7 5.0%

6 4.3%

7 5.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
United-Kingdom-scaled.jpg

MyHeartIsYours

Love Me Again was such a good tune, if the entry is anything like that we're on the right track!

When I first saw the video clip I thought we've selected Nathan Trent! lol

hijirio

Veteran
If it's John Newman I'd already put some money on the UK, he might be a one hit wonder but still he must have a huge network in the music industry and can come up with a well produced composition.

Chrisiam

This of course providing that it is indeed John Newman and not James Newman who is actually with BMG. So if it is a Newman its likely James, unless its an old man, GASP! Garry Oldman confirmed!

EscUKFan

John Newton ain’t signed to BMG by the way..

Chrisiam

OOOOOORR they are disguising John as James and James as John so that no one realises that he isn't really with BMG!

Its layers upon layers of mystery! Like an onion!

And much like an onion the UK;s acts at Eurovision often make people cry!

IT ALL FITS!

We are through the looking glass people!

EscGeek

Veteran
John Newman sounds too good to be true. I think i even suggested him in one of my 9000+ posts. But don't bother finding it, because i'm not sure. :LOL:

I love his voice.

Chrisiam

Oh no, no, no, no, come now, lets temper our exceptions here, lets not get ahead of ourselves, there is still chance its someone like East 17 or Cleopatra or Steve Brookstine, lets not lose ourselves to hopes that it might not end up sounding like a brick thrown in a tumble dryer.

harey

When you were talking about John Newman I thougt at first that you were talking about Gary Numan and then I realized that I was totaly wrong :LOL:

pastablanche

omg the person in the video looks thin...

eta: did yall know adele lost a lot of weight recently????????????????????????????????????????

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
A pitty he has been out of the spotlight since 2014 or sth

Last year, he opened up and discussed that the reason for his extended absence after wrapping up promo on his second album was due to a brain tumor that returned and depression from constantly comparing himself to others and their successes. He went back to basics and did a small caravan tour to promote his EP last year.

Highkey bias because I'm a fan If it's him, it's not a bad choice, he's a great singer and live performer.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Fascinating how many non-Brits wouldn't be happy with John Newman when they've been crying out for us to send something current 🙄

If it IS him, I think we'll be looking at our best placing since at least Kyiv. The song must be a hit though. Listening to his recent music it's decent but nothing breathtaking, so we'll see.

Alaska49

When you were talking about John Newman I thougt at first that you were talking about Gary Numan and then I realized that I was totaly wrong :LOL:
I AM SO GLAD I WASN'T ALONE IN THIS. i was like "isn't his name gary...?" for a while until i realized an actual person named john newman exists lol.

anyway, i never heard love me again before, which is weird because i frequently listen to bbc radio 1. what i DID hear before, however, is blame by calvin harris, which he sings in, so i know i like his voice. also, apparently he had a handful of hits (both his own and as a featured singer) and then entirely dropped off the earth without even going through a flop phase so him accepting eurovision even makes some sort of sense without putting him in that "washed-up hasbeen" box uk was in from 2011 to 2013.

also, his brother james newman is actually more of a songwriter and has helped compose the aforementioned blame, songs by rudimental, little mix and jess glynne, and.................................................

PYDKcDJ.png

xexcuseme

so, um, yeah, this might just be short-sighted enough to be a legit BBC idea. like, someone going "LOOK he has worked for eurovision before GET HIM" and going for it. still, this looks like more effort than the usual BBC stuff, so if it's really one of the newman brothers, it might just be good?

Chrisiam

so, um, yeah, this might just be short-sighted enough to be a legit BBC idea. like, someone going "LOOK he has worked for eurovision before GET HIM" and going for it. still, this looks like more effort than the usual BBC stuff, so if it's really one of the newman brothers, it might just be good?
To be fair though, usually when the Beeb go for a 'Made for Eurovision' track it is written by someone who was one of the five writers who wrote the winning entry half a decade ago or so and is likely one of four or five others they wrote and sold/tried to sell to other nations or its a song that was turned down by another nation that they hope will be a diamond in the rough even though its song by someone with little to no experience singing live let alone producing a single or cutting an album.

Top Bottom