Sometimes I know my fire burns low
But as long as you're with me I'll never get cold
'Til day and night, 'til darkness and light
I never worry when you're by my side

Oh, feelings change and seasons fade
But nothing will burn us out
Nothing can stop us now

Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light up the room)
Out of the embers
There's a fire burning for you (Yeah, there's a fire burning for you)
I feel the heat here
There's still a chance for us
Down herе in the ashes, yeah, thеre's something growing
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light)

Light up the room
Light up the room

You and me forever, we're free
We're cool under pressure, and that's all we need
So take my hand, and forget the past
We're in this together, there's no looking back

Oh, feelings change and seasons fade
But nothing will burn us out
Nothing can stop us now

Out of the embers
Out of the embers
There's a fire burning for you (Yeah, there's a fire burning for you)
I feel the heat here
There's still a chance for us
Down here in the ashes, yeah, there's something growing
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light)

Light up the room

Out of the embers
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light up the room)​

Last edited by a moderator:

AlekS

Veteran
If the quality of the song, vocal and staging is up to par with the rest of superior entries over the last 10 years I don’t care if we have drag queens dressed like turkeys.
Thank you xkiss
4rK2gs.gif

ps. Judging from the 2nd season it won't happen soon tho. Nobody can even approach Divina's level.

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Please do not discuss politics outside the politics subforum.

Last edited:

StephenMuckle

I remember listening to a podcast a few months back, where Ashley Johnson was being interviewed, just before the release of The Last of Us Part 2. Those of you who do not know who she is, she is an American video game voice actress and singer who is best known for playing the protagonist Ellie. She mentioned Eurovision during the interview that she would like to participate in the contest one day, as long as she can get one of the national broadcasters on her side. I'm not sure what to think though, given her dreary cover of Take on Me in one of the game's cutscenes, and her even more dreary version of True Faith in the TLOU2 Launch Trailer, but I'm sure she would attract a big televote from Last of Us fans if she does represent one of the countries. After all the last UK winner was an American.

Chrisiam

There are two things that stick out to me with this article. One, is that its not confirmed if the BBC will be working with BMG this time around. The fact that they aren't confirming that makes me feel they might well have stopped working with them. And two, the Beeb had the final say on who was representing the UK and what song they would sing.

So even if BMG and the BBC are working together again we are likely going to end up with Bigger Than Us III.

Still, at this point we are only a matter of weeks away from finding out one way or another so thats... good?

theditz83

Veteran
Omg all the talk about Frock Destroyers has me reaching for the sick bag. BBC just don't get it at all, do they? Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it this season yet, but could someone please convince Channel 4 or 5 to take on the Eurovision/EBU membership.

P.S. I know it's not that simple but we just need some fresh, alternative and relevant ideas for the UK to ever make an impact on the future.

ESCConor

There are two things that stick out to me with this article. One, is that its not confirmed if the BBC will be working with BMG this time around. The fact that they aren't confirming that makes me feel they might well have stopped working with them. And two, the Beeb had the final say on who was representing the UK and what song they would sing.

So even if BMG and the BBC are working together again we are likely going to end up with Bigger Than Us III.

Still, at this point we are only a matter of weeks away from finding out one way or another so thats... good?

He said that BMG were the ones who were actively searching for the act and song and they propose it to them, with the BBC and BMG both signing it off.

So BMG propose the act and song, and the BBC approve the recomendation.

Lee did go on in the interview saying that working with a record label does attract more interest than simply a broadcaster alone, so this does indicate to me that we are sticking with BMG.

all we can do is wait and see what will happen in the next few weeks.

ESCConor

Omg all the talk about Frock Destroyers has me reaching for the sick bag. BBC just don't get it at all, do they? Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it this season yet, but could someone please convince Channel 4 or 5 to take on the Eurovision/EBU membership.

P.S. I know it's not that simple but we just need some fresh, alternative and relevant ideas for the UK to ever make an impact on the future.

I dont want them anywhere near eurovision, In fact I would actively not watch ESC in that year they were representing us. But judging by the current delegation I doubt they will not go anywhere near them.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
If you're a Eurofan and signed that petition (10,000 signature?????) then hand in your eurofan card because you no longer deserve it if you think at this current time and in our state that they're the best choice. Maybe if we were Sweden with back to back endless success, and no reinforced stereotype then it might be fun to go off on one for a year but with how we treat ESC? nah. xexcuseme https://escbubble.com/2021/01/frock-destroyers-hint-at-eurovision-as-petition-hits-10000-mark/ The BBC need to get bitch slapped if they go with this.

edit: it seems the petition is old, but still its dragging in a lot of signatures atm.

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Frock Destroyers were funny for two minutes on Drag Race and deserving of their episode win, and that's all. It's ludicrous to think how hard this is being pushed, and just shows up our general Eurovision is a piss-take attitude, as if it wasn't clear enough already. I've nothing against drag queens (give me After Dark any day). I've got something though against our struggling arses longing for a novelty trio of entertainers, two of whom can barely hold a tune, to talk-sing vulgarities for three minutes, when we literally have the most embarrassing string of results at the contest. Why don't we send them, come bottom 3 to then see a nation of ignorants continue to insult the contest and its politics, when we've basically just sent our own version of Leto Svet? We could do that or you know... we could actually try our best, like most other countries manage. Do something that would help to get rid of this absolutely rotten mindset our country has for Eurovision.

mauve

Veteran
Frock Destroyers were funny for two minutes on Drag Race and deserving of their episode win, and that's all. It's ludicrous to think how hard this is being pushed, and just shows up our general Eurovision is a piss-take attitude, as if it wasn't clear enough already. I've nothing against drag queens (give me After Dark any day). I've got something though against our struggling arses longing for a novelty trio of entertainers, two of whom can barely hold a tune, to talk-sing vulgarities for three minutes, when we literally have the most embarrassing string of results at the contest. Why don't we send them, come bottom 3 to then see a nation of ignorants continue to insult the contest and its politics, when we've basically just sent our own version of Leto Svet? We could do that or you know... we could actually try our best, like most other countries manage. Do something that would help to get rid of this absolutely rotten mindset our country has for Eurovision.
When I looked at the ava, I thought we have a new member. :ROFLMAO: Until I saw your name. Great ava! :love: And offtopic. Sorry.

Loindici

Veteran
Blame ouiouibloggs. They're really pushing FD forward to the surface, when nobody does it.

Chrisiam

WiiWiiBloggs ruins everything.

But on an upside (?) at this point the beeb/BMG will likely have selected the act by now and will be going through the song choices soon, if the rough timeline of events from last year are to be believed. Likely they'll know by the end of the month and we'll know some time in March.

So at this point petitions are unlikely to have much of an effect. It might effect 2022 depending on how things go this time around but who knows at this point, FD could be representing the UK and their appearance on that show on New Years might have been a soft launch for them. Either way, nothing is confirmed until it is confirmed.

Chrisiam

Have you ever seen WiiiWiblogs and Okiotimes in the same room?

Its all part of a scheme within a plot within a conspiracy to get FD to represent the UK at Eurovision, the long con, we are through the looking glass people!

rasmuslights

Veteran
literally, but literally nobody want them... hope their HoD realizes that, if not then it's no hope for the UK. James Newman was a step in the right direction, not the best UK could do, but at least it was a respectable entry, by a respectable singer-songwriter. Frock D. are nothing like that tho - not respectable, they can't even sing, they are not singers by profession, why on earth would anyone consider them, especially in a market like the UK.

Top Bottom