Oh, I'm in the wrong place, man
Nothing but, nothing but, nothing but space, man
Nothing but, nothing but, nothing but space, man

I've searched around the universe
Been down some black holes
Nothing but space, man
And I want to go home​

Jonkonfui

I think this year UK will send that woman who was on You got talent or smthng and was ugly and they were laughing at her and then she sang well and they were all like ooo prejudices, beauty is inside and we all fell for this. And after that we are all better persons...
I am sorry i am bored on a train and i need to write something.

revallsay

@SamRyderMusic Italian colours! A clue he is heading there for Eurovision. @bbceurovision @tapmusic tapm https://t.co/e9gETh7QpE

XD I wonder if this is just promotoin of his career Doda style or he is going

Chrisiam

So, I just checked on Radio 1 and Radio 2's schedules to see if there was any mention in the show listings for the Eurovision reveal. And yeah, I know they aren't going to be dumb enough to say who it is there, but, I'm kind of surprised there isn't even a sentence saying something along the lines of "And we have the first play of the UK's song for Eurovision this year" and there is nothing. Nothing on either of the Breakfast shows and nothing in the others shows mentioning it. Not even on Radio 2. Well, maybe on Radio 1 if it turns out it is Florence Welch from Florence and the Machine and the Sam Ryder craze has just given them so much cover they can just practically state it is her without anyone being any the wiser.

So goodness only knows what the hell is happening with the BBC this year to not even give it a passing mention in the listings. Which, sure, again, they aren't going to give the game away, but could they not even be bothered to do an extra line?

Loindici

Veteran
Starting from now, BBC is only the abbreviation for Big Black Cloocks. Broadcaster who?

Cestrian18

So, I just checked on Radio 1 and Radio 2's schedules to see if there was any mention in the show listings for the Eurovision reveal. And yeah, I know they aren't going to be dumb enough to say who it is there, but, I'm kind of surprised there isn't even a sentence saying something along the lines of "And we have the first play of the UK's song for Eurovision this year" and there is nothing. Nothing on either of the Breakfast shows and nothing in the others shows mentioning it. Not even on Radio 2. Well, maybe on Radio 1 if it turns out it is Florence Welch from Florence and the Machine and the Sam Ryder craze has just given them so much cover they can just practically state it is her without anyone being any the wiser.

So goodness only knows what the hell is happening with the BBC this year to not even give it a passing mention in the listings. Which, sure, again, they aren't going to give the game away, but could they not even be bothered to do an extra line?
I agree, this year's reveal has been downright weird, nothing at all from the BBC, no Graham Norton tease, no listen to Radio 1 at this time type thing, nothing, it's almost like an afterthought. I wonder whether the situation in Ukraine is what's meant this is lower key than usual.

Kitakaze

It’s odd indeed but altogether in keeping with the general blasé attitude they always have right up until the last minute. Not entirely sure why they’re holding out on confirmation when it’s clearly Sam Ryder, unless they really do have some morbid significance attached to that 7,000th tweet which in their eyes is even more prestigious than a midweek lunchtime spot on Radio 2. Probably though, they really did attempt a different approach in releasing the song in advance before officially announcing it. A pity it seems to have backfired though with the same negativity as always despite the leap in quality.

ChiversLookDivine

The only way they can justify the total lack of hype AND the total lack of communication at this point is if it's a huge artist being announced tomorrow, a London Grammar, Oh Wonder, Jessie J, Paloma Faith type.

If it turns out to be Sam Ryder after all this then the announcement will fall flat on its face. Sam Ryder is a good choice, and the idea of dropping the song ahead of time and letting it breathe before being tarnished with Eurovision could have worked - but sadly the hardcore fans knew who it was ages ago, and they're the same sort of fans who should be sat there with bated breath tomorrow for the announcement when we sorta maybe already know who it is. It will be a big wet fart of an announcement and that's not what you want.

I want to wake up tomorrow and find out that they've revamped Space Man to be more acoustic, or Sam Ryder is sending a different song, or somehow we're sending someone even better. I'll still be happy if it's just Sam Ryder - Space Man but damn it the announcement will feel so lame and half-hearted that I think it'll actually harm any momentum or excitement it could build.

ChiversLookDivine

Well it's gone back to private, obviously some intern at ESC forgot to schedule it, oops.

From what I saw of the music video, it's actually got a bit of creativity and thought put into it so I'm now 1000% more hopeful for our staging. Also getting a strong reaction from Europe on Twitter which fills me with some hope.

Loindici

Veteran
Not Eurovision dropping the video before the announcement. Anyway, best entry we’ve had in a very, very long time.
wait, who is it?

EDIT: nevermind, it's Space Man by Sam Ryder

Loindici

Veteran
With the 'dreadful' year we're having, it's nice to see UK actually has a chance to win this year -- I mean, that song might sound okay in the studio version but if performed well, this will IMPRESS live.

ChiversLookDivine

I might have ragged on the song the last week or two, but Space Man has grown on me a lot, I find myself either humming that chorus or In Corpore Sano. The best review I can give it is that I like it enough to actually stick it on my Spotify playlists and listen to it, which is more than I can say for any British entry this century (except for Molly, loved that song...)

If it's staged like the music video it'll do well. Less is more, and maybe some intimate 'Voila' staging that shows off Sam's personality.

Top Bottom