6 4.3%

7 5.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
United-Kingdom-scaled.jpg

Uto

Veteran
If Scooch happens I don't care what Boris wants anymore, just Brexit those guys please whatever the cost.

Biscuit02

I really hope the UK will finally be good again, one can dream right, perhaps what UK needs right now is to stand out and I think the best way to do it is to sound something in a different genre than ESC is usually used to, so why not they send a rock/metal song perhaps that would make them stand out and if the song is decently good it may even do well.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I just can't see a major record label such as BMG resort as low as Scooch. I'm pretty sure the artist representing the UK would not be able to give any clues/hints of their participation.

I hope that's the case

I'm sure it will be someone relatively unknown tbh. People are throwing known names about because BMG said they were considering both known and unknown, but for this it just seems more likely they will be unknown. It definitely wont be JLS, theyre going on a huge ass tour and doing Eurovision seems so unnecessary.

Chrisiam

I honestly don't see Scooch doing it again. My own personal feels about their song excluded they aren't with BMG and BMG aren't doing this out of the goodness of their heart, they are doing this as a business move to promote their brand, their artists and the artist's music. They aren't going to put forwards an act like Scooch as that would reflect badly on them in the event the song tanks and would not represent the overall quality of the acts they support.

Now I could see them being part of something Eurovision related however, either performing at an official event in the run up to the contest/the final or as an act that could feature as the interval act before the main act is announced by the BBC on some kind of reveal show; as I've said before I'd honestly be shocked if the BBC just announced the act via a press release and they didn't do some kind of big reveal either as part of a pre-existing show or part of its own thing one evening.

Its worth baring in mind that we know about as much as to how the song is going to be revealed as we do who they'll be and what they'll sing.

Romeo

I agree. I think there will be a big gesture for the reveal. I don’t think it will be revealed tonight on the one show or something like that, I think they’ll make an announcement a week before “U.K. entry will be revealed live on **** at ****”

EscUKFan

It’s going to happen at some point soon either way, the deadline is 3 weeks on Monday.

DanielLuis

It's definitely not Scooch, they would not allow the selected act to give away such a big hint before the official announcement.
However it would be the most UK thing ever if fans were talking about Leona Lewis or Foxes to then end up with Scooch being chosen again :lol:

saysalou

It's definitely not Scooch, they would not allow the selected act to give away such a big hint before the official announcement.
However it would be the most UK thing ever if fans were talking about Leona Lewis or Foxes to then end up with Scooch being chosen again :lol:

It would be classic BBC!

Don´t get me wrong, I´m sure we will end up dissapointed, but I really don´t think it´s Scooch. UK acts NEVER drop hints on social media, like EVER. The BBC hates it.

Mainshow

Veteran
Calum Scott, pls. He hasn't become popular in Europe yet and after conquering Indonesia and Singapore (surprisingly!), it would totally make sense for him to attract European viewers again + his sophomore album is almost ready to be dropped.
+ the UK will be in the Top 5 again. It's a win-win situation for everyone involved.

MyHeartIsYours

Lol I've been listening to Scooch this week too :lol: I would love if it was them! They are my favourite of our entries of this century, four sure ;)

Edit: just realised I've written the exact same thing as RW about this century :lol:

Mrm

Veteran
I've just realized that in OGAE Serbia Forum, which is active a lot, there are, like here, threads for all countries, the only one which doesn't exist is '"Ujedinjeno Kraljevstvo 2020" = "United Kingdom 2020".. :lol: :lol: :lol:

LastDreamer

Banned
Please, no Foxes (Hi, 0️⃣ ) , no boring Leona.
Send Scooch again. I always will have a very warm feelings for "Flying The Flag".

58.jpg

Last edited:
  • Say Yay
Reactions: Mrm

ESCConor

Please, no Foxes (Hi, 0️⃣ ) , no boring Leona.
Send Scooch again. I always will have a very warm feelings for "Flying The Flag".

58.jpg

I do not want Scooch anywhere near our selection this year.

It would flop badly.

Foxes over them anyday.

theditz83

Veteran

Agreed on the basis of his atrocious cover of the mesmerising Robyn classic Dancing On My Own (his biggest hit in the UK, go figure!) But I've enjoyed a lot of Calum's other solo material quite a bit. I have noticed a serious hatred of him from some in this community mind you, not sure what the reason for that is haha xthink

Top Bottom