Nothing but, nothing but, nothing but space, man

I've searched around the universe
Been down some black holes
Nothing but space, man
And I want to go home​

Sean

Admin
Staff member
I heard Space Man in a shop today. I'm still astonished how much he smashed the Eurovision experience this year, it's insane from the UK.

ESC_Peggy

I heard Space Man in a shop today. I'm still astonished how much he smashed the Eurovision experience this year, it's insane from the UK.

Sam’s record label are really great and they wanted him to be one of their breakout artists for 2022 after he did his first tour in 2021.

Sam put his hand over his ears and went “lalala” every time someone told him the UK could never do well at Eurovision.

Sam and Adam Lambert were hanging out backstage yesterday at Queen it’s nice they are pals.

Last edited:

HarryUK

I just love how much of a commercial success Sam and the song are now. Most people would have heard the song by now, it’s playing everywhere still and it’s even popular among the younger generation - something the UK has sent to Eurovision in the last 20 years!

esc87fan

Sam will be performing in South Korea in October as part of the Slow Life Slow Live Festival

ESC_Peggy

Oh my God, Sam's new song is so good!

I like the song. However I agree with some comments that I’ve seen from his long time fans. This is what major record companies try box and mainstream singers with genuine talent. Sad really if it’s true as he has raw talent and great potential like “Tiny Riot” and “Somebody” isn’t 100% showcasing his talent. His Extended Play was really great. Unfortunately it happens all the time with big labels like Warner, Columbia and Sony. His label are always talking about how much they love him but I will riot if they are trying to strip his musical identity.

Sigala hinted his next release will be the one with Sam and David Guetta.

Last edited:

ChiversLookDivine

I like the song. However I agree with some comments that I’ve seen from his long time fans. This is what major record companies try box and mainstream singers with genuine talent. Sad really if it’s true as he has raw talent and great potential like “Tiny Riot” and “Somebody” isn’t 100% showcasing his talent. His Extended Play was really great. Unfortunately it happens all the time with big labels like Warner, Columbia and Sony. His label are always talking about how much they love him but I will riot if they are trying to strip his musical identity.

Sigala hinted his next release will be the one with Sam and David Guetta.

I know a lot has been made of Maneskin's music since going 'mainstream', and I'd agree that Supermodel was a major step down from their older stuff.

The thing with Sam's EP and songs like Tiny Riot, More and Whirlwind is that they all felt very different to each other. They were all unmistakably Sam, but each song had its own identity. I would say that Somebody still feels very Sam and has his fingerprints all over it. The gap between Zitti e Buoni and Supermodel was absolutely enormous; the gap between More and Somebody is tiny.

I will reserve judgement until we get the album later this year, but I hope the majority of the album retains the feel of his EP in terms of each song feeling separate. Too many singers right now just release the same song over and over again and I don't want the same with Sam.

Right now I'm happy, I really don't feel like he's been stripped of any identity whatsoever.

Rocket man

A winter ballad, new album coming out in December.

I think Sam Ryder is finding himself more and more as an artist and where he fits in the music industry. His tour across Europe has been sold out so people definitely want to see him live, I think he just needs more hit songs.

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
Celebrating the release of his new album ‘There's Nothing But Space, Man!’, Sam Ryder will be meeting fans and signing copies of the album at the hmv store(s) below. Sam will perform live and then sign albums at hmv Vault, Birmingham only.

Access to these events is limited to wristband holders only, pre-order the album + event entry bundle below to secure your place (subject to availability, while stocks last).

hmv Manchester

Date: Dec 9, 2022 Event start time:1:00pm

hmv Westfield London

Date: Dec 10, 2022 Event start time:3:00pm

hmv Liverpool

Date: Dec 12, 2022 Event start time:1:00pm

hmv Birmingham Vault

Date: Dec 13, 2022 Event start time:12:00pm

hmv Chelmsford

Date: Dec 14, 2022 Event start time:1:00pm

hmv Colchester

Date: Dec 14, 2022 Event start time:5:00pm