6 4.3%

7 5.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
United-Kingdom-scaled.jpg

Mainshow

Veteran
Katrina (and the Waves) just announced that she has submitted a song.

Not personally but I have written a song I will submit for 2020 that I think will see me handing over my crown to the next UK winner! Watch this space.

I'm so sick and tired of the same old faces being so damn delusional. Didn't she also state that all 2017 UK contestants had the means to win Eurovision?!

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

I'm so sick and tired of the same old faces being so damn delusional. Didn't she also state that all 2017 UK contestants had the means to win Eurovision?!

Salena, Holly and Olivia had great songs, indeed, and Lucie got the best UK result recently, of course.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Well ofc they will big up their own song. Who says "I've submitted a song, I don't think it will win or do super well but i sent submitted it anyway".

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
You seriously think we can’t come up with anything worse?

Well we are winning the page war against them with more pages and far less news than they had. I guess that's something. :sneaky:

Mainshow

Veteran
Sorry, I think she said this about 2016 (I'm always forgetting which British act did compete when (2016/2017).

Let's not forget that Lucie got a total of 12 pts from the televoters. It was destined to be a jury song from the very first minute and there was NO way any British national final songs would be winning back in 2016 or 2017.
Katrina is a great artist but she's no clue what it takes for a song to perform well in Eurovsion in the 21st century.

Citelis

''Love shine a light'' is the best UK entry ever but can't imagine that right now Katrina would be able to bring something that can do well. On the other hand if UK really considers to send Scooch or something similar then Katrina is a better choice.

Uto

Veteran
I just don't know how the UK is ever going to pull off finishing behind France now. I mean if you're going to send something which is obviously worse people are going to vote for it because it's bound to be a good joke.

cripesdude

3 weeks to go to song submission deadline... Surely an announcement will be a Friday or a Monday?... So we’ve today and then 6 other possibles dates for info...

ESCConor

Mostly we will get news on Wednesday or even tomorrow because of Graham Show is on Fridays so

Graham Norton show is on a break until April now.

I suspect its more likely that they might look at revealing it on the One Show or have a show revealing it.

Chrisiam

Yeah I can see it being done on The One Show, possibly as a special show or just as a feature on the show if they want to anti-climatic, or a special dedicated show if they want to push the boat out a little. I can't see it just being done via press release and a quick post to Youtube.

Whichever way it is done I imagine that the BBC will do it in the most tone deaf way possible; I can easily see there being a dedicated one off reveal show for it featuring Scooch and possibly some other prior UK Eurovision acts performing, some jokes about how "Wacky and weird" Eurovision is, so even if it turns out its a credible artist with an incredible song the whole show itself will be uncomfortable for most Eurovision fans watching it at home.

Mimmon

Veteran
Yeah I can see it being done on The One Show, possibly as a special show or just as a feature on the show if they want to anti-climatic, or a special dedicated show if they want to push the boat out a little. I can't see it just being done via press release and a quick post to Youtube.

Whichever way it is done I imagine that the BBC will do it in the most tone deaf way possible; I can easily see there being a dedicated one off reveal show for it featuring Scooch and possibly some other prior UK Eurovision acts performing, some jokes about how "Wacky and weird" Eurovision is, so even if it turns out its a credible artist with an incredible song the whole show itself will be uncomfortable for most Eurovision fans watching it at home.
Yeah same here... I am hoping in next 2 weeks or sooner.
Whatever they are preparing for us I won't try be dissapointed...

ESCConor

Strange that Mabel has a 3 month gap between March 8th and June 12th in her tour and the gap is around the time Eurovision Promo Season starts.

Plus Mabel is signed to BMG.

Has she accepted the chance to represent the UK at Eurovision 2020?

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
would be great, but not a chance. :lol:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
As for the entry, I've said a few times now that our past internals were presented at the end of feb, start of march. So I imagine this no different. I doubt they'll announce it on the one show though, as we'd actually need to hear the song in full. Probably they'll say it's coming a couple days before and then announce it online like most internals are, and then at some point we'll see about it on TV. One show or Graham Norton.

DaFlo

Banned
Strange that Mabel has a 3 month gap between March 8th and June 12th in her tour and the gap is around the time Eurovision Promo Season starts.

That's because her tour ends in March. The June dates are festivals.

Also she's not particular good live, so this wouldn't end well.

Top Bottom