Oh, I'm in the wrong place, man
Nothing but, nothing but, nothing but space, man
Nothing but, nothing but, nothing but space, man

I've searched around the universe
Been down some black holes
Nothing but space, man
And I want to go home​

ChiversLookDivine

First time in a while that the UKs odds havent gone down following the song release, weird feeling

In another first, not only is it #1 on the UK iTunes chart, it's also charting in other countries charts. Last I checked it's in the iTunes Top 100 for Belgium, France, Switzerland and Netherlands.

I'm sure this happens to lots of entries most years, but it never happens to the UK and especially 2 months out from the contest.

crashworld

Veteran
Not to dampen his efforts or anything, but iTunes charts is barely an indication a song is going to do well. I believe iTunes sales have been in a deep slump ever since streaming takes over. True indication of whether the song has an impact is whether it's doing well streaming wise.

MopManMoss

Veteran
Not to dampen his efforts or anything, but iTunes charts is barely an indication a song is going to do well. I believe iTunes sales have been in a deep slump ever since streaming takes over. True indication of whether the song has an impact is whether it's doing well streaming wise.
Its more so that this just doesnt happen to UK entries rather than iTunes charts being a useful metric for success

crashworld

Veteran
Its more so that this just doesnt happen to UK entries rather than iTunes charts being a useful metric for success

But that's like saying just because he's getting let's say 100 sales more than the previous UK efforts and that's he's going to do better than the other UK efforts in the contest? I mean, sure, that's one way to see it.

Anyway, at this point, he can't get any worse than a double-zero feature. So the worst he's going to get is to match last year's record, which I doubt so.

I'm just very skeptical about its chances of it hitting the left hand side of the score board like so many people think it would. There's just this gut feeling of mine that it'll get some appreciation but will still languish in the bottom 5 in the end. Can't see this troubling the top 15. But of course, anything that is higher than the last position is an achievement for the UK.

jeriswani

But that's like saying just because he's getting let's say 100 sales more than the previous UK efforts and that's he's going to do better than the other UK efforts in the contest? I mean, sure, that's one way to see it.

Anyway, at this point, he can't get any worse than a double-zero feature. So the worst he's going to get is to match last year's record, which I doubt so.

I'm just very skeptical about its chances of it hitting the left hand side of the score board like so many people think it would. There's just this gut feeling of mine that it'll get some appreciation but will still languish in the bottom 5 in the end. Can't see this troubling the top 15. But of course, anything that is higher than the last position is an achievement for the UK.
Well the betting odds and the peoples reaction the to song would have to be very wrong for your gut feeling to be right.

I bims

Veteran
This entry really gives me Top 8 - 15 vibes unlike our german song. I can see how casual viewers might really enjoy it because it's mainstream but still different enough, his voice is interesting and he seems like a cool authentic guy. The juries will probably give some love to this as well because they usually give high marks for good vocal performances.

It's also quite the earworm, the "I'm up in space, maaaaaaan" really sticks. And that will help in May for sure.

Sammy

Veteran
It‘s not bad, but I‘m not enthousiastic about it either. As a matter of fact, I liked Embers better before I saw the staging. Considering the outcome, I cross my fingers for the UK.
On the other hand, „Bigger than us“ was in my top 3. xroflxrofl

mauve

Veteran
It‘s not bad, but I‘m not enthousiastic about it either. As a matter of fact, I liked Embers better before I saw the staging. Considering the outcome, I cross my fingers for the UK.
On the other hand, „Bigger than us“ was in my top 3. xroflxrofl
None of these last years' entries by UK could impress or touch me in any way unfortunately. I am waiting for the next year and hope that I can fall in love with an UK-entry once in my life. I have been waiting for years and years hoping. UK - let my fate end next year. Until then I keep waiting with patience. xwait

UnitedKingdom

At this point I think I might actually be offended if we don’t come last, it’s tradition now. I want the hat trick in a row. I’m worried he’ll get thrown a few points for his TikTok status (and he does have a fantastic voice in my opinion).

Lance Esgard

I can say this much for it: this sounds really British. I think that's why it has grown on me as I've listened to it. I don't expect it to fare better than other UK entries (I gotta wait until the staging before I can get my hopes up for the UK) but I at least find myself appreciating it more than other recent UK entries. There's something about the song that feels more in the spirit of Eurovision to me, at least comparatively so. I don't mind the falsetto, although I might have enjoyed a lower register more, although as that isn't there in the version we do have I can't know for sure.

Ladynoir

I absolutely love this song, I've put it 2nd in my top. I really wasn't expecting to enjoy an UK entry in my lifetime. 😂 This is totally the type of song that I listen to outside of Eurovision. It's very British without overdoing it.

Honestly, if it end in the bottom 5 again especially in a year like this... Idk what else they can do.

hungo

Better than last year but I dont think it can reach the left side of the scoreboard. Especially if UK will mess up the staging like they usually do.

Betwixt Tales

I liked the song well enough, but I just keep hearing Elton John's 'Rocket Man' in my head. It's two British artists, both singing about a space man. xwave

"And I think it's gonna be a long, long time, till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home. Oh no, no, no, I'm a rocket man. Rocket man!"

UnitedKingdom

I liked the song well enough, but I just keep hearing Elton John's 'Rocket Man' in my head. It's two British artists, both singing about a space man. xwave

"And I think it's gonna be a long, long time, till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home. Oh no, no, no, I'm a rocket man. Rocket man!"
I’d go as far as to say a cheap knock off of that very song especially with the recent mini revival of that song courtesy of Dua Lipa.

Back to #OperationLastPlace, I‘m also a little concerned we might accidentally get thrown points from countries mistaking his look for one of the Scandinavian countries.

To clarify I like Sam, i like his voice, i just dont think the songs a winner. The UK will always be near the bottom unless they send an absolute storming outright winner that cannot be denied. Sending something worth Top 10/Top 15, will still be bottom 5.

Top Bottom