Sometimes I know my fire burns low
But as long as you're with me I'll never get cold
'Til day and night, 'til darkness and light
I never worry when you're by my side

Oh, feelings change and seasons fade
But nothing will burn us out
Nothing can stop us now

Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light up the room)
Out of the embers
There's a fire burning for you (Yeah, there's a fire burning for you)
I feel the heat here
There's still a chance for us
Down herе in the ashes, yeah, thеre's something growing
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light)

Light up the room
Light up the room

You and me forever, we're free
We're cool under pressure, and that's all we need
So take my hand, and forget the past
We're in this together, there's no looking back

Oh, feelings change and seasons fade
But nothing will burn us out
Nothing can stop us now

Out of the embers
Out of the embers
There's a fire burning for you (Yeah, there's a fire burning for you)
I feel the heat here
There's still a chance for us
Down here in the ashes, yeah, there's something growing
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light)

Light up the room

Out of the embers
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light up the room)​

Last edited by a moderator:

ESCConor

literally, but literally nobody want them... hope their HoD realizes that, if not then it's no hope for the UK. James Newman was a step in the right direction, not the best UK could do, but at least it was a respectable entry, by a respectable singer-songwriter. Frock D. are nothing like that tho - not respectable, they can't even sing, they are not singers by profession, why on earth would anyone consider them, especially in a market like the UK.

I doubt our current delegation would consider the FD. No more of these joke acts please.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
When I looked at the ava, I thought we have a new member. :ROFLMAO: Until I saw your name. Great ava! :love: And offtopic. Sorry.

It's a lil' snapshot of my Cyberpunk 2077 character :cool:

But anyway, I hope we don't have anything to worry about here. I honestly don't think that we do, and that it's just Wiwibloggs giving Frock Destroyers some free promo. The 10,000+ signatures is highkey mortifying but that's all thanks I'm assuming to hardcore Drag Race fans rallying together. I've loved/liked a lot of singing drag performers over the years but it's honestly hard to think of a more unappealing choice for us than Frock Destroyers right now. Lord give us some mercy here.

MalagaToledo

Banned
The 10,000+ signatures is highkey mortifying but that's all thanks I'm assuming to hardcore Drag Race fans rallying together. it's honestly hard to think of a more unappealing choice for us than Frock Destroyers right now. Lord give us some mercy here.
Sure, the reputation of UK at eurovision is on stake here. :rolleyes:xfaintxfacepalm
Some ppl tend to be more dramatic than the others. I was not referring to you specifically though.

Chrisiam

In honesty I could see FD having some kind of presence at a UK hosted contest as an interval act or performing at some official event or sketch or something. Or hell, the act that represents the UK should it win it whilst they are still nominally relevant.

I can't see them representing the UK otherwise. Regardless of what one might think of how the BBC picks its acts its undeniable that they always go for the safest option. And FD would be too much of a risk for them. They'd much rather send Bigger Than Us III with an overweight mid-twenties male singer with a final performance choreography featuring a singing circle, air grab, and a golden shower at the end for good measure.

DanielLuis

I truly don't understand Wiwibloggs forcing articles and editorals out of nowhere every single year to promote acts like Steps and Frock Destroyers as the UK entrants. Especially considering most of them are British. Don't they realize, after following the contest these many years. that promoting these kind of outdated acts is just in line with the whole novelty circus view that the British public as of Eurovision? These kind of entries will go nowhere towards getting the UK out of its Eurovision hole.

Besides, the HoD just gave a interview recently where he kind of laid out the plans for the next few years, and it seems like they see the way forward as changing the public perception of Eurovision to encourage more "serious" acts and entries to step forward, which is completely the opposite of sending something like the Frock Destroyers right now. Wiwibloggs just ignored that interview's existence and instead put out the 103856th article of the season promoting FD.

Ianp16

Forgive me for my naivety here, but I assumed that wiwiblogs would be on board with distancing the UK from its Eurovision predicament. I’ve seen a lot of shade thrown at them on here which is half amuses me as the leader of the blogs seems a bit... annoying at times. Are they really endorsing Frock Destroyers? If so I’m shocked as they seem to understand modern Eurovision.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Yeah something is iffy about that, I mean they can report about it - but don't know why are they so excited by something they probably wouldn't like otherwise. But agree I love some wiwibloggers (especially those from older days - Denise, Deban, Edd also Robyn) but W*lliam is so fake and annoying - I can't with him, so over the top for no reason most of the time, his sister is no better tbh. (nothing personal against them I just don't find them likeable)

Chrisiam

So in the interest of pivoting back to the topic at hand, how long do we think we are going to start hearing the 'totally legit inside source' rumours this time around?

There has been a rumour floating about the interwebs that information regarding the UK's entry will be revealed "Early 2021". Which, well, feels a tad optimistic. Unless this time around they are announcing the act first and the song later as some nations seem to do.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I haven't seen or heard a single rumour about our entry release or interviews with the HoD let alone any reliable news. Early 2021 is such a vague statement, thats literally the entire submission time in 2021

Loindici

Veteran
Looking back at UK 2020's process they could follow the same path, which would mean BBC would release their entry at late February and we'll probably hear rumors starting from mid February. If they are still working with BMG, I expect good music from BBC.

ESCConor

Looking back at UK 2020's process they could follow the same path, which would mean BBC would release their entry at late February and we'll probably hear rumors starting from mid February. If they are still working with BMG, I expect good music from BBC.

In the podcast, Lee did say that working with a record label attracts a lot more interest in terms of songwritters/singers than a broadcaster alone, which does tell me that the BMG partnership is continuing.

I do think it will be James again in 2021.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Either easy promo from a popular tag, or it means something else. No Way this is going to ESC with some of them lyrics.

Chrisiam

True, but he'd have to want to do it, which to be honest I can't see him taking part. An artist like that would help to legitimise the contest in the eyes of a lot of people in the UK and help challenge preconceptions of it in general. As to whether we will get an act like that who will remain mature through out and not pull a Michael Rice (being a good ambassador for the contest in the UK, dismissing the poltics side of things and then upon losing blaming Brexit and pulling the "Europe Hates Us" line out) is another thing entirely.

Whoever represents the UK needs to keep their chin up and take the distinct possibility of not winning in their stride and be magnanimous in defeat rather than pulling out crap excuses as is sadly often done.

Top Bottom