Oh, I'm in the wrong place, man
Nothing but, nothing but, nothing but space, man
Nothing but, nothing but, nothing but space, man

I've searched around the universe
Been down some black holes
Nothing but space, man
And I want to go home​

ChiversLookDivine

Rylan at least does his research and seems interested in the contest. Scott never seems bothered, is super lazy with his commentary and just generally acts as if he's above the whole thing. I really dislike that he's still involved but at least it's an in to Radio 1.

What on earth were they thinking with that skit?!

So the leading theory on Twitter is that the BBC has found out that the UK is genuinely one of the favourites this year and has gone into 'let's ruin our entry' mode, which explains why they got a Finnish radio station to interview a fake Sam Ryder for 'laughs'.

Personally, I think it's just that Scott Mills is a classic flip-flopper. He put on a serious act two weeks ago when they unveiled the song, and the week after he made that grandiose "let's all get behind our song" speech. I guess maybe he felt this week that he should make jokes about it? Maybe with the station refusing to playlist the song he just can't give a damn?

Here are the TWO clips of Scott mocking our entry on the radio.
To any non-Brits, this should explain what it's like being a British Eurofan. When your own broadcaster is saying things like this, it's a damn uphill struggle to convince casuals and normies that Eurovision is worth bothering with.

Chrisiam

Now there is a part of me that hopes the UK wins just so I can watch the BBC go into panic mode.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I really don't think it's that deep in that the BBC are self sabotaging, for one the BBC is huge organisation and to get different departments so intune speaking about Eurovision let alone sabotaging would be a task.

Scott Mills is your classic narcissit through and through. He clearly thinks hes absolute hot shit and acts like it. Mocking Eurovision is all the cool thing so naturally he does it. This attitude extends to outside of Eurovision also, I remember when Liam Payne released 'Familiar' with South American singer J Balvin and Scott referred to J Balvin as some random irrelevant no one from South America. When in fact at the time he had songs with Billions of views and many more hitting 100s of millions. That says all you need to know about him. Hes trash and I hate that hes a commentator for Eurovision here.

goncalovieira

Doing Eurovision commentary is such a dream for some tv hosts around Europe and then, we have BBC hosts. 😂

Chrisiam

Well by song nine he is on the wine. And if I was getting paid to drink and watch Eurovision whilst giving off sassy comments I'd enjoy it too.

ChiversLookDivine

Doing Eurovision commentary is such a dream for some tv hosts around Europe and then, we have BBC hosts. 😂

If Rylan did the semi-final commentary and also led Radio 1's coverage, I wouldn't mind so much. He's genuinely a big fan.

Graham is also wonderful, he's like Terry Wogan but his withering sarcasm is far funnier and comes without the bitterness.

It's literally just Scott, like he said he feels like the BBC's final remnants of Terry Wogan.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I like Graham as a commentator, I know hes controversial among fans but as its said above his sarcasm is funnier and isn't tinged with resentment and bitterness like Terry Wogans was. Rylan I judged too early, because hes good at it. I actually missed his presence last year to balance out Scott. He knows the songs and does what he needs to reasonably well. Scott really just needs to go, but some reason hangs on around like a bad smell in one way or another.

jeriswani

And he did a decent job at first, only as time went by he, well, got to where he is now.
I do find think this is a lot to do with how the UK performs in Eurovision that causes this behaviour. I fear if things don’t tick up, Graham I’ll end up the same. Terry was great in his early years. When Celine Dion won and the UK media was having a moan about them losing by a point Terry Wogan was the voice of reason but as the show when on and the UK started to do worse and worse Wogan seemed to just really hate it. Andy Abraham was the last straw for him ( TBH he didnt deserve last place).

I do think the UK does get a hard time in Eurovision which obviously looks a lot worse because of the AQ. We haven’t had a top 10 finish in 13 (2009) years. Sorry but that’s just unacceptable. To put that into perspective. Ireland, North Macedonia, Poland, Latvia, Czech Republic have managed to get a Top10 finish within that time. Compared to the other big 5 Spain have been in the top 10 twice. Germany 4 times ( including a win). France 2 times. Italy 8 times!!

There’s actually no excuse that can be use. they simply aren’t trying. That’s why they have handed everything over to tap music to sort out. The BBC should just play the song on the radio and keep quiet. They are complete poison when it comes to this contest and if it was up to me I would’ve stripped them from the rights to Eurovision a long time ago.

They have ruined everything about this contest repetition in the country, all because they haven’t been getting the results they wanted. They sent a crap song in 2003 it got 0 points then decided to blame it on politics so the finger wouldn’t rightly be pointed at themselves and people believed it because the BBC control the media.

I hope Sam does well and if he does it will be in spite of the BBC not because of it.

ChiversLookDivine

There’s actually no excuse that can be use. they simply aren’t trying. That’s why they have handed everything over to tap music to sort out. The BBC should just play the song on the radio and keep quiet. They are complete poison when it comes to this contest and if it was up to me I would’ve stripped them from the rights to Eurovision a long time ago.

They have ruined everything about this contest repetition in the country, all because they haven’t been getting the results they wanted. They sent a crap song in 2003 it got 0 points then decided to blame it on politics so the finger wouldn’t rightly be pointed at themselves and people believed it because the BBC control the media.

I hope Sam does well and if he does it will be in spite of the BBC not because of it.

I noticed last year and especially this year that a lot of the usual EBU hate has been directed at the BBC rather than Eurovision itself. Hell, I remember the Daily Mail posting an article when James Newman came last that blamed the BBC rather than Brexit or the usual suspects.

I wonder if the BBC is trying this year because as a company they're on rocky ground? There's been growing resentment towards the BBC in recent years from all sides of the political spectrum, some accuse them of Tory bias, the Tories accuse them of left-bias. There's been years worth of complaints about overpaid presenters and the license fee and all the usual talking points. The Tories have been looking to dismantle the BBC for some years now, they're installing another Tory peer in charge of Ofcom... maybe the BBC need to get some national support again?

Perhaps the Beeb have realised that they need to try because doing badly at Eurovision is a reflection of their waning importance as a broadcaster? 2 last-placed finishes and the double 0 might have been the kick up the arse they need to put some effort in, if nothing else than to restore their own image. Believe me, if Sam Ryder does well the BBC will attempt to soak up all the plaudits themselves.

yulara

wouah, I don't remember when was the last time I liked a uk song. but this one is a :10: pts (only because I'm fond of the french entry this year).
it makes me think of David Bowie, a mix between Space oddity and Life on Mars.
For the staging, please something like Australia in 2019, that would be gorgeous xyaaay

Rocket man

I do find think this is a lot to do with how the UK performs in Eurovision that causes this behaviour. I fear if things don’t tick up, Graham I’ll end up the same. Terry was great in his early years. When Celine Dion won and the UK media was having a moan about them losing by a point Terry Wogan was the voice of reason but as the show when on and the UK started to do worse and worse Wogan seemed to just really hate it. Andy Abraham was the last straw for him ( TBH he didnt deserve last place).

I do think the UK does get a hard time in Eurovision which obviously looks a lot worse because of the AQ. We haven’t had a top 10 finish in 13 (2009) years. Sorry but that’s just unacceptable. To put that into perspective. Ireland, North Macedonia, Poland, Latvia, Czech Republic have managed to get a Top10 finish within that time. Compared to the other big 5 Spain have been in the top 10 twice. Germany 4 times ( including a win). France 2 times. Italy 8 times!!

Well said. I agree about giving Eurovision rights to a different channel, for me the BBC has gone downhill A LOT recently, there's a lack of professionalism about them now. I used to see the BBC as a channel that could always be relied upon to be the voice of reason and mature broadcasting, instead they now resort to trashy behaviour because they think that is what brings them the viewers. However in the long run, they only damage the BBC brand.

TaP music are much more passionate about Eurovision and understand the potentials of taking the contest seriously, I just pray that Europe recognises this through Sam Ryder and the UK does well, because if TaP music give up hope too, then the UK's chances could be doomed if the BBC have full control over the UK Eurovision entries.

StephenMuckle

There was an idiot Tory MP on GB News badmouthing Eurovision, and saying that he hopes Ukraine wins because it will be an obviously political win that will make the contest look bad. He also spouted the usual "waste of taxpayers money" , "We are the most hated country in Europe" BS we normally hear.

Rocket man

There was an idiot Tory MP on GB News badmouthing Eurovision, and saying that he hopes Ukraine wins because it will be an obviously political win that will make the contest look bad. He also spouted the usual "waste of taxpayers money" , "We are the most hated country in Europe" BS we normally hear.
Such an ignorant comment from him.

Rocket man

wouah, I don't remember when was the last time I liked a uk song. but this one is a :10: pts (only because I'm fond of the french entry this year).
it makes me think of David Bowie, a mix between Space oddity and Life on Mars.
For the staging, please something like Australia in 2019, that would be gorgeous xyaaay
Sam's staging could be something similar to Star Wars, this is only based on Sam posting a few Star Wars references recently.

I just hope the staging is not just Sam with his band on stage with just some pretty background, that would just be really boring and goodbye public votes. It's Eurovision so put on a show but still keep it classy so you don't scare away the juries.

Jonkonfui

Between this comment, your homophobic/racist comments in Italy's thread, and the way you derail every other thread you walk into, I wish you would just stay quiet unless you actually had something useful to say.
Define 'useful'... Homophobic/ racist comments?? Wooowww I am a bad person am i not?

Jonkonfui

Not every thread, I think hes doing it only to the songs that are being considered bigger favourites than Chanel at this moment.
In a day he wrote this on here, a similar comment on Italy, called Greece a toilet break song and writes negative comments on Sweden every day, even if he admits he has never listened to Hold me closer, only a snippet of it on a youtube top.
Do I smell a bit of fear for Chanel, @Jonkonfui? :p I barely miss out on things like that!
Of course you can dislike any song you want and express your opinion ( thats why we are on a forum ) but Im seeing a pattern here, you come back with very negative comments to these entries again and again.
You are a follower!!! I dont choose where I write based on anything... It is a bit at random.
You see a pattern in my posts??? You are not only a follower but you actually study my posts!!! Boy/girl you will get far in life.
Off the record - can you please quote any post of mine where I say Chanel will/must win? (That is very risky of me since I write so much shit that I might have written just that somewhere... But anyway I accept my own challenge).

ArmpitOfEurope

You are a follower!!! I dont choose where I write based on anything... It is a bit at random.
You see a pattern in my posts??? You are not only a follower but you actually study my posts!!! Boy/girl you will get far in life.
Off the record - can you please quote any post of mine where I say Chanel will/must win? (That is very risky of me since I write so much shit that I might have written just that somewhere... But anyway I accept my own challenge).

I am not following your posts, they just have a drunk energy thats hard to overlook :ROFLMAO:

Jonkonfui

I am not following your posts, they just have a drunk energy thats hard to overlook :ROFLMAO:
Then how do you know my posts follow a pattern or donknowwhat? How do you know in which threads do I post? Please focus!. In here we expect people to post coherent and smart comments...
Do you know that alcoholism is an illness? Very bad of you to make fun of such a tragic situation...

Top Bottom