Contact us

UNITED KINGDOM 2010 - Josh Dubovie - That Sounds Good to Me

how do you rate the entry?

• Total voters

Kirkland

Re: UNITED KINGDOM - United Kingdom 2010

TF100 said:
First plausible rumour of the season regarding the performer is that one of the people chosen to compete was a member of the early 00s boyband Northern Line...
If thats true I am hedging my bets on it being Ziggy Lichman he's done a few TV shows like Big brother and a few others I think if its any of them its him.

TF100

The BBC's Eurovision twitter has suddenly put up "Hey everyone! We're BACK BACK BACK! BBCEurovision is about to start tweeting for 2010! :) More news to come very soon", let's hope this really is "soon" :D

Bojan

can I get a link to their twitter page please? :)

TF100

Nevermind, apparantly "soon" means "in the next 2 weeks", not really helpful :?

Kirkland

Now after this announcement theres no doubt in my mind that our national final will most likely start on the 20th of feb:D

MrJadeEwen

.. there is a light at the end of the tunnel, admitedly its a small one but xD

Bojan

they also asked who would you like to represent the UK this year and I replyed - CHERYL COLE LOOL :oops: :lol: only in my dreams :cry:

TF100

Bojan said:
they also asked who would you like to represent the UK this year and I replyed - CHERYL COLE LOOL :oops: :lol: only in my dreams :cry:

I dunno what they're hoping to achieve with that, seeing as 99% of the responses they get will be much better than whoever they've got lined up :lol:

Kirkland

muffin said:
is anything confirmed on the style? MYMU or YCNY or what xD
Latest twitter on the bbceurovision twitter page:
"@llordllama I believe Graham is still involved. The date and format of "Your Country Needs You" is yet to be announced! :)"

He also responded to something I said:mad:ChrisKirklandGB Not immediately. We'll open things back up again just before YCNY (as I'm juggling this and SYTYCD at the moment!)

I think this is more proof that its going to be a similar format to last year eg. with unknown singers competing to go to Eurovision with a song written by a famous singer. Also I think it shows again that YCNY will only start after SYTYCD ends which means 20th of feb at the earliest.

MrJadeEwen

look at the front picture on the BBC site

2010_speculation.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/eurovision/

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

This year, there is alot of speculation over the choosing of a representative for the United Kingdom. British broadcaster, the BBC, is remaining tight lipped over their national selection format for the Eurovision Song Contest 2010.
Last year the BBC, chose the format for their national selection as 'Your Country Needs You.' That format had Andrew Lloyd Webber and Diane Warren, as the song writers while the public chose Jade Ewen to sing 'My Time' at the Eurovision Song Contest 2009. The outcome was a success as the United Kingdom finished in a respectable 5th place in Moscow.

The BBC have yet to announce their national selection format for the Eurovision Song Contest 2010. Various leaks have been posted on the internet to this years format including some by the BBC itself.

Today the BBC official website posted the picture muffin just posted.

Also the BBC have been posting tweets on their official Eurovision Twitter site saying an announcement is due in 'the next week or two" and that "Graham (Norton) is still involved. The date and format of "Your Country Needs You" is yet to be announced! :)" (see here)

The casting organisation, Jayne Collins Casting, which found last years entrant, Jade Ewen, is also believed to be involved with the UK search this year but that has yet to be confirmed.

A confirmation of the selection format for the UK is expected shortly.

http://esctoday.com/news/read/14820

TF100

Matt said:
The casting organisation, Jayne Collins Casting, which found last years entrant, Jade Ewen, is also believed to be involved with the UK search this year but that has yet to be confirmed.

Wrong. Jayne Collins herself posted "We're busy making plans for Eurovision, which we're involved with once again this year. Fingers crossed we'll take 1st prize in Oslo in May!".

Hero

should we be expecting news this week? maybe tomorrow?

Hero

it wasnt til the 15th of feb in 2007 so i wouldnt be surprised if they left it til around then
booo

MrJadeEwen

well according to BBCeurovision on twitter. They are definately having "your country needs you" but cannot confirm anything else until the final details have been sorted -.-

Hero

well we received nothing this morning :( maybe tomorrow?

boo bbc

Top Bottom