Oh, I'm in the wrong place, man
Nothing but, nothing but, nothing but space, man
Nothing but, nothing but, nothing but space, man

I've searched around the universe
Been down some black holes
Nothing but space, man
And I want to go home​

Rocket man

Shame he missed out on the Best New Artist award (Wet Leg won it), but I bet there will be more accolades in his future - he's just getting started after all :)
Speaking of Wet Leg, the UK should so have English Morris dancers in Eurovision one year, like Wet Leg had in this years BRITS performance. I thought they made it look pretty cool and I never thought I'd say that about Morris dancing.

Andromache

I checked his album out and it's so good! One of my favorite albums right now. He is a great artist. Best entry the UK has ever send.

JenJen94

It's a fabulous album isn't it?

Plus Mountain is probably going to get into the charts too this week! Yay!!

esc87fan

His song with Brian May, "Fought and Lost", is currently #25 on the iTunes pop singles chart here in Canada

Marcos C

Sam has parted ways with his record label. He explains why in the following Instagram Reel. The gist is that most of the team with whom Sam worked closely were let go by the label due to restructuring.

Sam Ryder's Instagram Reel

Last edited:

Rocket man

Sam Ryder is going to get another top 10 hit in the UK with his Christmas song.

I feel that this song though was the one that got away. Still love this song.

esc87fan

Sam Ryder is going to get another top 10 hit in the UK with his Christmas song.

I feel that this song though was the one that got away. Still love this song.
The Official Charts Company is reporting that Sam's challenging Wham's "Last Christmas" for the UK #1 spot this week as the race for this year's Christmas #1 begins on Friday (which was blown wide open due to LadBaby not participating) - it's very close between those two songs with The Pogues' "Fairytale of New York" and Mariah's "All I Want For Christmas" hot on their heels

Marcos C

The Official Charts Company is reporting that Sam's challenging Wham's "Last Christmas" for the UK #1 spot this week as the race for this year's Christmas #1 begins on Friday (which was blown wide open due to LadBaby not participating) - it's very close between those two songs with The Pogues' "Fairytale of New York" and Mariah's "All I Want For Christmas" hot on their heels
"Put a Light on Me" is a really cool song by Sam. It would be great if it becomes the Christmas number one.

I'm looking foward to listening to the Christmas edition of The Official Chart on Friday, December 22 via BBC Sounds. For those who are interested, the show will begin at 5:00 pm CET / 4:00 pm GMT / 11:00 am EST, with the announcement of the Christmas number one being made just over 90 minutes later.

Rocket man

"Put a Light on Me" is a really cool song by Sam. It would be great if it becomes the Christmas number one.

I'm looking foward to listening to the Christmas edition of The Official Chart on Friday, December 22 via BBC Sounds. For those who are interested, the show will begin at 5:00 pm CET / 4:00 pm GMT / 11:00 am EST, with the announcement of the Christmas number one being made just over 90 minutes later.

Oh, I meant Sam Ryder's Christmas song is called "You're Christmas To Me" :) It's a music exclusive only on Amazon at the moment which is why I wasn't able to upload the video for that song. I just went with "Put A Light On Me" because it's one of his underrated songs.
Sam Ryder's also working on album 2 as well now, so it won't be long until there's more new music from him, he has a lot of goodwill in the UK music industry and I can see him continue to have success.

Marcos C

Oh, I meant Sam Ryder's Christmas song is called "You're Christmas To Me" :) It's a music exclusive only on Amazon at the moment which is why I wasn't able to upload the video for that song. I just went with "Put A Light On Me" because it's one of his underrated songs.
Sam Ryder's also working on album 2 as well now, so it won't be long until there's more new music from him, he has a lot of goodwill in the UK music industry and I can see him continue to have success.
Thanks for the clarification. Since Sam's Christmas song is only on Amazon Music, it will be difficult for the song to compete with more established Christmas songs by Wham!, Mariah Carey, and the Pogues. However, I wish him the best as he continues to have a successful music career.

esc87fan

That's his second top 10 UK single, to go with "Space Man" which hit #2. Now the race for Christmas #1 has started... Go Sam!

esc87fan

Marcos C

Sam Ryder's "You're Christmas to Me" is number two on the UK's Official Chart this week. He is very happy about the song's placement on the chart.

Wham!'s "Last Christmas" is this year's Christmas number one.

Top Bottom