Oh, I'm in the wrong place, man
Nothing but, nothing but, nothing but space, man
Nothing but, nothing but, nothing but space, man

I've searched around the universe
Been down some black holes
Nothing but space, man
And I want to go home​

Chrisiam

Well it might be that she knows who is representing the UK or that she has had a hand in the selection process or might have written the song. Or she is simply doing her part to help build hype for the act whomever it might be so that maybe she can throw her hat into the ring in 2023 if things go well this year.

But we'll soon see, I am imaging we'll likely find out by mid-February, I can't see the UK being amongst the last to reveal an act this year but it still wouldn't surprise me if it was.

Iker

Veteran
Will UK manage to outbland their previous bland efforts this time around? Is it possible?

Chrisiam

To be fair that is providing that the reveal is to be believed. It feels weird that some random commercial radio DJ would know who is representing the UK possibly weeks ahead of the reveal. They might have just heard a rumour and presumed it to be true and said it thinking that it had already been announced.

Or there are people in the BBC right now banging their heads against the wall that someone stole their thunder like this.

I mean, either way, you can tell Eurovision has started for real now the "leaks" are happening.

ESCConor

I recon its bad research.

There would be a completely watertight embargo from the BBC on who is representing the UK and perhaps things like NDAs as well, I dont the BBC would be stupid enough to let things like this slip.

Last edited:

Lance Esgard

Well, if it is this person, she's had quite a varied career. Could also make Eurovision history for going from Eurovision commentator to entrant (can't think of any other cases off the top of my head where it happened that way round).

But she makes me think of James Newman as an established songwriter who isn't an established singer...

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Yeah the BBC don't really do leaks like that, and as an announcement it wouldn't come from Smooth Radio.

The choice does feel very suitable and in line with many expectations people have had so the mistake is kinda sus. BBC Eurovision Twitter coming to life though to announce Scott Mills and Rylan as semi final commentators means we will be getting news fairly soon.

Ianp16

Its looking like it might have been bad research as ESCConor said:

There as also another tweet she made to someone saying "Don't believe everything you hear", so unless she is being super coy about it its a nothing burger.

Why would the presenter say this if it didn't have some truth in it? It must be true if someone from within the UK entertainment industry is making such a confident announcement. Oh dear.

Chrisiam

Well, its happening again. Rumours of Fleur East doing the contest for the UK are surfacing again. Though this time the source is a Radio DJ at the same station she presents at and by all accounts is just stirring the pot. And despite the fact we almost went through the same stuff last week with Grimes people are taking it on face value and are gonna be tweeting about it for the next few days.

But hey, its a sign Eurovision season is well underway, and maybe it will summon that Eurovision leak page back into life to confirm/deconfirm the rumours and propose an alternative that will be equally as false!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
.net rumours is that it could be Claudia Valentina, she had a photoshoot last week and is in the process of filming a new video. The other name is Sam Ryder because the founders of Tap recently followed him and Sam himself followed Lucie Jones, John Newman and Chelcee Grimes in the last quarter.

Iker

Veteran
I've heard some rumours that My Dying Bride will represent the United Kingdom with something similar to their cheerful, latin influenced bops like The Cry of Mankind!

']

Last edited:

StephenMuckle

Some pretty strange activity going on at the BBC's Eurovision Twitter account. They have unfollowed almost everybody they are following. Has it been hacked or something?

Top Bottom