Josephine Oniyama ft.Travis 🇯🇲 🇬🇧 Idlewild

PLAYLIST

:12: :8: :6: :4: :2: :1: :0: :0: :0:

VOTE TO FERRET
DDL : 2021/07/?

Last edited:

ferret

Angelique-Kidjo-Article-Header.jpg

Angélique is the only artist in this NF who does not live in the United Kingdom...
But as you can see, she performs her song in a duet with a native Englishman, so she has the right!

Angélique Kpasseloko Hinto Hounsinou Kandjo Manta Zogbin Kidjo 🇧🇯 🇺🇸 born July 14, 1960,
is a Beninese-American singer-songwriter, actress, composer and UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador.
Her musical influences include the Afropop, Caribbean zouk, Congolese rumba, jazz, gospel, Latin styles.
She is a multilingual singer, can sing in Benin's languages - Fon and Mina,as well as English,
French, and Yoruba. She is currently the most popular singer on the African continent!
She won the 2008 Grammy Award for Best Contemporary Performer in World Music.

By the way, this is the 4th time when I choose Angélique's song for any contest.
And the first time it happened in 2014... I listened to over 10 albums and was quite impressed!

Last edited:

ferret

Josephine-Oniyama.jpg

Josephine Oniyama 🇯🇲 🇳🇬 🇬🇧 grew up in a colourful West African culture
combined with the large musical heritage of Manchester, which shaped her style.
She has Jamaican and Nigerian roots that are reflected in her songs, which cover genres from gospel
and country to soul music. In 2002 Oniyama released her debut album A SMALLER VERSION OF THE REAL THING.
later in 2012 Josephine released her 2nd album "Portrait" which was produced by Leo Abrahams.

VOTED: ::mida Thanks!

Last edited:

ferret

28238459c4d8f15fa0a4a9e47038a127.jpg

Rachel Agatha Keen 🇬🇭🇨🇭🇬🇧 was born on 24 October 1997 in Tooting, London to a Ghanaian-Swiss mother
and an English father. She moved to Croydon, where she studied at Woodcote High School before being accepted
to attend the BRIT School for two years before dropping out... On 11 December 2014, Raye released her debut
extended play "Welcome to the Winter".
She is a supporter of Manchester United F.C. ⚽

VOTED: :us: :west: :cn: Thanks!xup

ferret

Screen-Shot-2021-04-30-at-3.38.21-PM.png

Griff was born on 21 January 2001 as Sarah Faith Griffiths 🇨🇳 🇯🇲 🇬🇧 and was raised in Kings Langley,
Hertfordshire. She was born to a Jamaican father and a Chinese mother, as well as having Jamaican grandparents.
Griff has stated that she feels "more in touch" with her Chinese ancestry, since her mother is a first generation
migrant that migrated to the United Kingdom during the Vietnam war.

While attending school, Griff kept her musical life private, due to not knowing if her musical career
would be successful, stating:
"no one likes that person at school who talks about how they want to sing".

On 19 March 2021, Griff won the Brit Award for Rising Star and performed "Black Hole"
at the 2021 ceremony. Later that day, she announced details of her debut mixtape.
In October 2021, she is set to embark on a tour across the United Kingdom and Ireland .

VOTED: :pl: Thanks! xup

ferret

ferret

widows_cynthia-erivo_0035.jpg

Cynthia Onyedinmanasu Chinasaokwu Erivo 🇳🇬 🇬🇧 is an English actress, singer and songwriter.
Erivo was born to Nigerian parents in Stockwell, South London. She attended La Retraite Roman Catholic Girls' School.
Her first musical role was in John Adams' and June Jordan's "I Was Looking at the Ceiling and Then I Saw the Sky"
at Theatre Royal Stratford East. Erivo portrayed the title role in "Harriet", a biographical film about American abolitionist
Harriet Tubman. Her performance earned her a nomination for the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress (drama),
she also received a second nomination for Best Original Song for a song she co-wrote and performed for the film
entitled "Stand Up". She is the recipient of several accolades, including a Daytime Emmy Award,
a Grammy Award, and a Tony Award, as well as nominations for two Academy Awards.

By the way, a real battle was fought for the place of Nigeria in this NF! :oops:
5 artists applied for one place at once and the choice was very dramatic...

VOTED: 5 countries and regions xshrugThanks!
* In case a small number of votes are received, we have sent a backup entry.

Last edited:

ferret

Mysie_Rising%20Star%20Award_The%20Ivors%202020%20copy.jpg

Mysie originally released music under her real name Lisbeth Sempa 🇿🇦 🇺🇬 🇬🇧
but the project was later continued with a new moniker - a nod to her middle name, Margaery.

"There’s something indelibly rich about 25-year-old south Londoner Mysie’s vocals.
Since the singer-songwriter’s emergence in 2019 with her stunning track "Rocking Chair",
she has consistently released songs in which that striking voice has taken centre stage
over atmospheric blends of everything from soaring pop and warm gospel to sculpted classical,
deft jazz and intricate Afropop (her grandfather Israel Magembe is credited with bringing
Congolese jazz to Uganda with his band Kampala City Six)."

Last year, Mysie won the inaugural Ivor Novello Rising Star award.
Fraser T Smith, the producer best known for his work with Adele, Stormzy and Dave,
has become a mentor of sorts, and has exec-produced Mysie’s second EP, "Undertones".

VOTED: :ba: :tr: :kr: Thanks!xup
A total of 8 countries and regions voted!

Our NF are not as popular as in other countries, this is an objective reality. But we still hope to get at least 10 votes...

Tomorrow at 17.00 we will either confirm the participation of the winner of the NF,
or our backup artist (who, by the way, is damn good :lol:) will go to Newcastle!

Last edited:

ferret

samolet-animatsionnaya-kartinka-0271.gif

Officially! The UK National Final continues!
9 countries and regions have sent us their votes
and we thank them for this:

xup :us: :west: ::mida :cn: :pl: :ba: :kr: :tr: :nl: xup

In the next 10 days, we will try to attract several more countries
and we will try to determine the winner in this long-suffering selection!

🇬🇧 We are not losing hope. Stay tuned!xheart

Our backup artist is not new to the contests. On this forum, I sent him twice (4 times in total, never to Worldvision) and both times he made me happy by climbing into the top-2. It was a long time ago. Now we are not talking about this anymore...
But I will be happy with any result! I really hope that in the final. 🤞

ferret

thumb_109837_default_news_size_5.jpeg

B A N N E R S
If I Didn’t Have You

1615883972_656603.jpg

:uk: xheart :sc:

Last edited:

ferret

Thank you for 54 points. Although I am surprised that the contest in which Tom Grennan is the winner, Michael Nelson does not make it to the final... Moreover, this is the first time I have seen Michael outside the top-10. His music has always been universal for any audience of listeners. However, I have long drawn conclusions from everything that happens in the Worldvision.

Anyone else who wants to vote in the World Tour NF is welcome! I'll wait a few more days. After that, the National Final UK will be closed and the winner will be determined. And this will be the last NF that I spent here. At least until something changes (which I personally strongly doubt). I won't invite anyone specifically, but everyone can vote. Thanks.

ferret

samolet-animatsionnaya-kartinka-0271.gif

The UK National Final is closed!
10 countries and regions have sent us their votes
and we also thank ::ostl for the final result!

Winner ⭐ 78 points

2nd place xheart 54 points
3rd place :coffee: 43 points

We sincerely hope that you will all be happy with this :mrgreen:

✈️

Last edited:

ferret

Image.jpeg

RAYE : CALL ON ME!

f214bf5ff5d052e405184f3b676b7f8508512278.gifv

⭐ 🇬🇭 :uk:🇨🇭⭐
Goog Luck!

ferret

eb860ded9f0f4882c882a7ac2f552781.jpg

Yes, it's not Tom Grennan. This is George Cosby, about whom you may not have heard anything before.
An incredibly modest guy, has a unique and rare timbre of voice, reminiscent of Elvis Presley... George decided very late
to pursue his career as a vocalist, when the famous
independent music blog of south-central UK
wrote an article about him. And yes, I understand that there is no chance, but just listen to this...

Good Luck! 🇬🇧 xmusic

ferret

Hi @everyone! I need to somehow mark my 100 entry for WV and have been tormenting myself with this for quite a long time... :LOL:
In fact, this is not the case. So, I'm ready for a few adventures. For example, send an Australian artist from United Kingdom or Retro song... But in any case, it will not be a song with billions of views and too famous artists. Anyone who wants to react somehow can mark this post with an appropriate smiley. Here are the options:

:love: < Australian 🇦🇺 Artist/Band
(y) < Retro 🇬🇧 Song
🔥 < Rock 🤘 Song
:oops: < The winner 🥇 from another contest :lol:

...and a special option for my fans from Turkey!
:mad: < fgrtejнаnfkdofkghdyхуйudugldrufjk

Good Luck! xheart

Last edited:

ferret

🇦🇺 - 4
(y) - 2
🤘 - 1

:oops: Are you all really sure that you want to hear an Australian artist living in the UK? But it can be quite unexpected...
Do you really want to? :p Vote!

Top Bottom