her performance vocally at points because of it. It's still weeks away from the main Eurovision so I'm sure Mae will do so much better healthwise!

That was so horrible for Freya, but it was remarkable how they managed to change the performance, add backing vocals and all with less rehearsal time than everyone else. Then go on to pull a top 5 and win the televote.

ESCConor

I think Mae Muller deserves some credit for at least giving it a go, considering she wasn't well and she had some technical issues on top of that, it was a solid effort tbh

Yes, it wasn't her strongest performance, but can we seriously expect her to be at full stretch when she is clearly not well.

I feel some in the fan community expect too much of artist and are a little too judgemental.

It's no wonder great artists are put off from participating thanks to the toxicity sometimes.

Mae should be resting much as possible imo.

ESCConor

I’ve just come from the BCN Eurovision Party and her vocals weren’t good. I was expecting much more tbh, I like the song :(

You can't expect her to be 100 percent when she is unwell. I don't think it's right to judge songs off pre parties.

ESCConor

Well it’s normal we do that when we have only heard the studio version of the song.

With the greatest of respect,it comes down to who can deliver in Liverpool, not at a pre party.

I think we will agree to disagree.

simori95

With the greatest of respect,it comes down to who can deliver in Liverpool, not at a pre party.

I think we will agree to disagree.

While I was just waiting to make my previous joke for weeks because her Name just practically asked for it, I don’t actually think her vocals were horrendous. And of course the Liverpool Performance is all that Will matter in the end. However, of course we will dissect and analyze every live Performance we get to assess the potential outcomes ahead of time. And if someone doesn’t deliver, that may indeed change how we view things while we wait. On a positive note, I love being positively surprised so in the end it might even work out in her favour. My jokes Are always light-hearted and Never meant to be taken seriously 🤗 she is currently my fifth with the studio Version and if she delivers in May, I Will make sure to throw votes her way.

Top Bottom