32 7.6%

• Total voters

12Points

New song again, but this time a dance one with German DJ Zwette :mrgreen:

Zwette feat. Molly - Rush :D

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Molly doing the ALS Ice bucket challenge.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
This was posted on Oikotimes, so it's most likely to be fake, but they claim that 4 countries will withdraw tomorrow (incl. one Big 5 country)

If this is true (probably not), I doubt it'd be the UK

Just saw this from back in May... Tell me again those 4 countries who withdrew? :lol:

tuorem

She should have won!

The broadcaster screwed her with the draw, if she had performed instead of Spain, she would have been top 10 at least.

Tbh, before listening to the song and looking at the title of the song, I thought that the Bristish were once again supporting a cheesy song. How wrong I was! I immediately liked the atmosphere : it's modern and Molly is a good singer. The more I listen to it, the more I like it.

So yes, I agree, she could have won.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
The broadcaster screwed her with the draw, if she had performed instead of Spain, she would have been top 10 at least.

Tbh, before listening to the song and looking at the title of the song, I thought that the Bristish were once again supporting a cheesy song. How wrong I was! I immediately liked the atmosphere : it's modern and Molly is a good singer. The more I listen to it, the more I like it.

So yes, I agree, she could have won.

I found this Ironic how DR strategically placed her last in the draw, but then Denmark ended up giving her 7 points. :lol: The highest number of points we got of them since 1997.

I agree with the most that she was underrated in the voting, and possibly overrated by the fans? She deserved a much better place but the staging and performing last proved counter productive.

cassio

I still think that Basims performance and song was much better than Mollys... Maybe the 7 points we gave UK was because we felled sorry for UK last year (in Malmö). So many from UK had so high expectations for Molly but she did do better than Bonnie did last year.....

Try talk Kate Bush into representing UK in 2015, Im so sad that I didn't had the time to go to London....

IncognitoGH

She deserved higher. Much higher. I think it was risk of the BBC to send her, but the right direction for the UK at Eurovision. The placing of her song didn't help her and her performance wasn't the best it could have been, but it was so refreshing to see a good song, performed by a good artist who has a good voice. More for 2015!

Hello CrystalBallGazer, I feel we know each other from a previous life. I must agree with all that you've said. Her latest release "My Happiness" was very enjoyable but we want the Amanda who fills the dance floors with her mysterious beats. Imagine these hot beats at Eurovision and representing a country as unfairly doomed as the United Kingdom? We can but dream of this day. Perhaps it will happen once in our lifetime? I fear however that I shall be dead by the time Amanda decides she would like to sing for the UK at the prestigious Eurovision Song Contest. The UK should seek souls...seek larger more powerful souls...seek the Queen of Chinatown. Seek Lear.

Bless your comments CrystalBallGazer. Warmest regards, RainyWoods.

p.s. see you on Xbox Live later.

Excuse me but who do you take me for? I wouldn't create two accounts. Is it not possible that there could be more Amanda Lear fans here besides myself?

Dear CrystalKaiXX a.k.a. Kai XX,

Amanda won't represent any one country. Amanda is eternal, ubiquitous, all-seeing, all-being. She represents a little of all of us, and through her freedom of being we see within ourselves that which we suppress out of fear, but upon its release and expression is the most beautiful of all of the things on earth.

When we all allow ourselves to embrace what Amanda has to teach us, then each and every one of the Eurovision stars will ignite the spark, if only at entry level, of creativity and from that will emerge again an expression of genius akin to what Queen Lear has already achieved centuries ago.

My only prayer is that it is not too late..

Sincerely, with much love and Blessing,

xCrystalBallGazer

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Lock up your daughter! :p

Ok. I've watched the performance again, this time really takin' my time trying to point out the flaws of it, and I must say there's some laziness clearly going on in there. Actually it FEELS like an incomplete rehearsal. Firstly, why is she dressed like a pseudo-oriental version of Liz Taylor's Cleopatra? It doesn't work. Also: Why about that "WHOOOOO!!" after the first refrain? Lack of focus, too spontaneous and not-taking-this-too-seriously. FAIL. And then I haven't even mentioned the pathetic "shoulder move" as the camera pans to the left. It starts to repair itself when the second verse starts "Something's stirring in the silence". She regained a bit of attitude. But the vocals are too stiff, too weak, the performance is too unorganized and it fails to come together as a coherent piece.

The lightning is actually terrible. If everything else fails, you must have something there to cover up for you. Not in this case.

What worse is, the drums. Really cringeworthy to watch that drummer goin' at it on these static and soulless pre-recorded drum machine patterns. I know, they're not Teddy Riley or Timbaland, but they could've least TRYING to make them drums end up on the right side of the road. The scratchy drums combined with the screechy voice of Molly, makes the sound of this performance a huuuuge disappointment. The Choir is Ok. No shadow falling here. When the rain of sparkle kicks in, you're, sadly, too much reminded of Emmelie De Forests act last year, to appreciate it fully. But still, that's the best part of the performance. But the ending is really bad. They could of saved it, had they turned the lightning off with the last drumkick, to leave her standing there in the shadows. As it happened, the ending gave ZERO effect on the performance. Tremendous disappointment.

Now you might wonder, why the complains? It sounds like I'm bashing the whole performance, that it came out as a total disaster. The answer is very easy. It all comes down to one thing: Lack of rehearsals. Laziness. Lack of hard work and determination to create the possibly largest performance ever. If you approach it in a half-arsed manner, it's gonna end up in a less than mediocre performance, which sadly, was the case here. The song is, I mean, really, a fantastic piece of music. Shame to see they treated it that badly for this live performance. That's what the rehearsals are there for. You're gonna perfect the damn thing till you get it right, and they didn't.

I'm bringing this up, because I do believe we're seeing steady a decline of truly great performers in these dark ages of music. You know, just place a DJ on stage and put on the expensive lightning equipment, and you have a so-called performance. This is 2014, we should be well into creating a spectacular show, but instead, we're moving backwards. This is a huge shame, and I hope you understand what I'm trying to say here. This song could have won the competition, had they played their cards right. But they didn't. And THAT's the disappointment. Don't be lazy, you're never gonna get big if you are lazy. Look at Lady GaGa, she's not my favorite by any means. I don't listen to her music. But she's BUSTING HER ASS OFF everyday to perfect herself. And she's just one of them, there are still some artists out there that really work hard to make a living.

tuorem

[MENTION=12366]Eurovisionified[/MENTION] You may think Molly's performance was not so good, that it was badly staged etc. but nowadays Eurovision is much less all about over-the-top acts as before. In my opinion, the work of the British delegation this year was nowhere near perfect, but still it was a huge improvement compared to their previous efforts. However I agree the stage wasn't used at its full potential, but so what? It was a pretty honest performance tbh, nothing to be ashamed of.

Top Bottom