7 5.0%

6 4.3%

7 5.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
United-Kingdom-scaled.jpg

Chrisiam

I wouldn't put to much faith in a "live performance" that wasn't performed live and was recorded the same day as the launch event (seemingly at the same location) over a week ago where he had to sing live shortly after this was recorded.

Now this isn't me doing a "No guys! This is how the UK can still win it!" kind of deal but, we are nearly two months away from the show itself and at that point then we can panic about him sounding too soft when we hear the rehearsals.

It would be like passing judgement on the unplugged, acoustic, low tempo version of the German entry that has been floating about these past couple of days and saying "Oh, well, that's torn it, they'll never do well now" When it is a fundamentally different performance than the one that will be done during Eurovision week.

Don't worry folks, we have plenty of time to royally screw this up in ways and means that will make this "live" performance recorded in the spare room of a restaurant seem like 'Euphoria' in comparison.

CypriotGirl

Veteran
I misread his name as John Newman and I thought "Oh, really? UK is really trying hard this year, at last". Then I realized it's gonna be like any other year for the UK, sorry. The song is quite nice, but I don't think it will do anything in Eurovision final. Another bottom 5.

hugh

I've only just noticed that James Newman co-wrote this song, used to listen to this song all the time when this first came out, No 1 in the UK too.

Last edited:
  • Scream
Reactions: Mrm

MyHeartIsYours

Great live performance! Although I preferred "You're Not Alone", I think "My Last Breath" is the United Kingdom's best chance at Eurovision since "I Can", the chorus is really catchy even on first listening.

musicfan

Great live performance! Although I preferred "You're Not Alone", I think "My Last Breath" is the United Kingdom's best chance at Eurovision since "I Can", the chorus is really catchy even on first listening.

You're Not Alone was a very underrated entry, it's not like it had that much to compete against that year either.

The stripped down version of this new song does sound better for me than the studio. Some may want it loud with huge gear changes but that does cheapen Eurovision. Maybe he could have more charisma as said here, but if it's a song contest shouldn't it be about the music?

hijirio

Veteran
It's a grower indeed. Upgrading from 6 to 7, but i don't wanna get too carried away cuz they might butcher the staging.

Franzilein

Oh no! The song doesn't come alive live! I also expected a more powerful voice. He cannot sell his own song to the listeners :(

My exact reaction when I watched the video, his voice sounds way too soft. Maybe he held back, but I really hope come May he will blow us away, cause the song itself is so cute and heartwarming.

cripesdude

All the songs are in and for the first time in a long time the UK is knocking on the door of my top 10!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
It's reached 1,000,000 views on youtube. Not quite Russia levels but definitely out perfoming most of our previous entries in recent years.

Chrisiam

Yeah, it manged to reach that late on Monday of that week beating the UK's entry's national final/reveal video. So in the space of about two or three weeks it out did what it took the last entry a whole year to do.

Granted that means nothing in terms of final placings, and given how the contest is currently up in the air as to if it'll go ahead at all it'll become all the more meaningless if we find ourselves needing to pick a new song or even artist if its pushed back a year. But thats a whhhoooollllle other matter!

hijirio

Veteran
Just the year UK sends an above-average song, Eurovision risks getting cancelled. I knew this year seemed a bit unusual.

Top Bottom