17 5.6%

8 2.6%

14 4.6%

7 2.3%

17 5.6%

• Total voters

Terry

Hey, wait a second. I was not bashing Euphoria at all. :O

It is IMO the best Eurovision song and one of the best overall songs of all time.

I was simply asking for your definition on the word "hit."

LalehForWD

Hey, wait a second. I was not bashing Euphoria at all. :O

It is IMO the best Eurovision song and one of the best overall songs of all time.

I was simply asking for your definition on the word "hit."

No, I didn't mean you were and I was afraid you would react just like this. Sorry, it wasn't directed to you. I wrote it to explain why I commented in the first place. :)

DanielLuis

Hey does anyone know if any countries have already said whether they will withdraw this year or not? I know San Marino has confirmed, but i heard Albania is not happy with its results this year and is planning a withdrawal. Also are any countries planning on returning?

That's discussed in another thread

Terry

That's okay. But yeah, Euphoria is probably the most successful Eurovision song of all time, even more so than Save Your Kisses For Me and even Volare especially now in the digital age.

musicfan

I don't hate on Loreen, I'm probably just frustrated with Eurovision winners not meaning much to me. I tend to prefer other entries. Russia were better this year I think than when they won for example, and I'd say the same for other places. With the the many choices in the voting though a winner will never please quite a large proportion of the audience.

Anyway back to Bonnie, I think was the best British entry for quite a while. Still not a great one to me, but listenable.

LalehForWD

I know there were some (several) attempts made by fans to get Euphoria charted in Britain. Due to this I was following iTunes UK last spring and got my illusions pretty much crushed. The list was obviously manipulated on many occasions and this happened indeed at ESC time in Baku. Clearly affecting Euphoria. Still you can say it was pretty successful in the UK taking into count it was played only once (I think) in BBC radio.

Terry

I know there were some (several) attempts made by fans to get Euphoria charted in Britain. Due to this I was following iTunes UK last spring and got my illusions pretty much crushed. The list was obviously manipulated on many occasions and this happened indeed at ESC time in Baku. Clearly affecting Euphoria. Still you can say it was pretty successful in the UK taking into count it was played only once (I think) in BBC radio.

What do you mean by manipulated? I don't know anything about that.

LalehForWD

What do you mean by manipulated? I don't know anything about that.

I don't really know to be honest. I was afraid this question would come up. :D It's a feeling, a suspicion that grows on you with small details. Nothing concrete, sudden burst of massive download of a song for example. I saw a clear example in Swedish iTunes regarding some Justin Bieber songs last autumn. So no, I don't have any proof, just study it for a while convinced me. And yes, it's utterly wrong to express unproved suspicions like that - sorry. :)

Terry

I don't really know to be honest. I was afraid this question would come up. :D It's a feeling, a suspicion that grows on you with small details. Nothing concrete, sudden burst of massive download of a song for example.

But it was like that all over Europe when Euphoria won. I do not believe for one minute it was manipulated anywhere in Europe and it was a genuine success all over.

LalehForWD

But it was like that all over Europe when Euphoria won. I do not believe for one minute it was manipulated anywhere in Europe and it was a genuine success all over.

I didn't mean Euphoria was manipulated on iTunes. Warner Sweden doesn't have resources for such things. Naturally I'm not sure of what happened and this is also just as I remember it. Euphoria was on iTunes UK all spring jumping up and down. This continued throughout the summer and I believe it's still there somewhere. Sorry I can't be more specific of events. :)

edit:
Thinking about it, allegations against the list must be if not common, but at least regularly occurring. Perhaps my comment was just kicking in open doors or adding to the usual whining. Sorry if that is the case. I haven't seen any real debate in Sweden on the subject though.

MrJadeEwen

? Illusions crushed.... Euphoria got to #3 and was charting in the top 75 till August, no eurovision song of the last 10 years got even close to that. Most people know of euphoria even if they don't know it well enough to sing along. It's the closest eurovision song to a "hit" for many years. There was no list manipulation and Radio 1 played it on every chart show and update, played it 4 times otherwise (4 times more than blue or jade got may I add). Capital FM played euphoria in the A-List getting played hourly and euphoria was on the music TV shows. Considering how competitive the UK market it, she did extremely well and #3 is nothing to be ashasmed of. Now call me daft but what illusions did you have in mind if these were crushed.

Edit:
here is the chart run
85-3-13-20-30-41-42-60-81-64-75-59

now considering she did no promo other than the week she won, she did amazingly well. many singles can't keep up like this.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Euphoria got a sudden burst after it won Eurovision, if that seems suspicious to anyone then I will be mightily surprised :lol:

LalehForWD

? Illusions crushed.... Euphoria got to #3 and was charting in the top 75 till August, no eurovision song of the last 10 years got even close to that. Most people know of euphoria even if they don't know it well enough to sing along. It's the closest eurovision song to a "hit" for many years. There was no list manipulation and Radio 1 played it on every chart show and update, played it 4 times otherwise (4 times more than blue or jade got may I add). Capital FM played euphoria in the A-List getting played hourly and euphoria was on the music TV shows. Considering how competitive the UK market it, she did extremely well and #3 is nothing to be ashasmed of. Now call me daft but what illusions did you have in mind if these were crushed.

Edit:
here is the chart run
85-3-13-20-30-41-42-60-81-64-75-59

now considering she did no promo other than the week she won, she did amazingly well. many singles can't keep up like this.

You are probably right. British chart mechanisms isn't the easiest to understand for an outsider. I remember I tried to check how many times Euphoria was played on the radio, but couldn't really figure out how it all worked.

MrJadeEwen

So I just bought Leanne Mitchell's Album, now I really can't get why the BBC didn't pick her. The voice UK winner would surely be up for it? anyway she has some beautiful songs on there. Had to upload one to share with you guys

Imagine a three minute version of this.. a much more worthy ESC song I think :)

Celia

I read somewhere (maybe in the UK 2014 thread xthink) that Leanne wouldn't do it. I'd rather have Bo Bruce xheart

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
Seems Ruth Lorenzo wants to do it. I'd be OK with that.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Seems Ruth Lorenzo wants to do it. I'd be OK with that.

I've acquired a strong allergy to singing talent shows and all the people that enter these things but I remember Ruth well.. I recall her just exploding out of nowhere with that cover of "Purple Rain". She was brilliant and is just about the only person that ever touched me with a performance on one of these (detestable) shows. She could be great for us. I can't see the BBC picking her though.

Top Bottom