30 12.8%

21 8.9%

24 10.2%

17 7.2%

40 17.0%

• Total voters

bstream

Re: UNITED KINGDOM 2018

Yes, this 2017 national final was taken a bit more seriously, and a better song and final result came out from it. However, what made UK 2017 even remotely decent was Lucie Jones' vocals and the unexpectedly strong staging. The song was on the same level of interchangeable music from the 2016 selection.

The song selection needs to be improved with the focus on finding a good song-artist-performance package, and not the BBC's opinion on what should be "made-for-Eurovision."

megzpegz

None of these artists you guys are saying will do it, but it's nice to dream I suppose

Fluke

Why does it HAVE to be BBC? They're basically the reason the UK sucks.

Jacketh

You know, I've always been firmly against the "everyone hates the UK", "it is all politics", stuff. But I feel like I'm finally joining that mode of thinking (shamefully)

Lucie's song wasn't fantastic. But, I just don't see how it deserved 15th. The staging was easily one of, if not the best. In terms of vocals, she absolutely nailed it. She looked good. She had a fantastic position in the running order. It all came together for her.

But it still wasn't good enough for the top 10.

It's an improvement on the last few years, but Molly and Lucie have both been done an injustice now when both of them should have comfortably been in the top ten.

CaspianMortis

Maybe the UK should send a giant mashup of Adele, One Direction, Emeli Sande, Ed Sheeran and the Beatles, and MAYBE they will get on the left side of the board. :lol:

:(

cripesdude

Maybe we should just pull a San Marino and send Lucie again and again with different songs until she eventually wins :D

popavapeur

Okay I want a Band for UK. So you choose : Little Mix with Fireworks or STEPS with Fireworks.

megzpegz

Steps because they would more likely do eurovision

WhoKnows

You know, I've always been firmly against the "everyone hates the UK", "it is all politics", stuff. But I feel like I'm finally joining that mode of thinking (shamefully)

Lucie's song wasn't fantastic. But, I just don't see how it deserved 15th. The staging was easily one of, if not the best. In terms of vocals, she absolutely nailed it. She looked good. She had a fantastic position in the running order. It all came together for her.

But it still wasn't good enough for the top 10.

It's an improvement on the last few years, but Molly and Lucie have both been done an injustice now when both of them should have comfortably been in the top ten.

I disagree. I found the staging awful. Dated, tacky and completely wrong for the song. Lucie's styling was terrible. Neck up, she was styled like she was 8. Neck down, she looked like a woman of a certain age who's desperate. Looked sad, tbh. And finally, idk what those facial expressions were all about. Was lucky to even get 15th.

megzpegz

Apparently man's zelmer low is helping with the selection process for next year

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Apparently man's zelmer low is helping with the selection process for next year

Wut. Where did you read that? And so soon after esc that the BBC make plans? I highly doubt it is true. We won't know anything until at least September.

megzpegz

It was in the mirror so probably not true just a rumour

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

megzpegz

Daily Star. xheat S-L-A-Y

It is probably something completely unrelated to ESC that he will do. :lol: We always get articles like this, last year I remember reading about the Russian 2016 entry song writing team saying they were creating an entry for us. If it is esc, then lets see what he will do.

Yeah won't be true they said Rylan Was In contention for representing us in 2017 that didn't happen :)

Edward

Actually I wouldn't be surprised. If the UK was already desperate enough this year to outsource a previous ESC winner...why not again. But now a more successful one. Give it a go. Come on boys :lol:

But on a more serious note, shouldn't the UK be through with ballads and duets at least?

If you're going to lose by default do it in style. Fly the flag again :mrgreen:

Or something cool and unpretentious like Daz Sampson back in the day.

Sean

Admin
Staff member

I'm hoping that the BBC will actually pick some bands to take part in the national final next year, some credible and interesting music would be nice...

Apparently we're in a five-year plan for the contest so hopefully next year we might see some more growth... perhaps more songs to choose from or an extra round? Fingers crossed.

Sean

Admin
Staff member

Either way I'm pleased with the current BBC team's approach in Kyiv and from what they said. It seems that when Guy came back in 2014, almost like when France had their new head of delegation in 2015, he came in with a pre-conceived notion of what Eurovision was all about and got it very wrong. Now they're learning year on year since Electro Velvet, and we'll hopefully start reaping the rewards soon with any luck xheya

Franzilein

To be honest, I would love it if the UK, out of all countries, sent something in Welsh or Gaelic just to screw with the "English mania" that has taken hold of the ESC the last few years, as in the spirit of "Hey, if you guys don't want to be diverse, we do it for you". Would be at least something unexpected and refreshing xlove

Top Bottom