Sometimes I know my fire burns low
But as long as you're with me I'll never get cold
'Til day and night, 'til darkness and light
I never worry when you're by my side

Oh, feelings change and seasons fade
But nothing will burn us out
Nothing can stop us now

Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light up the room)
Out of the embers
There's a fire burning for you (Yeah, there's a fire burning for you)
I feel the heat here
There's still a chance for us
Down herе in the ashes, yeah, thеre's something growing
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light)

Light up the room
Light up the room

You and me forever, we're free
We're cool under pressure, and that's all we need
So take my hand, and forget the past
We're in this together, there's no looking back

Oh, feelings change and seasons fade
But nothing will burn us out
Nothing can stop us now

Out of the embers
Out of the embers
There's a fire burning for you (Yeah, there's a fire burning for you)
I feel the heat here
There's still a chance for us
Down here in the ashes, yeah, there's something growing
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light)

Light up the room

Out of the embers
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light up the room)​

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrisiam

Well, might as well reactivate the rampant speculation machine again.

So, whose it gonna be? James Newman back again? Foxes? Fleur East? Roubix finally getting his wish? Someone off some reality TV show? Me? Will the BBC still be working with BMG? Will the UK even be in the contest next year?

Who knows?!

How about a song written by James Newman and sung by Fleur East with Foxes as an alternative and Roubix sat at home cursing the moon and the sky he isn't in it?!

Lets get this party started!

EscUKFan

Well well well, who thought we’d be here this early?

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
James Newman should come back with his entry tbh. He should at least get his chance, if not that then the BBC better be kicking Fleur Easts door in because she literally said on TV she'd do it.

tomos2019

As much as I disliked our entry I suppose one of James's other songs could be alright. I do still say though that if we do end up with another last place in a row I suggest something big to happen, either broadcaster change or finally split UK in Eurovision.

MalagaToledo

Banned
Ohh this was on 3rd page.

BBTW, I still believe that frock destroyers would have done much, much better than their 2020 entry that I absolutely forgot and can't even remember their 2020 song. No wonder gb is always at the bottom.

ESCConor

I thought the BBC done a superb job on Saturday night, a brilliant night of programming that was very enjoyable and took my mind off the sad situation we are facing, I noticed too that they didnt mock any contestants or anything which was actually very refreshing to see, its small simple steps like that, that will slowly change the image of the contest here in the UK.

Now we need to see confirmation that James Newman is coming back next year, any other news from others about if hes coming back? seen some rumour from ITV from a few days ago that he was, but nothing official yet.

Chrisiam

I remember hearing that he was interviewed for a podcast a few days ago where he went into details on what the staging for his performance this years was supposed to be and that he was hoping to represent the UK next year providing he is selected. If I can find it I'll link it but the vibe I am getting is that at the moment he's not been asked back so BMG/BBC are likely exploring all their options and looking at other entries they know are taking part next year to best select the right act.

Ianp16

We were saved another last place this year! As much as James Newman's entry was trying, it just wasn't enough. The song was as exiting as a wet fart in July. We at least need John Newman - not his unkown brother, for goodness sake!

If Fleur East isn't our next entry I have had it, OFFICIALLY!

tumblr_n215bstSum1qdewlro1_r1_250.gifv

Mimmon

Veteran
I would love to see her to represent United Kingdom someday...

Chrisiam

We were saved another last place this year! As much as James Newman's entry was trying, it just wasn't enough. The song was as exiting as a wet fart in July. We at least need John Newman - not his unkown brother, for goodness sake!

If Fleur East isn't our next entry I have had it, OFFICIALLY!

tumblr_n215bstSum1qdewlro1_r1_250.gifv
I remember when the song came out I felt that it was a step in the right direction; it was never going to win, I think that it would have done respectively all things considered (I don't think it would have come last but at worst maybe it would have been floating near the bottom 5) my biggest worry was always "What are next?".

I always had the feeling that had we done well, lets say we squeaked in shy of the top ten the Beeb would turn around and say "Well there we go! See, we do care about Eurovision! Thank you BMG for all you've done but we are taking it from here!" then come 2021 it will be someone who was on The Voice in 2015, didn't make it to the live shows, they were just kind of there, they'd sing "Last Breath II"/"Bigger than Us III" and we'd go crashing back into failure again. Any gains made written off because the beeb really wanted an hour long show to fill out a wet Thursday evening in February to do the selection show.

And naturally if we crashed out then they'd assume direct control to "get the ship back on track and get us back to winning ways" and we'd end up back to square one.

I have a lot of respect for James Newman for putting himself forwards for it, he is a very talented song writer and a great singer, I feel however that, well... not to be mean or anything but I think that this might have been a little too much for him.

He always came across as nervous in the interviews I heard him in, almost like he was overwhelmed by it all which makes me worry for what his performances in the judges show and the finals would have turned out like and I feel it would have been like with Rice last year where outside the contest he was a great singer but when it counted he sounded kind of absent.

"Last Breath" was an alright song in and of itself, but its not really something you can build up from; there are no moments in it that really show off his skills as a vocalist and I'm not sure what could have been done with the staging to take that to the next level (I've still not found the interview where he discusses it but I'll post it when I do).

If he were to come back with something similar to the dance stuff that has been posted already in the thread then sure, I'll have a bit of that. If not, well, best get nagging Fleur East to do it next year then!

ESCConor

The rumours around James Newman seemed to have cooled a lot, I wonder if BMG are looking to another artist who maybe has more about them, maybe Fleur East, Mabel or KSI perhaps?

Like I said last year, KSI for me is the kind of artist that BMG should opt for, he is popular amongst young people who are constantly the highest demographic who watch Eurovision. he has almost 21.5million subscribers on YouTube and has 5.8million twitter followers.

His songs have been amongst the top 20 in the UK Charts and his debut Album "Dissimulation" got to number 2 in the UK Album Chart.

Could be one to go for imo.

Last edited:

EscUKFan

Well I’ve looked into the future and I can exclusively tell all you punters that it’ll be SAME OLD SAME OLD once again my loves.

Romeo

I'm calling it now! and if it doesn't happen I will riot!

KIM WOODBURN FOR 2021
rexfeatures_8273499dh-630x400.jpg

Ianp16

I'm calling it now! and if it doesn't happen I will riot!

KIM WOODBURN FOR 2021
rexfeatures_8273499dh-630x400.jpg

LITERALLY! Kim Woodburn would be a more credible and exiting entry than what the BBC have come up with the last few years (apart from Surie, maybe). She would probably muster up a few more points that Electo Velvet, Jack and Joe, Micheal Whathisname and Josh Dubovie combined. And this is NOT a biased opinion even though she is my Queen.

Kim could do a spoken-word track called 'Don't You Bother!', backed a drum and bass beat. She could sing about smacking naughty boys bottoms and proceed to smack the backing dancer's bottoms, then attempt to clean the stage with her feather duster.

ESCConor

UK's problem aren't artists/performers, not even performances, it is songs, really. You need better songs.

Spot on.

We need to start sending songs that represents the UK music industry, we have to think outside the box and not with the same old safe songs.

Grime is a major music genre in the UK and I wonder if that could work on the Eurovision stage, or maybe even send a song in welsh perhaps?

I think the BBC and BMG need to talk and have some sort of brainstorming session between now and the end of 2020 about what sort of artist to send for 2021.

Chrisiam

I'm certain that they are already working behind the scenes on it as we speak (providing they are even still working together). If BMG has its head screwed on right then it'll likely have looked at the response that Newman's song got and look at the responses of the other acts and try to put together something that they feel best represents what the audience is looking for.

Whatever one may think of Newman's song the fact that it was trending in the UK for almost a whole week after it was first released and got more views in its first two or three weeks than the representative the year got before in an entire year then it shows that they weren't totally barking up the wrong tree.

First year they play it safe, second year they get a little more daring. Or at least, one hopes that they do. We likely won't know for certain till around September/October time what their plans are.

Romeo

LITERALLY! Kim Woodburn would be a more credible and exiting entry than what the BBC have come up with the last few years (apart from Surie, maybe). She would probably muster up a few more points that Electo Velvet, Jack and Joe, Micheal Whathisname and Josh Dubovie combined. And this is NOT a biased opinion even though she is my Queen.

Kim could do a spoken-word track called 'Don't You Bother!', backed a drum and bass beat. She could sing about smacking naughty boys bottoms and proceed to smack the backing dancer's bottoms, then attempt to clean the stage with her feather duster.

His name is quite obviously Michael Ricecake or rice pudding or well he was on a show with Lindsay Dracass that's what I do know.

Smacking naughty boys' bottoms with a lettuce leaf! I could be a backing singer and I could say "You chicken livered shit"! and "you girls that are ganghanded" and "Nicole, she is the mafia". Ooh and we cannot forget "YOU'RE AN ADULTERER"

#QueenKim

Top Bottom