Sometimes I know my fire burns low
But as long as you're with me I'll never get cold
'Til day and night, 'til darkness and light
I never worry when you're by my side

Oh, feelings change and seasons fade
But nothing will burn us out
Nothing can stop us now

Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light up the room)
Out of the embers
There's a fire burning for you (Yeah, there's a fire burning for you)
I feel the heat here
There's still a chance for us
Down herе in the ashes, yeah, thеre's something growing
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light)

Light up the room
Light up the room

You and me forever, we're free
We're cool under pressure, and that's all we need
So take my hand, and forget the past
We're in this together, there's no looking back

Oh, feelings change and seasons fade
But nothing will burn us out
Nothing can stop us now

Out of the embers
Out of the embers
There's a fire burning for you (Yeah, there's a fire burning for you)
I feel the heat here
There's still a chance for us
Down here in the ashes, yeah, there's something growing
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light)

Light up the room

Out of the embers
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light up the room)​

Last edited by a moderator:

pavarotti

All day you hear assorted BBC people & their showbiz chums all saying 'great UK entry', 'best in years', 'this should do well if it's about the song but of course we know it's not', chortle chortle. It's a pitiful situation here. The BBC needs a massive wake up call. It's yet more generic, wallpaper pop that is destined to fail once again. But hey, Graeme Norton and co can just come out with the annual excuse Europe hates the UK and that's why it doesn't do very well. And so the cycle continues until the same thing happens again next year. I don't know who the people involved in the UK selection are but they are failing horribly in their remit.

Iker

Veteran
Honestly it’s good and a well produced track, but here’s exactly what’s gonna happen like every single year:
1. Good but unmemorable UK entry is released
2. UK fans on social media become disillusioned, “it’s better than last year and finally the UK will finish in the top”
3. The song is outshone in the grand final by being generally unremarkable and lacks either a strong jury, or televote, or both.
4. UK fans on social media: “everyone hates us, our song was the best but it’s all because of Brexit, Eurovision is trash and i don’t know why we still compete, we wouldn’t win even if we sent [insert celeb]”

This exact chain of events has occurred every single year since 2013. Like jfc get over it and just send something stunning.
I will roll my eyes upon witnessing all those triggered reactions on twitter after the Grand Final as it is quite likely to be your typical bottom 5 finish for the UK. I like it more than most of these British entries but not enough to vote for it which is quite telling. Live performance is unlikely to change my mind. They need to send something better and more daring than that.

• Like It
Reactions: Kaz

Ianp16

All day you hear assorted BBC people & their showbiz chums all saying 'great UK entry', 'best in years', 'this should do well if it's about the song but of course we know it's not', chortle chortle. It's a pitiful situation here. The BBC needs a massive wake up call. It's yet more generic, wallpaper pop that is destined to fail once again. But hey, Graeme Norton and co can just come out with the annual excuse Europe hates the UK and that's why it doesn't do very well. And so the cycle continues until the same thing happens again next year. I don't know who the people involved in the UK selection are but they are failing horribly in their remit.

To be fair to Graham Norton, I don't think he has ever said that.

theditz83

Veteran
Thank you @Matt - I got such a warm fuzzy feeling watching your reaction video, especially when you started doing a Verka Serduchka-style arm dance xlove

This song would definitely be in my Top 10 this year as well if we were able to vote for ourselves, and my ranked Spotify playlist will be sure to have this near the top. So relieved to finally enjoy our song again - and it's not just in comparison to previous :uk: entries or even other Eurovision songs, this track is going on my regular playlists as a bop in its own right. xyaay

Pål Nordahl

I’ve settled on a solid :7: points for this song. There’s nothing I dislike about it, which can’t be said for many of this year’s entries. Probably not the type of song I would seek out, but that’s just a matter of personal preference. It’s definitely enjoyable.

Martyman

Of the two "English speaking nations" in the EBU, I'd say Ireland's 'Maps' is by far the best. However, this is definitely a step up for the UK.

cripesdude

I’m starting to think my initial ‘meh’ was a bit harsh and down to my very high hopes/standards.

Maybe it’s a genre thing... those that are into it seem to be really into it and maybe they’ll translate to some decent votes?...

It is a gear change for the UK though and definitely refreshing to have something more current (although I still find the trumpets cheesy!)...

I’ll have a little dance along in May, though, and it’s been a while UK, so that is welcome!

marty

I dont know what to say. This song sounds very strange. The backing vocals sound annoying. I give 1 point.

Chrisiam

The track is currently trending number 4 on UK Youtube, which is about as good as his track last year did more or less. It will be interesting to see if it gets as many views within its first month or so as 'Last Breath' did, I think it managed to get a million by the end of the 2nd or 3rd week, but we'll soon see!

Biste

I totally like listening to this song. My head is bopping xdance
But, based on the MV, I am actually afraid of the live on stage. To me, he doesn't seem to have the charisma, energy, swag, ... to deliver this on stage.

So for the song I'm giving a big :10:. Hopefully don't have to downgrade when we get to see the full package.

CPV4931

I like the vibes of the song :-) And am quite confident that UK can at least reach the first half this year

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
They're presenting the song and James on the one show right now.

Fluke

I don't know what it is about the UK that just makes them miss the target no matter what they try. Wether it's a emotional ballad, a anthemic, dramatic song, something that's supposed to be humorous, if they're trying to be hip and stylish or in this case, just a upbeat party song, they just completely miss it every time in a way no other country except Ireland manages to. This just utterly fails to engage at any level. It feels irrelevant, dated and out of touch with Eurovision. Next please!

Top Bottom