Sometimes I know my fire burns low
But as long as you're with me I'll never get cold
'Til day and night, 'til darkness and light
I never worry when you're by my side

Oh, feelings change and seasons fade
But nothing will burn us out
Nothing can stop us now

Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light up the room)
Out of the embers
There's a fire burning for you (Yeah, there's a fire burning for you)
I feel the heat here
There's still a chance for us
Down herе in the ashes, yeah, thеre's something growing
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light)

Light up the room
Light up the room

You and me forever, we're free
We're cool under pressure, and that's all we need
So take my hand, and forget the past
We're in this together, there's no looking back

Oh, feelings change and seasons fade
But nothing will burn us out
Nothing can stop us now

Out of the embers
Out of the embers
There's a fire burning for you (Yeah, there's a fire burning for you)
I feel the heat here
There's still a chance for us
Down here in the ashes, yeah, there's something growing
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light)

Light up the room

Out of the embers
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light up the room)​

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrisiam

Well, I feel the song on itself would be a good opener. And if they can bring the energy levels for it then sure. The only issue is the staging. Its not something they can just easily and quickly take down it seems like. So if that is the case it might end up going on just before the first commercial break. Which will give them plenty of time get a grasp of James's massive trumpet and pull it off.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Apparently he said in a interview only 2 weeks ago there would be a lot of pyro. ( I tried looking but couldn't find it) so that change has only come very recent unless he was just messing with the person interviewing him. They must be aware of the fact people want it as he said in the press conference that loads of people had gone up to him to ask if he would have pyros in it.

theditz83

Veteran
Apparently he said in a interview only 2 weeks ago there would be a lot of pyro. ( I tried looking but couldn't find it) so that change has only come very recent unless he was just messing with the person interviewing him. They must be aware of the fact people want it as he said in the press conference that loads of people had gone up to him to ask if he would have pyros in it.
Yeah, I knew I hadn't imagined him saying very recently that there would be loads of pyro. I seriously hope that they are just keeping everything under wraps until the final performance, but I'm not going to be shocked if things look underwhelming as well.

Also, the issue with quickly changing the staging, I might be wrong, but the big trumpets look reasonably light in the grand scheme of the stage set and they are hung on pretty study chains that I imagine can be winched up into the rafters to be out of sight. The small raised platform can be quickly wheeled off-stage during a postcard I'd imagine as well, so I think it could be a fairly swift turnaround for speedy stage technicians to pull-off and I wouldn't count out an opening slot. It depends how the semi final qualifiers are drawn I guess as well ;)

Nicfedy

At least they are not saying we’re planning a big surprise on the night. As in Electro Velvet, luminous lines on outfits. Keep the hype down, but this years it’s getting a lot more radio airplay than usual. Hoping for a decent performance, just need to get that studio sound on stage and not really care about placings or extra gimmicks.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Might be a bit of biased talking but I think there could be a few people sleeping on this this year. Might not be to the Eurofan taste exactly but the general European might take to it. The performance needs a few tweaks and better energy but it does look visually strong, especially if they bring pyros.

Ali_

They've actually taken on feedback and will be adding pyro 🔥😀🔥 I'm intrigued as to what they'll actually be able to do having not rehearsed it in the individual run throughs.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
THEY LISTENED. xbow

Now for the pyros to be totally wrong and not effective at all. xheart

crashworld

Veteran
There is still the dress rehearsals, they can always test the pyro out there.
I would imagine it will be incorporated towards the end of the song.

VikingTiger

Pyros? Is that what is supposed to save this entry? I dont this pyros will change people's opinion a single bit. Staging and choreography will stay the same...
Having that said, I DO think Embers will be more popular outside the ESC bubble. And I can see people vote for this, at least enough to give the UK some smaller points. That goes for they juries as well. Perhaps especially the juries...

Chrisiam

To be fair at this point they can't really change the staging or choreography, just make tweaks and additions to it here and there. Best thing they can do is just bring the energy levels up when the judge's show and the live show comes up and that'll do more to help it in the long run.

Pyros are just a bonus. A way to add in energy without actually adding in energy.

Nicfedy

Oh so it’s a pyro contest. No it won’t help or increase votes. Maybe an angle grinder or a image on screen. Explosions might look a bit insensitive atm.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Pyros? Is that what is supposed to save this entry? I dont this pyros will change people's opinion a single bit. Staging and choreography will stay the same...
Having that said, I DO think Embers will be more popular outside the ESC bubble. And I can see people vote for this, at least enough to give the UK some smaller points. That goes for they juries as well. Perhaps especially the juries...

Totally change? No. However it was a widespread opinion that the song needed some form of pyro. Done right it can enhance the energy and mood of a song.

DanielLuis

I think the juries are surprisingly going to go strong for this one, especially if James performs strongly on the night. Like, 11th-13th place with them, I would say.
But I think history will be repeating for the UK when it comes to the televoting. Not because it's a bad entry, but it's just too middle of the road for the final. The classic "I like it, but not enough to pick up the phone and vote for it". Just hope the whole 'Europe hates us' narrative won't be going strong post-contest, and hopefully the partnership with BMG will keep going on for 2022

Chrisiam

To be fair how loud the "They hate us" stuff and how long the BMG partnership goes on for somewhat depends on how we do in the finals.

If we get a decent result, even if its at the very bottom of the left hand side of the board it will go a long way. Like when Lucy got her result a few years back I didn't hear as much of the "They hate us" Stuff as in other years. It was still there, but not quite as loud. So the better he does the less we'll hear it. Likewise the better BMG does out of this the better; if James gets a decent amount of sales of his music from being in Eurovision it'll go a long way to keeping them in it. I mean hell, from their point of view he doesn't even need to win it or get out of the bottom five. If he got a decent post contest sales jump or hell even became the 'song of the summer' in the UK that'll convince them to stick with it.

We just have to hope the Beeb doesn't turn around and go "We want to thank BMG for their support over the past couple years, but for 2022 we will be taking the selection in house once again".

Top Bottom