Sometimes I know my fire burns low
But as long as you're with me I'll never get cold
'Til day and night, 'til darkness and light
I never worry when you're by my side

Oh, feelings change and seasons fade
But nothing will burn us out
Nothing can stop us now

Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light up the room)
Out of the embers
There's a fire burning for you (Yeah, there's a fire burning for you)
I feel the heat here
There's still a chance for us
Down herе in the ashes, yeah, thеre's something growing
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light)

Light up the room
Light up the room

You and me forever, we're free
We're cool under pressure, and that's all we need
So take my hand, and forget the past
We're in this together, there's no looking back

Oh, feelings change and seasons fade
But nothing will burn us out
Nothing can stop us now

Out of the embers
Out of the embers
There's a fire burning for you (Yeah, there's a fire burning for you)
I feel the heat here
There's still a chance for us
Down here in the ashes, yeah, there's something growing
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light)

Light up the room

Out of the embers
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light up the room)​

Last edited by a moderator:

wtf

WOW. This might be the best uptempo song this year, the catchiest drop for sure. Current and very UK! xmusic
It has potential to give UK their best result since 2009 xcheer

Now imagine if Frock Destroyers were chosen instead of this :censored:

0scar

It's enjoyable, but nothing spectacular, something I don't mind listening to but wouldn't necessarily want to listen to again. It's good enough to avoid being in the bottom again I guess, as there are ENOUGH songs out that are going for that bottom 5 place (looking at you, :nl:)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Okkk there is a lot to take from this entry tbh, and I'll get through the negatives first. It's not my style, i can't imagine choosing to listen to it again on my own, but if it played i wouldn't skip it. I also think there is many elements that could be better, especially when you consider the apparent calibre of the team who wrote it.

There is more positives to take from this though, 💯. First and foremost it's a credible entry that represents our music scene and what is on our radios. Now to each person that could be bad or good (my case bad as i hate our music scene), but the fact we finally have an entry that fits our music scene is a huge step forward. The only other entry this side of the millennium i think that would be close to representative is Blue in 2011. The fact it's self written also, there is a bigger degree of authenticity with it and I think it fits James well. I'm happy the Danish songwriting camps of cookie cutter production line mediocrity is a thing of the past. I also think there is a lot of potential to look great and elevate live if they nail it. That part is a big ask from the BBC but they've done it in the past... how well it will do, idk tbh. The fact it's a credible entry and representative of our music scene is enough to make me happy it's our entry.

Last edited:
Not bad at all. This is not the ironic San Marino act we might have wanted, but Embers is an improvement from last year. This song is neat can see the juries liking this even if Embers isn't mindblowing or anything outstanding. The song is quite average and generic but it's not boring at least.

:6: points

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran
Generic, but it works.

I'm sold to the package James brings us this year. This is surely not an ethereal bliss like Switzerland or an ethnic adrenaline rusher like San Marino, but this does reflect something that UK has in their music scene and not a dated train-wreck (2019), a song-not-matching-their-singer (2018), or just plain awful (2015). At the very least, I'm not gonna be embarrassed with the UK this year, welcome to James and accept my biggest respect!

Ironically, even if I don't wanna admit it, this is my thing. The arrangement is not the most mind-blowing, but as a dance track it does make your foot step and your shoulders to bump up (also, the bass SLAPS. HARD.). The pre-chorus might be the weakest part since the percussion kind of messed it up, and the verses are the best parts of the song and I love listening to it. The chorus also slaps even though not as hard as the verses, I feel it's pretty typical for a dance song. The brasses really helped me cope with the loss of Blasemafian.

There's two things I see as a weak point of the song. One, even if James has collaborated with lots of dance producers, he needs to deliver a hefty amount of swag for this to work on stage. I feel he can actually deliver it, but needs to be encouraged so that he can bring a presence equivalent to Rein Alexander. Two, if we want him to succeed, we need to support and hype him no matter what. I'm a bit disappointed of the pessimism sometimes, so I hope we won't waste that on a good/great entry.

One more note: we haven't had an idea of who will stage this. If it turns out to be Halsey's set designer again, we might hit a jackpot.

Is :10: too high? I'm really looking forward to use this to jog tomorrow.
EDIT: NOPE THIS IS GETTING THE GOLDEN POINT :12:

You're hoping sincerity when you realize how many totally insincere trash the UK brings in the past? At least there's sparks of sincerity in this one, and we're grateful for it! xcheers

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Speaking of the staging:

For the record. I don't know if that is a good thing or not.
Never heard of them ;; so who knows.

Below in the spoiler is what we were gonna have last year:

probably most have seen it but apparently he was gonna stand st the top of them ice stairs thing and then use augmented reality to simulate that water which was apparently to then collapse and flood the stage at the end or something along them lines. Iirc he spoke about it in that ESC show the BBC did.

Loindici

Veteran

I bims

Veteran
Great effort, I think the UK is finally taking it as serious as they should. Just shitting something campy on the stage because ~eUroVisIoN iS jUsT a cIcRus~ won't do it.

I don't know if this will do that great though. It won't get zero points but it also won't be a song a lot of people would pick over other entries. I could see the juries liking it though. Overall very solid, step in the right direction and they could be on the road to do well again, one step at a time.

It's a :6: for me.

harey

I like it (7 for me) but I'm afraid that it will not stand out to achieve a good result. Maybe something like 15th place. (But who knows, with a great staging...)

MAD20

Okay UK showing a piece of their huge musical industry, this is good. Not a winner though but quite enjoyable. It's a :7: for now.

Iker

Veteran
Okkk there is a lot to take from this entry tbh, and I'll get through the negatives first. It's not my style, i can't imagine choosing to listen to it again on my own, but if it played i wouldn't skip it. I also think there is many elements that could be better, especially when you consider the apparent calibre of the team who wrote it.

There is more positives to take from this though, 💯. First and foremost it's a credible entry that represents our music scene and what is on our radios. Now to each person that could be bad or good (my case bad as i hate our music scene), but the fact we finally have an entry that fits our music scene is a huge step forward. The only other entry this side of the millennium i think that would be close to representative is Blue in 2011. The fact it's self written also, there is a bigger degree of authenticity with it and I think it fits James well. I'm happy the Danish songwriting camps of cookie cutter production line mediocrity is a thing of the past. I also think there is a lot of potential to look great and elevate live if they nail it. That part is a big ask from the BBC but they've done it in the past... how well it will do, idk tbh. The fact it's a credible entry and representative of our music scene is enough to make me happy it's our entry.

Not only Danish ones ... also that Swedish one written by John Lundvik for Michael Rice was so bad and X-factorish, but I get your gist.

aef

Wow, this is also a HUGE improvement compared to last year. I love how 80% of the returning artists upped their game with better songs! Embers really has a decent quality, it's a classic :8: points entry for me - very good but there still is some space for improvement. I'd love to hear more from the brass instruments, they would have deserved their moment! The chorus is not the strongest part of the song. All in all I'm very surprised, this is the best :uk: entry since 2014!

Stashio833

This is definitely one of the better songs from the UK in the past ten years. It's not bad, but not amazing either. Embers is a solid middle of the road song. I'd say it places between 12 and 16. :6: points!

Teaisloveable

Solid song!
Luckily the over hyping wasn't a waste of time, @AshleyWright ;)

I do think it will miss out on points as it'll be just outside of people's top 10 (11-20 say)

But it's an entry the UK can be proud of!

Ezio

Veteran
Better than last year. At least it doesnt scream last place. It's just mediocre but still unique in year of bops and melancholy.

The lyrics give me death, they are so basic. 3 points from me.

Top Bottom