Oh, I'm in the wrong place, man
Nothing but, nothing but, nothing but space, man
Nothing but, nothing but, nothing but space, man

I've searched around the universe
Been down some black holes
Nothing but space, man
And I want to go home​

Chrisiam

Hopefully the whole HYYTS thing is a sign of the kind of act that we could expect come February and it isn't them just playing nice with the fans or them getting mislead by their management making them think they were in the running for it when they weren't. I will be honest, I've never heard of them before all of this which isn't a bad thing, I just hope whom ever it is, be they an individual or a group they have a little spark and dynamism to themselves, something which will get people talking and actually stand out more than we have had in quite a while.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Just seen that HYYTS post. If it's genuine it's a shame as they are just the type of act we should be sending to the contest. Hopefully if someone has been picked they are just as good!

ESCConor

Any update yet? my feeling is that we might find out February or March who the artist and song will be.

Chrisiam

Going off past years it will be early Early/Mid-February to late March. Last year it seemed earlier than usual. But we'll get an clearer idea in the next six weeks or so.

Usual things will happen. The people who run the BBC Eurovision Twitter page will remember the password will suddenly post something enigmatic suggesting news soon only for it to be a tease of a Eurovision themed Pointless or Drag Race episode. That Eurovision Rumour page will appear again with an exclusive ""leak"" about who is doing it only to get proven wrong and delete their page before anyone notices. I'll do my Richael Mice tweet to crickets again.

Then the BBC will announce an announcement of an announcement which will culminate in it being revealed on Radio 1 and Radio 2 in front of a largely disinterested radio DJ and a "Eurovision Super Fan" Who will either try to hide the feelings of "Meh" they got from the song/pretend they hadn't heard the song the night before when it will end up leaking on a Czech radio station the night before.

Ianp16

HYYTS band on their Instagram:
Surely they were taking the piss with Darren Styles? He's not released music for over 10 years, has never had a big hit and is pretty much unknown to anyone that doesn't/didn't listen to dance trance. I think they were just joking about the whole thing

I'm 50% fascinated and 50% completely bored of what the BBC will pull out of the hat to represent us this year after 2 last places in a row. Has anyone ever finished last 3 times in a row before? xthinkxthinkxthink

Mimmon

Veteran
Going off past years it will be early Early/Mid-February to late March. Last year it seemed earlier than usual. But we'll get an clearer idea in the next six weeks or so.

Usual things will happen. The people who run the BBC Eurovision Twitter page will remember the password will suddenly post something enigmatic suggesting news soon only for it to be a tease of a Eurovision themed Pointless or Drag Race episode. That Eurovision Rumour page will appear again with an exclusive ""leak"" about who is doing it only to get proven wrong and delete their page before anyone notices. I'll do my Richael Mice tweet to crickets again.

Then the BBC will announce an announcement of an announcement which will culminate in it being revealed on Radio 1 and Radio 2 in front of a largely disinterested radio DJ and a "Eurovision Super Fan" Who will either try to hide the feelings of "Meh" they got from the song/pretend they hadn't heard the song the night before when it will end up leaking on a Czech radio station the night before.
Their Twitter password must be something random like Idon'tremmberthispassword22

Mainshow

Veteran

Thank you for this absolutely entertaining post. It made me realise that Germany ain´t the worst Eurovision participant in terms of selecting its entrant. It´s not something to be proud of or anything but the BBC seems to be even more chaotic, tasteless and incapable of creating some interest in the British Eurovision entry than Germany´s NDR.

DanielLuis

To be fair the BBC announced their selection method and their cooperation with the new record label far sooner that most countries announced anything for 2022.

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
To be fair the BBC announced their selection method and their cooperation with the new record label far sooner that must countries announced anything for 2022.

Indeed BUT the UK was one of the very last countries to even announce its participation in Eurovision 2022 (despite being a sure-fire finalist)

Chrisiam

Cue people on Twitter speculating that the reason they are doing it from Salford is a sign that the act representing the UK this year is from Manchester and they are doing this for some form of local flavour and not because the BBC do a lot of their broadcasting from there.

Mainshow

Veteran
Cue people on Twitter speculating that the reason they are doing it from Salford is a sign that the act representing the UK this year is from Manchester and they are doing this for some form of local flavour and not because the BBC do a lot of their broadcasting from there.

HURTS are from Manchester and they have been very vocal about wanting to represent the UK in Eurovision before.
They cancelled their world tour for their latest album and thus, they seem to have some "time" to do Eurovision.
Also, they are co-signed by a Russian label if I´m not mistaken - expect some huge televoting points from ex-Soviet countries...
Seriously, that would be very clever from the BBC - too clever... and this is why this will never be happening :(

Chrisiam

I am curious however if the move to Salford will have any impact upon how how the act for this year is revealed. I imagine that in all likelihood the Radio 1 and Radio 2 Breakfast Show reveal will be how they end up doing it in the end but there is a part of me that wonders if they might do a reveal show. It would help build a little hype up for the act and we'd get a chance to hear them live (or at least "as live") and it would at least deal with the issue of having to do the big reveal on Radio shows with presenters that couldn't care less about any of it pretending otherwise.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
tbh I was more expecting people to think moving to Salford = less effort and casting it off to nowhere, when that isn't even close to true. Manchester is such a hub for great music and talent.

Mrm

Veteran
If she looses in Ireland I'd like Rachel Goode to represent the UK in Turin!

xmusic xmusic xmusic

ESCConor

interesting.

Ben Mawson: "We're getting really close to making our final decision. We have lots of options and have been pleasantly surprised by how many wonderful artists, both new and more established, want to be part of this process with us." "We look forward to sharing news shortly."

Leigh Anne even commented and encoraged Little Mix to support the artist, so perhaps it indicates might be someone established.

So it looks like an announcement is pretty imminent.

Top Bottom