Sometimes I know my fire burns low
But as long as you're with me I'll never get cold
'Til day and night, 'til darkness and light
I never worry when you're by my side

Oh, feelings change and seasons fade
But nothing will burn us out
Nothing can stop us now

Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light up the room)
Out of the embers
There's a fire burning for you (Yeah, there's a fire burning for you)
I feel the heat here
There's still a chance for us
Down herе in the ashes, yeah, thеre's something growing
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light)

Light up the room
Light up the room

You and me forever, we're free
We're cool under pressure, and that's all we need
So take my hand, and forget the past
We're in this together, there's no looking back

Oh, feelings change and seasons fade
But nothing will burn us out
Nothing can stop us now

Out of the embers
Out of the embers
There's a fire burning for you (Yeah, there's a fire burning for you)
I feel the heat here
There's still a chance for us
Down here in the ashes, yeah, there's something growing
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light)

Light up the room

Out of the embers
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light up the room)​

Last edited by a moderator:

Loindici

Veteran
"Bringing Back Love Tonight" can range from a ballad to a discobop, and since the song is registered under BMG it could potentially be UK's entry. The only thing that made me unsure is that James has written bunch of other songs in the ASCAP and those could potentially be UK's entry as well.

ESCConor

Fleur East did say last year she would be interested in doing it, which does add to the rumours, she even openly said on tv that she wanted to do it.

I have a feeling its Fleur East singing it, with James Newman sort of in the background helping with the writting.

the title "Bringing back love tonight" does sound a bit like a pop song/ballad.

Ill reserve judgement until we hear anything official, but it sounds very interesting.

rasmuslights

Veteran
omg yes I love Fleur, and this truly seems real.. like it's a fact that they are writing a song together + she said she would do it multiple times (on twitter and on tv) + I'm also happy that James would write it as he is a competent song-writer. OMG seriously so excited and it truly all adds up - EXCEPT why does it say that it's registered under Warner Music Denmark on the second link? that sounds strange.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
The song title is very BBC also. It could be a duet between her and James, we dont know.
The fact it says Denmark in that link just above though does fill me with dread a bit. :lol: Fleur is super great, but its ESC and the BBC

rasmuslights

Veteran
The song title is very BBC also. It could be a duet between her and James, we dont know.
The fact it says Denmark in that link just above though does fill me with dread a bit. :lol: Fleur is super great, but its ESC and the BBC

doubt it would be a duet tbh. It's probably him as a song-writer. Yes that is the only doubt, but on the other page it says BMG, it may be because the other song-writer is Danish? I'm quite hopeful!

ESCConor

Song name is registered under BMG.

ESCConor

doubt it would be a duet tbh. It's probably him as a song-writer. Yes that is the only doubt, but on the other page it says BMG, it may be because the other song-writer is Danish? I'm quite hopeful!

That name is Kaspar Larson. strangely enough, James Newman follows him on instagram.

Could we be onto something?

ESCConor

My friend suggested its for Danish NF...

The BBC does have form for getting a lot of scandinavian songwritters involved ie: Lucie Jones, so this alongside Fleur East and James Newman might have something in it.

There is something in this rumour.

Sammy

Veteran
The BBC does have form for getting a lot of scandinavian songwritters involved ie: Lucie Jones, so this alongside Fleur East and James Newman might have something in it.

There is something in this rumour.
If Britain needs swedish / danish / norwegian songwriters to get an ESC entry, that would be pathetic! We‘re talking the motherland of pop here!

rasmuslights

Veteran
If Britain needs swedish / danish / norwegian songwriters to get an ESC entry, that would be pathetic! We‘re talking the motherland of pop here!

yeah true, but as long there are some British song-writers involved as James is then I don't mind..

EscUKFan

I wouldn’t count out Mel C actually.

Not sure if she’s with BMG or not but she recently released a new album and hasn’t exactly got much coming up :D (+ she performed at the UMK final a few years back, and voted in the German alternative ESC thing last May, so she’s not an abhorrent hater of it all).

Mimmon

Veteran
Every artist who ends up representing a country at first denying it so....Also she laughed at the question so we pretty sure she hiding it that she will do it...

ESCConor

If you watch the video, she said that "Everyone thought I was doing Eurovision last year, then someone else did it".

Who is that "someone else"? and why somehow would you pretend you didnt know him when you follow him on social media?

Why would you say "someone else" when youve co-written 2 potential tracks with James Newman?

Crucially, Fleur East never mentioned that she was the artist, if it was definately not her then she would of said so on the video.

Surely if it was her, then she would be bound by non-disclosure agreements etc with the BBC and BMG, and so would be reluctant to talk about it until its officially revealed.

I have a funny feeling its her.

Top Bottom