Contact us

United Kingdom UNITED KINGDOM 2022

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

AshleyWright

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

Well he seems to be saying many of the right sorts of things, it's not political, focus should be on finding a really special song that represents Britain in the best way, the British public need to actually get behind it. However i'll remain rightfully skeptical about anything said until I hear the entry. It's nothing super new that we haven't heard before.

Last edited:

GianlucaTomoe

These announcements of partnerships of BBC with these labels don't bring anything new or concrete to the table. If it's an internal choice, what difference does it make? None, we still have to wait until the entry is released, which is the same thing as for every internal choice.

theditz83

Veteran
The mention of Dua Lipa and Ellie Goulding will send some into a frenzy, but the team behind those artists won't always produce hit after hit - sure, the right song is important but it means nothing without artists that the public will get behind. Promotion and PR is key - flirt with Europe's media like never before and maybe we can avoid a double 0 again.

I stand in the cautiously skeptical corner with Ashley right now ;)

Ianp16

I feel positive about this!

Let's face it, the team that are responsible for turning around the UK's ESC fortunes have A LOT to get right and to contend with. And even then, nothing is guaranteed with eurovision. If they can get us a top 5 then that will be a massive, massive achievement.

AshleyWright

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I feel positive about this!

Let's face it, the team that are responsible for turning around the UK's ESC fortunes have A LOT to get right and to contend with. And even then, nothing is guaranteed with eurovision. If they can get us a top 5 then that will be a massive, massive achievement.

It's easy to feel excited and positive for it, I want to and hope that something super exceptional is coming our way for 2022. I hate that the UK and BBC get constantly shit on every year like it's trendy with fans to hate but we've been burned so many times in the past by the BBC that anything positive is looked at with suspicion.

AshleyWright

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Also someone on .net pointed out that Chelcee Grimes who was involved in our coverage last year, has written songs for Roxen and Rybak is herself part of TaP. So could seem like a possible candidate.

Chrisiam

I dunno, I am sceptical about it. We got the same kind of song and dance when BMG where brought into this and we know what came next. And despite that being a fine starting point that soon bit the dust after one act. Hell, by the looks of things they wouldn't have even done Eurovision this year hadn't Newman wanted to do it.

I mean I'd LOVE to be wrong here and that they put forwards something that really will blow me away but for now I am tempering my expectations.

Huwchie

I’m feeling pretty optimistic . I feel really encouraged that there’s someone who is currently a relevant music manager who is responsible for the act /song, not just “BMG” or god forbid, Pete Waterman like we had in 2010.

Its obviously really early days but I’ll take this over some of the “home bargains” equivalent of songs we had to choose from previous bbc you decide one night selection shows.

ESCConor

I was just looking at the Artists TaP have on their roster and I have to say its a lot smaller than BMGs.

The other observation is that TaP have a lot of young artists, which is exactly the right direction imo.

But the signs are very interesting, I think the BBC made the right move ditching BMG and going for a smaller label.

ESCConor

BMG wasnt giving it enough effort as well imo, whilst James was a great representive for us last year, the song itself was a complete let down. My Last Breath would of done far better than Embers.

Grinch

First time in years, I feel excited :eek:

MopManMoss

I want to feel positive about this announcement but BMG is a hugely successful in the music industry and they gave us James Newman

Charly

History repeats itself, bold statemnts on something good the label claims to bring then in the end a flop. BMG and TaP said the same thing but we will see if TaP lives to its promise or turns out like another BMG flop

Chrisiam

I suppose one possible take away from this News is that it means the chances of someone from Drag Race ending up doing the contest for the UK in '22 have gone down a bit. Though that still won't stop most panicking until after we get the act named.

I bims

Don't know what will be worse:

A. Another horrible entry and crying Brits all over social media "Eurovision is beneath us anyway!!!111 >:'C"
B. A good result/ A UK win and cocky Brits all over social media "We told you, you are beneath us!!! C:<"
C. The Frock Destroyers.

Romeo

From the acts I have seen I think Joshua Speers would be a good guess

Mainshow

Veteran
I agree with what has been said in this thread. We all have heard this before... and BMG didn't even try.. we got the worst British entry and performance since Electro Velvet. All the comments on how "Europe hates the UK" deeply concerns me.. like... don't they have the ability to reflect on themselves? You can't submit one of the dullest entries of all time performed by a mediocre vocalist accompanied by one of the most ridiculous stagings of the night and expect to NOT end up being last.

I just hope that Dua Lipa's manager will come up with something great this time but he seriously has to go into a whole different direction than BBC and BMG..

I haven't heard a competitive entry from the UK in Eurovision since 2011 (and that performance was mediocre to vocally unlistenable as well).

Ajeje Brazorf

Don't know what will be worse:

A. Another horrible entry and crying Brits all over social media "Eurovision is beneath us anyway!!!111 >:'C"
B. A good result/ A UK win and cocky Brits all over social media "We told you, you are beneath us!!! C:<"
C. The Frock Destroyers.

D - A song not so horrible or not so horribly staged to come dead last. And yes, this is my pick. Btw, it's curious to think that Uk and Ireland started doing poorly in Eurovision when the language rule was abolished.

Top Bottom