7 5.0%

6 4.3%

7 5.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
United-Kingdom-scaled.jpg

PashQueerLife

Well according to the totally reliable world of Twitter there has been some speculation that it might be the 29th as the schedule for that date on BBC One is still rather TBA. But aside from that there is nothing concrete to suggest that it will be that date it will be announced.

Thats where we are folks, clutching at so many straws that we could feed a barn full of cows with them.

Well if you look at the Schedule on the bbc website for 29th February, it does show a 30 minute slot prior to The Greatest Dancer at 6pm that currently has nothing in it apart from an "Off Air" status and a "Programmes will resume at 18:30" message:

www.bbc.co.uk/schedules/p00fzl6p/2020/02/29

With the News accounted for beforehand and Pointless Celebs being shifted til after The Greatest Dancer this might mean something is booked in there but the BBC might not want' people to know about it just yet. But who knows what it's for.

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
Saturday evening reveal?? Really? That would be bizarre, unless there is something worthy of that slot coming... ;)

Also @Mimmon there are no adverts on BBC so that definitely wouldn't happen. A filler show could be shoehorned in if there's a bit of doubt perhaps.

ESCConor

Its pretty odd to see a 30 min suddenly freed right between the Regional News and The Greatest Dancer and right in the middle of Prime Time Saturday night TV.

Thats surely a date for an announcement, There's no way the BBC would leave a 30 min slot free like that.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Isn't the BBC national news on at 18:00 to 18:30 though? The days before and after, that slot is always the news. Also that's the London schedule.

edit: nvm, looked at the East Yorkshire & Lincolnshire one, and the same slot is free.

EscUKFan

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, it probably ISNT Eurovision related. As upsetting as it sounds, maybe they’re leaving some free space for coverage of Caroline Flack’s funeral?

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, it probably ISNT Eurovision related. As upsetting as it sounds, maybe they’re leaving some free space for coverage of Caroline Flack’s funeral?

I don't think they'd cover her funeral for a tea time slot on a Saturday evening. It would just be shown in the news. They don't normally for other people. They've either cancelled something for that time and haven't refilled it or it's reserved for something not yet marked down. I agree though the chances are is that it isn't Eurovision.

ESCConor

I dont see the BBC Covering the funeral on BBC One to be honest.

they'll probably will cover it on their main BBC News Channel.

PashQueerLife

The more I've looked into the schedule the more I think it could be 29th.

In the past (even on internal selections) they announce during week (mon-fri), and they alway announce in the week before the delegation meeting. But looking at the schedule there is not an appropriate slot for the announcement on BBC 1 in that last week between 2nd - 8th.

It won't be Sat 7th as there's a pretty big Six Nations match between England and Wales starting at 4.45pm, and coverage for a match like that is usually around 3 hours. That night is also the Greatest Dancer Final, so will take up a larger slice air time.

There is a daily 45 min slot between 4.30 and 5.15 during the week, but that's not primetime and we alway announce at primetime. It could be a red button announcement I suppose but BBC have been using that less and less in recent years to do announcements.

I also checked BBC 2's schedule and there is not appropriate slot there either.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Lets wait and see then, it certainly looks more encouraging if they're going to announce it at tea time, Saturday night on BBC 1.

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Lets wait and see then, it certainly looks more encouraging if they're going to announce it at tea time, Saturday night on BBC 1.
If they are announcing it on Saturday night on BBC 1 then I imagine they’ll have a got a good name... they surely wouldn’t announce at prime time if it was just Mary from Southend :lol: keeping my fingers crossed :mrgreen:

Chrisiam

Welp, I looked on The Radio Times and looked at that date and time and it says that Celebrity Master Mind is going to broadcast in that slot. So unless its just a placeholder that the beeb sent out to keep things quiet it looks like we are back to square one!

Mrm

Veteran
If they are announcing it on Saturday night on BBC 1 then I imagine they’ll have a got a good name... they surely wouldn’t announce at prime time if it was just Mary from Southend :lol: keeping my fingers crossed :mrgreen:
That Mary sounds wonderful... xlove xheart

cripesdude

My hunch is it’ll be a social media announcement with a media release, including for all BBC News outlets... Expect some sort of intro video/interview aside the full music video for the song.

...or maybe not?

Top Bottom