Sometimes I know my fire burns low
But as long as you're with me I'll never get cold
'Til day and night, 'til darkness and light
I never worry when you're by my side

Oh, feelings change and seasons fade
But nothing will burn us out
Nothing can stop us now

Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light up the room)
Out of the embers
There's a fire burning for you (Yeah, there's a fire burning for you)
I feel the heat here
There's still a chance for us
Down herе in the ashes, yeah, thеre's something growing
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light)

Light up the room
Light up the room

You and me forever, we're free
We're cool under pressure, and that's all we need
So take my hand, and forget the past
We're in this together, there's no looking back

Oh, feelings change and seasons fade
But nothing will burn us out
Nothing can stop us now

Out of the embers
Out of the embers
There's a fire burning for you (Yeah, there's a fire burning for you)
I feel the heat here
There's still a chance for us
Down here in the ashes, yeah, there's something growing
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light)

Light up the room

Out of the embers
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light up the room)​

Last edited by a moderator:

Romeo

At least we'll be saved the 24th/25th/26th position for 3 years (y)(y)(y):poop:

You would think so.... but... it's 2020... ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
With such an attitude and opinion I'd rather they didn't go at all. I'd take a thousand Suries and Michael Rices who were thrilled to be there and enjoyed every moment before sending someone (or a group in this case) who have such an outdated and uninformed opinion.

Steps would be such a reinforcement of a cliche opinion about Eurovision here anyway. I've kinda flip flopped on the prospect but in our current position and treatment of the contest, Steps are not who I want to represent us. Besides they'd probably a mega fanwank that flops.

crashworld

Veteran
Actually, I don't mind if Steps represents UK. Their latest album is pretty good plus they even covered a Swedish's Eurovision NF song for their single. Plus they are on BMG right? I think H and Claire seems pretty positive about the participation (and Claire did mention the merits of participating especially the exposure for the band on a global level), but I guess the other 3 members are not keen.

rasmuslights

Veteran
don't wanna see them anywhere esc.. they are just cringy appeal mostly to 40+ demographics, that mostly consists of women and gays.. sorry, but it's my opinion.

just select Hurts, Fleur East or Paloma Faith or even James Blunt all of them said they would do it, like why do they keep picking these acts with no artistry whatsoever.

crashworld

Veteran
don't wanna see them anywhere esc.. they are just cringy appeal mostly to 40+ demographics, that mostly consists of women and gays.. sorry, but it's my opinion.

just select Hurts, Fleur East or Paloma Faith or even James Blunt all of them said they would do it, like why do they keep picking these acts with no artistry whatsoever.

LOL. Since when Eurovision is about artistry. I believe most people watch the show to have a fun night with their family and friends, I doubt most of the viewers care which artist "credible" etc. Steps as a group fits in the Eurovision vibe - fun and entertaining. But I do agree if they want to enter the competition, the group's overall attitude towards the show needs to change.

tomos2019

If I judged it on liking their music I'd rather Steps than someone like Little Mix or anyone big that's massively involved with Simon Cowell(I've never been a Pop Idol/X Factor fan, sorry) but if Steps don't want to do it than maybe it is best not to have them, I mean I loved the original Busted music-wise but judging by Charlie's excuse not to perform at Junior Eurovision 2003 it doesn't mean they should necessarily be the ones to do it.

Loindici

Veteran
even if little mix is considered they're still too big of a name and jesy is still on medical break :(

we know bbc won't let us down too much looking back from their 2020 offering. i wish they could select something hype worthy though

rasmuslights

Veteran
LOL. Since when Eurovision is about artistry. I believe most people watch the show to have a fun night with their family and friends, I doubt most of the viewers care which artist "credible" etc. Steps as a group fits in the Eurovision vibe - fun and entertaining. But I do agree if they want to enter the competition, the group's overall attitude towards the show needs to change.

it may not be about artistry, but I want it to be about it.

theditz83

Veteran
This thread is only on 5 pages - come on people, we gotta start upping these post counts!

I'm still of the opinion that an up-and-coming DJ/producer of which the UK seems to be spouting out more every month at the moment, with an unknown (probably female) vocalist would be the best way to go for 2021.

Prime example would be James Hype - his latest song with HARLEE bops hard. I know this style or approach didn't work for Finland with Darude, but in reality that was the Finnish equivalent of bringing back a previously commercially successful artist based on their previous merits (*ahem* Bonnie Tyler or Engelbert anyone *ahem*) without really putting a lot of effort into having the right song or vocalist. The vast majority of the UK dance producers pumping out hit after hit at the moment would be much fresher in my opinion (although obviously Jax Jones, Sigala and the like are probably "too popular" for them to consider Eurovision without some majorly open-minded opinions on the contest and an empty diary, neither of which are likely...)

Loindici

Veteran
Foxes for United Kingdom 2021 (again)... why not?

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
This thread is only on 5 pages - come on people, we gotta start upping these post counts!

I'm still of the opinion that an up-and-coming DJ/producer of which the UK seems to be spouting out more every month at the moment, with an unknown (probably female) vocalist would be the best way to go for 2021.

Prime example would be James Hype - his latest song with HARLEE bops hard. I know this style or approach didn't work for Finland with Darude, but in reality that was the Finnish equivalent of bringing back a previously commercially successful artist based on their previous merits (*ahem* Bonnie Tyler or Engelbert anyone *ahem*) without really putting a lot of effort into having the right song or vocalist. The vast majority of the UK dance producers pumping out hit after hit at the moment would be much fresher in my opinion (although obviously Jax Jones, Sigala and the like are probably "too popular" for them to consider Eurovision without some majorly open-minded opinions on the contest and an empty diary, neither of which are likely...)

Ugh, we haven't had a proper uptempo track since 2011, and then before that 2007 probably. It's either been some mid tempo mediocrity, a ballad and then what ever the hell 2015 was.

theditz83

Veteran
Yep, just something that has a bit of balls and impact rather than a "oh that's nice, a radio-friendly mid-tempo non-descript pop track - wait what country is this again?" You need people to go "wow, that's the UK track, I remember that!" and not for the cringey reasons either (looking at you, Electro Velvet :cautious: )

CPV4931

Everyone: Foxes
Me: The Struts

i want United Kingdom to send some rock......

Thank you for mentioning one of my favorite bands here, I simply LOVE them :-) Altough my favorite song by them is "Primadonna like Me" (btw @missbones do you know this one?)

Huwchie

Rupauls drag race girl group , the frock destroyers seem to be very keen on the Twitter to represent the UK. I think they’ll be totally out of their depth and a show up.

Keep the theories going ! Wonder when the Fleur east rumours will start again

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I'll be so mega pissed if the BBC have gone with them. xfacepalm

Top Bottom