6 4.3%

7 5.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
United-Kingdom-scaled.jpg

Mainshow

Veteran
Scrap this national final format, sack the entire delegation, and start afresh. We need to think completely differently about everything.

In every group project there's that one person who will do absolutely nothing, expect full credit and then whine when things go wrong. Usually, this person is also ridiculously entitled and spoiled. This is the UK in Eurovision. It doesn't take a genius to realise that we richly deserve every terrible result we've had for the last 15 years, and that we're only going to get more of the same by sending middle of the road pop trash sung by hopeless nobodies. The only way out is to extract ourselves from our own backsides. We have one of the best music industries in the world and it's time we actually started using it.

Also, get OGAE UK as far away from the national selection process as physically possible. Better still, let's disband it entirely.

They should hire you! - Nailed it.

Dessi

My favourite UK band.... *yes I'm HOPING* :D xheart

Loindici

Veteran
I've just uploaded my new video on what the BBC need to do to do well in Eurovision 2020, lemme know what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOl-rcn0JeA

What do you think we need to do?

I don't really like the mindset that BBC's delegation 'might have' in this decade. In my opinion, it looks like BBC is just extracting money out of Eurovision : they will do as low-effort as possible to at least get a representative/song, because they know they will get a lot of money out of its viewership. And then they will laugh about their flopping entry because 'Hey, at least we get rich from this joke contest! We don't have to do anything! It's cheap money!"

If this is what the delegation of United Kingdom is about, I would love to HAVE them be pressured, protested, or petitioned by the UK Eurovision fans so that it becomes a freaking issue until they don't have any choice but to make a change, or just to disband the delegation entirely. This delegation of the decade surely does not give any figs about the contest whatsoever.

Last edited:

CPV4931

My favourite UK band.... *yes I'm HOPING* :D xheart

They would make me voting for the UK for sure :-)
[MENTION=14152]missbones[/MENTION] - just have to mark you here

Ezio

Veteran
My favourite singer is Marina.

I love all her albums.

Her songs are so original and catchy. And some of her songs make me cry.

I pay a lot of attention to her lyrics as well. I love her meaningful songs.

Preuss

Send Sam Smith
one of my favourite artists all times
won't happen but dare to dream

Franco

I love all her albums.

Her songs are so original and catchy. And some of her songs make me cry.

I pay a lot of attention to her lyrics as well. I love her meaningful songs.

Me too!
Her songs give me all kinds of feelings. It's amazing how she reaches all the strings we have within.
I especially love Savages, which gives me chills under the skin from the first to the last word, every time I listen to it.

tuorem

Since she's flopping underperforming in the charts, that would be great if she saw the contest as a way to promote her work.

Her voice is gold, that theatrical dark rich tone and higher register with lyrical undertones she has is fantastic.

Rather than a ballad, I think I'd prefer her to sing a banger along the lines of "Froot" xheat aka my ultimate favourite track from her.

No way the UK would end up receiving 3 points with that.

I mean, we can dare to dream before the BBC finds "Storms part 2", right? :D

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
There are only a small handful of countries who would still be allowed to use English under a reinstated language rule (just :uk: :mt: :ie: and :au: I believe?), and I'd like to see all of them branch away from it. I actually think Europe would absolutely eat up something in Gaelic/Welsh/etc., and I can provide a pretty airtight guarantee that it would be better than what the UK are currently serving.*

*Watch me say this and us get Storm/Bigger Than Us (Welsh Remix) :rolleyes:

Ezio

Veteran
Me too!
Her songs give me all kinds of feelings. It's amazing how she reaches all the strings we have within.
I especially love Savages, which gives me chills under the skin from the first to the last word, every time I listen to it.

savages openend my water gates so hard!

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Going to keep posting promising upcoming talent from the UK in the hope someone from the BBC is listening...

Sea Girls

Loindici

Veteran
Is the UK viewpoint towards Eurovision really that low now? I mean... most of the news about UK after season 64 is 'UK lost in a defeat' 'UK did even worse than we thought' 'Terry Wogan said the voting is ridiculous' and even Lorraine Kelly did those awful things on her talkshow. It's like... the UK media would not stop victimizing themselves unless they earn the respect they want. I want to know if this is really the case, because that would mean no support whatsoever from the media regarding Eurovision.

PanosAK

UK is the biggest mystery of Eurovision to me, in modern times.

In a competition were most countries now are trying to sing in english to have worldwide appeal, the country which has always produced top level artists, singing in english... can't seem to come close to winning.

Etanna

Is the UK viewpoint towards Eurovision really that low now? I mean... most of the news about UK after season 64 is 'UK lost in a defeat' 'UK did even worse than we thought' 'Terry Wogan said the voting is ridiculous' and even Lorraine Kelly did those awful things on her talkshow. It's like... the UK media would not stop victimizing themselves unless they earn the respect they want. I want to know if this is really the case, because that would mean no support whatsoever from the media regarding Eurovision.

Media write stuff that people will read so obviously emotional self-victimizing articles are the easy way how to get a lot of reads effortlessly... They do that in most countries no matter the truth. The real problem lies with the people in charge - it's them who can get the UK to send a good entry with a respectable result. Once they do that, the people's (&media's) viewpoint will change.
Any chance the people in charge will be changed? That could help, probably better than changing the broadcaster completely.

Also, the first step in the right direction should be sending an artist who has an actual connection to their song and not assign random songs to random people.

msescusa

Ohhhh I didn't expect to see a Suede video here. We're not worthy, it'd be a dream. xlove

There is one aspiring singer/songwriter from Northern Ireland who's graduating from St. Andrews later this month. His name is Luke McWatters. You'll find a video of him performing with an American Coed on YouTube. You might want to check out their duet, and try to convince all doubters that they could put the UK back in contention in the land of Miffy next May. You all know what happened the last time the UK sent an act with an American female singer...they WON!xyaayxyaayxyaay

Zonne147

I just want to say one thing about :uk: : You can do much better. And I'm sure many people will agree with me.

The results are awful for a country with so much potential... Hope 2020 will be the turning year.

Top Bottom